8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

***Official Lowered on Sportlines Thread***

210K views 820 replies 226 participants last post by  r a y 
#1 · (Edited)
I know a lot of us are rockin' the Sportlines so I thought we should have our own thread. I'm not going to set a bunch of rules but lets try to keep the comments to a minimum and the photo's to a maximum. I'll start with a few photo's of my ride...

All 8th gen Civic's lowered on Sportlines are welcomed.

See less See more
#11 ·
I was on sportlines on pro c coils now but here are a few pics i loved them -

This is just with Sportlines? You're car looks REALLY low. Is it the surface you're parked on or is it really just that low?

Put mine on a couple days ago and the back is about a there's about an extra finger gap in the back maybe a little more. How long did it take everyones to fully settle?? Time and miles if you can, thanks

#30 ·
I've had H&R, Neuspeed, Skunk2, and Eibach springs... they all make the popping noise. I don't care what springs they are. If you're lowered you'll experience some kind of unusual noises. It's 110% normal. Look at it this way... it's like a chick in high heels... it hurts but she looks hot. Our cars being lowered are like high heels... they hurt (noises) but they look oh so hot!

#33 ·
^man speedbumps? i have 6 between my house and the front of my neighborhood. just gotta go slow meng. i would love to be lower honestly

ps was your comment serious? or were you talking about how large the breastesses are at hooters? trivia nite ftw by the way

#43 ·
I still have my stock springs, thanks. I'm not planning on going back to stock, just looking for something better than just sportlines with the stock dampers. I'm looking for a compromise between stock and sportlines at this point I guess. I just need to do some research on exactly what I want to go with.

It is part of being lowered, and I understand that. I like the look of being lowered and the way it handles, takes corners, etc. but for regular daily driving around town....scraping every driveway and slamming every pothole isn't fun, and bottoming out over speed bumps sucks. There has to be something that isn't quite as harsh as sportlines with shitty stock dampers, still looks cool and is lower and handles better than stock.

#46 ·
I still have my stock springs, thanks. I'm not planning on going back to stock, just looking for something better than just sportlines with the stock dampers. I'm looking for a compromise between stock and sportlines at this point I guess. I just need to do some research on exactly what I want to go with.
thats your problem sir. if you gonna lower it, do it the right way and get new struts/shocks. it rides like crap because you only have an inch (exaggerated) of travel until the strut bottoms out. If you have ridden on the stock struts for any amount of time, they are probably blown. Get some good shocks and the sportlines ride really good (comparatively speaking)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.