A Serious Track Brakes Setup... That works! - Page 5 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Suspension and Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #81 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
I thought this link had some good info, passing it along:

Caliper Drag
GlobalCop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #82 (permalink)

Will
I got myself for circuit racing HT-10 fronts, HP+ rear. I have OEM rotor/calipers with ATE super-blue. (My wilwoods didnt come in time for me to use bigger rotors/calipers)
I'll let ya know how this will work out. I'm excited to see the stopping power and how the setup does.
Thanks for this awesome review!
(going to Gingerman in Western Michigan for WMHM)

I'll do my own review soon.
icewildabeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #83 (permalink)

Will
So I know I'm bringing this out of the dead, but I might as well for anybody that had questions about HPDE/circuit racing pads.

I have an EXTENSIVE setup when it comes to power, suspension and brake mods.
I'm running on the track with well over 500whp at Gingerman Raceway and getting to 140mph in the back straight.

For your reference, this is my setup.
Stance Coilovers (12k rear, 8K Front) Running at the top height of the suspension (honestly, this suspension barely cuts it. Wilwood 6 piston caliper with 2piece 13" rotor with SS brake lines. I'm running on 245/40r17 Dunlop Direzza ZII Starspecs for tires on 17x9 enkei's

I tried the following:
Wilwood BC-10's were sparking and I getting flagged off the track with HUGE brake fade after 3 laps. DO NOT USE.
Hawk Blue's I felt were too aggressive with initial bite but were predictable once engaged, and then then faded a bit as I approached higher speeds.
Hawk HT-14's are too aggressive unless you have GREAT aero, brake cooling, and race tires.
HT-10's are neck in neck with my tires and I ~barely~ can over-brake my tires.

I had a few pads, and only 1 came out on top: Hawk HT-10's.
GREAT response, no brake fade (but I was getting some pedal mush in middle/end of 20min session). I'm at the point where I need to get brake ducts or some kind of cooling to my brakes. (having to double pump brakes the last part of my session to have enough pressure, but brakes themselves did NOT fade.

Last edited by icewildabeast; 07-05-2013 at 03:36 PM.
icewildabeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.