8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Hawk HPS vs. Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads.

15K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  FALer 
#1 · (Edited)

#6 ·
He isn't joking when he says HP+ squeal. I have them and it squeals like a mofo. On hard runs it doesn't squeal, just like 10mph stops.

HP+ is not for track, its for performance street/autox, BIG difference. Hawk Blues are for track.

#12 ·
Perfect description! I used to love pissing of asshats on cellphones at stop lights with the loud squeal:umad: lol but yes, great for street/auto x but I did get some fade @ Infineon towards the end of a 20min session(my old crx with 11" brakes front and rear) Oh and they dusted a lot

#8 ·
hp plus do squeal but if your just going to drive on street hps is fine.

if you do autocross hp plus or axxis ult is good.

id go with axxis ultimates. both will dust a lot thats what happens when you get more aggressive brakes.

if you are going to do road course get better brake pads hp plus will not last on a road course unless you drive in beg group and drive like a grandma

#10 ·
they squeal but not as much as hp plus. but thats the trade off of getting more aggressive brakes. I didnt care what sound it made becuase i tracked to car.

but if youre just going to drive on the street just get axxis delux or ultimates
ultimates if you autocross.

hpde events just go buy some race pads from porterfield or cobalt friction and switch them out for track days.

#15 ·
Will this car see any track time? If so get an aggressive track pad and keep the OEM's as well for daily and autocross. Any pad that mentions that it can be used on the street at all is going to be absolute garbage on the track and will fade in 2-3 laps. You can use an aggressive track pad to clean rotors. Just drive around with the pads in lightly for 2-3 days and the pads will scrape all the old pad material off the rotors and you can re bed them in on the first couple of laps at the track. Drive home on the track pads and typically by the time you are home or a couple of days later the rotors are clean again and you can put your OEM pads back in and bed those in. Voila.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.