iPhone v2.0 - Page 67 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Off Topic > Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #1321 (permalink)
VIP Member

Strate L O S S just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicStrate L O S S just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicStrate L O S S just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
wow sucks for you I'm waiting on i6 keynote lol

Strate L O S S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #1322 (permalink)
VIP Member

Robert
spawnkid just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Ok guys so I'm very very new to the whole apple thing and just got the 4s a couple weeks ago. I have a couple questions that I've tried searching for and can't find answers yet. Can anyone tell me how to work the 4g when I'm in an area that has it? On my EVO I had I would just turn on the 4g but I can't find that on this phone.

Also I'm trying to view full web pages instead of the mobile version and can't find that setting either so can anyone point me in the right directions for either one of these things please

spawnkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #1323 (permalink)
VIP Member

|-Goku-| just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
The 4S does not have 4G capabilities. Only the 4S on att can connect to hspa+ which they try to pass as 4G.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|-Goku-| is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #1324 (permalink)
VIP Member

|-Goku-| just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
And if your looking for full sites. Usually the Site you visit has a link at the bottom with a link to the full Site. Otherwise try mercury or atomic browser from the app store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|-Goku-| is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #1325 (permalink)
VIP Member

Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post
The 4S does not have 4G capabilities. Only the 4S on att can connect to hspa+ which they try to pass as 4G.
Well that sucks. I was totally under the assumption that it was 4g but I guess that's what I get for listening to people instead of researching it myself. I wish I would have asked this a couple days ago because now my 14 days to return and exchange are up. I would have just got a newer EVO if I would have known that but thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post
And if your looking for full sites. Usually the Site you visit has a link at the bottom with a link to the full Site. Otherwise try mercury or atomic browser from the app store.
Ok I'll look for those apps because the main one I'm trying to use is imageshack and they don't have the whole site option at the bottom so ill try and use one of the ones you suggested instead. I have a lot of pics saved on that site and my only Internet is my phone for now so the noble version sucks and dosent let you do half of what the whole version does.

Thanks again
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #1326 (permalink)

Matt
wizum just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Apps are updating to fit the iPhone 5 SO slowly, I'm pretty surprised that so little popular apps have adjusted to fit the bigger screen after it's been out for a good amount of time. Not that big a deal just annoying cuz I hate seeing the extra space on top and bottom
wizum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #1327 (permalink)

Shark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicShark Tek just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
ˆˆˆ The same happen with the migration to Retina Display two years ago.
Shark Tek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #1328 (permalink)

Matt
True but increasing resolution is probably harder then adjusting size I would think
Old 10-31-2012, 03:28 AM   #1329 (permalink)
VIP Member

Robert
Ok so I have another question guys. Sorry but still having issues with finding a site besides imageshack to upload pics to and get the forum code to post them on here.

Can someone please point me to a good site to upload pics and be able to copy and paste the forum code so I can post pics on here please? I'm gonna be posting my header for sale hopefully sometime in this next week and my phone is all I have to use for all this stuff so I'm really in need of a site please
Old 10-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #1330 (permalink)

Josh
JDMcbpfa_562 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnkid View Post
Ok so I have another question guys. Sorry but still having issues with finding a site besides imageshack to upload pics to and get the forum code to post them on here.

Can someone please point me to a good site to upload pics and be able to copy and paste the forum code so I can post pics on here please? I'm gonna be posting my header for sale hopefully sometime in this next week and my phone is all I have to use for all this stuff so I'm really in need of a site please
Use Photobucket...can even download app from app store

Sent from my DROIDX
JDMcbpfa_562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #1331 (permalink)
VIP Member

Robert
Awesome thank you so much. I just downloaded it and it is much easier so I really appreciate the help.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #1332 (permalink)
VIP Member

Robert
Ok so I've been reading through this thread and am semi confused as far as a jailbroken iPhone. What is this whole thing and what does it allow you to do that's better than having one that's not jailbroken?

Also obviously apple prob dosent cover the phone if it is jailbroken I would guess so if I'm interested in doing this I'm guessing that the apple coverage I paid for was a waste of money?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #1333 (permalink)

Matt
Jailbreaking allows you to download 3rd party apps which means every app in the app store for free as well as apps not approved by apple to be in the app store. It also allows you to customize the user interface much more than apple allows, for example having iPad gestures, five icon dock etc...

If you restore the iPhone before bringing it in to apple they probably wont say anything. Although if they wanted to they could see you if you've ever previously jailbroke it.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #1334 (permalink)
VIP Member

Robert
O ok. That's pretty interesting. So how does one either jailbreak the iPhone or find someone that is able to do it because I might just be interested in this. I mean now that I have an iPhone I prob won't be going back to any droid so I'm trying to learn all the ins and outs of this whole new world I'm in now......lol
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #1335 (permalink)
VIP Member

Strate L O S S just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicStrate L O S S just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicStrate L O S S just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
iClarified.com
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #1336 (permalink)

onski just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Download modmyi on appstore, theres a lot of info, guides and news about iphone and other apple products.
onski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #1337 (permalink)

Carlos
HERO just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnkid View Post
O ok. That's pretty interesting. So how does one either jailbreak the iPhone or find someone that is able to do it because I might just be interested in this. I mean now that I have an iPhone I prob won't be going back to any droid so I'm trying to learn all the ins and outs of this whole new world I'm in now......lol
What iPhone do you have? You have to be able to meet certain qualifications.
iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 can ALWAYS be jailbroken tethered (also downgradable if you have your SHSH blobs saved)
iPhone 4S has to be at 5.0.1 or 5.1.1
iPhone 5 nothin yet.
HERO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #1338 (permalink)

Robert
HeelsandEers just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Anyone think it's worth getting one of the refurbished Iphone 5's from AT&T? They're $100 cheaper than brand new. Since the phone is relatively new still, there's really no risk of the phone ever being used much, so the battery life should be fine.

The only reason I'd do this is to get the 64gb for $300. Otherwise, I'll probably end up with the 32gb for $300 brand new.
HeelsandEers is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #1339 (permalink)
VIP Member

Do it.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #1340 (permalink)

Carlos
HERO just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I'd do it.
Certified by Apple, how can you go wrong? :P

HERO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.