8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2008 civic si stock suspension problem

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  WHOA tC 
#1 ·
i dont know if its me or the car, because my si feel so bouncy specialy on the highways, anyone having the same problem?

comparing it to my old car(2004 lx sedan,droppend on tokiko blues and h&r springs, it was smoother) even my friend said "dude ur car is bouncy"

i did the search but couldnt see anything after 5 pages(was all about how good the hfp susp is), now my laptop is about to die

what do u guys think?

#4 ·
Do you dislike going to the dealer because of a past bad experience?

I got fed up with the dealer close to my house so I went to one alittle farther away but is well worth the extra miles & time it takes to get there. I've been going to them since '03 & my wife & I both bought out current vehicles('07 FA5 & '07 GD3) from there. What I'm saying is if there is another dealer to go to then by all means try them out. You don't have to go back to the the same asshats that you bought your car from to get warranty work done.

If you're really concerned which it looks like then by all means take the car in & have it checked out by the techs.

#7 ·
Stock SI suspension is pretty bouncy and stiff for some people. It all depends on what really is bouncy for you. You'll notice the bounciness special at night when your lights are on. You'll see the beam bouncing. I wondered the same thing when I first got my SI since I had an 01 ES1 before that dropped on sprint springs(2") stock shocks and I've never noticed the beam from the headlight move so much. Now I'm already lowered on Prokits and its pretty much stock and the minor bounciness is still there but I got used to it. If its really really bouncy then yeah, take it to the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.