8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

YOUR spring/shock setup? (:

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Grey2.0SI 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've got some s-techs on my car right now, and am debating what kind of shocks to go with them. What are your guys' spring/shock setup, and how is the DD ride quality?:vtec:

#9 ·
they're all gonna ride pretty much the same. Stiffer than stock with better cornering and less body roll. The main difference between all the spring options is the brand (of course) and the amount that it lowers the car. Different brands might offer the same drop b/c it's a safe and popular choice (the car looks good without bottoming out)

know what i mean?

#13 ·
the main difference between stock shocks and aftermarket ones is, the stock ones are designed for the stock ride height. Aftermarket are designed to be compressed more on springs (i think they're actually a tad shorter..correct me if i'm wrong) so they sort of work better. Now, thats in italics because stock shocks like i have are working perfect. They might not last to 100k miles like if i had OEM suspension, but theres plenty of ppl on here running oem shocks for quite a long time with no problems. What im gonna do when they do wear out, is probably replace them with OEM shocks since they're probably cheaper than the tokico or similar brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.