Full Race chat and discussion - Page 228 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Turbocharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #4541 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
Full-Race 8th gen Civic Si exhausts have been officially updated!

-all 8th gen civic Si exhausts now include Vbands for easy installation and quick disconnect (no extra charge)

-stock cat adaptor is now available (also at no extra charge)

-Full-Race cyber monday sale is going on now, great time to save some coin on a great exhaust!

shearious -- another option to diagnose if the injector clips are causing misfire, is to use di-electric grease on the injector plugs .. that should improve the connection and you can easily test to see if that helps
i wish mine had v-band
Br3TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #4542 (permalink)

replaced the clips. Still having the same problem.
shearious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #4543 (permalink)

steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearious View Post
replaced the clips. Still having the same problem.
did you tell tuner about this issue? I had the same issue and all I did was replace the plug an play clips and now its good.

Maybe you got something else going on. Maybe a leaky BOV?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
bluek20z3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #4544 (permalink)
o herro

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluek20z3 View Post
did you tell tuner about this issue? I had the same issue and all I did was replace the plug an play clips and now its good.

Maybe you got something else going on. Maybe a leaky BOV?

I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with a bov as our cars when turbo are tuned via the MAP sensor which is after the throttle body, so what happens before the throttle body doesn't matter too much.
I'm not sure about this... but now when I high rev the car, even when the red line light blinks, I don't feel the vtec pull anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGRedline View Post
Did you recently drive a car with torque?
aLmk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #4545 (permalink)

steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with a bov as our cars when turbo are tuned via the MAP sensor which is after the throttle body, so what happens before the throttle body doesn't matter too much.
what do you think it is?

bluek20z3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #4546 (permalink)
o herro

Andrew
Quote:
what do you think it is?

I really don't know, kind of a weird issue, I think his best bet at this point it to capture it on a datalog and have a tuner take a look at it. But when all tuning is done at the map sensor a vac leak before it isn't going to make it stall out or do anything weird. It's not like we have a MAF sensor monitoring all the air sucked in pre turbo and then adding fuel based on that - in that case if air leaks out after the MAF then the injectors would be giving too much fuel as that air was accounted for in the tune, but didn't actually make it to the combustion chamber - this isn't the case for us since our MAP sensor is after the throttle body.
I'm not sure about this... but now when I high rev the car, even when the red line light blinks, I don't feel the vtec pull anymore.
Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #4547 (permalink)

Quote:
what do you think it is?

Have you checked all your coupling to make sure that there isnt any wear? Maybe a hole you cant see? Just throwing ideas out there.
frydrce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #4548 (permalink)

All connections are fine from what I can see and no vacuum leaks that I can tell. It would probably run rough all the time. The injector clips were just replaced with the solder-in pigtails and the problem is still happening. I caught it on datalogs a couple times and Evans said he didn't see anything wrong. I got under the car today and noticed there was some dried coolant on the outside of my primary o2 sensor. There is a slight leak from the return line off of the turbo, it just needs to be tightened but I noticed it over the summer. Do you think coolant on the outside could mess up the reading and cause it to dump more fuel? If so, this would explain why it goes rich before it cuts out and why I can't start it back up immediately but starts up fine after a minute or two, if it's flooded. Also, the issue doesn't happen until the car is warm, which would make sense if it's the o2 sensor since the car doesn't start running off of that until it's warm enough. Just brainstorming. Let me know what you guys think.
shearious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #4549 (permalink)
o herro

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearious View Post
All connections are fine from what I can see and no vacuum leaks that I can tell. It would probably run rough all the time. The injector clips were just replaced with the solder-in pigtails and the problem is still happening. I caught it on datalogs a couple times and Evans said he didn't see anything wrong. I got under the car today and noticed there was some dried coolant on the outside of my primary o2 sensor. There is a slight leak from the return line off of the turbo, it just needs to be tightened but I noticed it over the summer. Do you think coolant on the outside could mess up the reading and cause it to dump more fuel? If so, this would explain why it goes rich before it cuts out and why I can't start it back up immediately but starts up fine after a minute or two, if it's flooded. Also, the issue doesn't happen until the car is warm, which would make sense if it's the o2 sensor since the car doesn't start running off of that until it's warm enough. Just brainstorming. Let me know what you guys think.
o2 sensor makes far more sense IMO than a vac leak, as I said the only leaks that would cause this issue is something leaking AFTER the throttle body. You could have 20+ leaks before the throttle body and the ECU would never know.
Quote:
Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #4550 (permalink)

In the near future, I will purchase a gt30 kit but I had couple questions.

In the kit, it has the option of buying the bov but I'm taking in consideration of buying the Tial QR instead. Wondering if I should or shouldn't. Also, I've seen a video that they bought the Tial QR but with the wrong spring. He mentioned that the spring that came with the bov was -16in/hg to -19in/hg and said the correct spring should be -21in/hg. If I do end up buying the Tial QR instead , what spring do I need? Will I also need the dumptube? I bought an intake from password jdm and wondering if thats fine or will I need to buy the one thats for option in the kit. Thanks.
iLedGic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #4551 (permalink)
o herro

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLedGic View Post
In the near future, I will purchase a gt30 kit but I had couple questions.

In the kit, it has the option of buying the bov but I'm taking in consideration of buying the Tial QR instead. Wondering if I should or shouldn't. Also, I've seen a video that they bought the Tial QR but with the wrong spring. He mentioned that the spring that came with the bov was -16in/hg to -19in/hg and said the correct spring should be -21in/hg. If I do end up buying the Tial QR instead , what spring do I need? Will I also need the dumptube? I bought an intake from password jdm and wondering if thats fine or will I need to buy the one thats for option in the kit. Thanks.
Why do you want the QR? We don't need to recirculate our bov because our cars when boosted are tuned at the map sensor. If you go with a GT30 you will want a dump tube. Your intake from password jdm will not work at all with the full race kit or any turbo kit.
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.