8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Spring and Shock Combo vs. Coilovers

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  cambodianricer 
#1 ·
I've been looking to give my sedan a nice drop. I really like the drop the Sportlines give out, so I was thinking of buying a set of those springs and pairing them up with some good aftermarket struts. I do not AutoX, I only use my car as a daily driver, so I can't really justify spending $1000+ on my suspension.

Would this be a good plan or can you guys recommend any other spring/shock combos or maybe even coilover options around $850?

Note: I have curbs like these in front of my house. Do you think they'd be a problem if I lower my car?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It really depends on how you low you go the curbs will be a problem. Also, taking it at a angle helps a lot also.

As for spring/shock combo or coilovers, what are you looking for? Just a regular drop? Are you planning on going lower in the future? How much drop do you want?

#3 ·
If you are looking for a non adjustable ride height or dampening force and you never go to the track, just do a spring and skunk2 shock combo. Coilovers are definitely worth it though. I had skunk2 springs on stock shocks, and I just put buddy club n+ specs on and its a huge difference. And if you go at an angle, you wont have problem with the curbs.

#5 ·
i would recommend either HFP if you can live with the minimal drop best value for performance and driveabilty. Otherwise rock some sportlines and your stock. Anything above that you will no doubt be over a grand deep in suspension. It adds up quickly. I have Koni sports with eibach prokit,you will most likely then get some camber arms for rear camber bolts up front so money adds up. Driveway shouldnt be an issue go in on angle and your golden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.