Buddy club N+ - Page 9 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Suspension and Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #161 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
yeah i was reading that on the site as well... i didnt adjust mine together, but it said that you will get noise if say, the strut and the spring are adjusted for incorrect height, like the strut is adjusted for 3 inch drop and the spring is adjusted for a 2 inch drop... mine is set 2 inches on both, on both sides, and im only getting the noise from the right... i dunno... im getting it lifted next week sometime (garages as slow here in germany) and im gonna drop the rear another inch, and make sure its exact, and then i will see if that helps any... but yeah, im completely dumbfounded as to whats going on with that, never had it happen before...
trans9mp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #162 (permalink)

jon
Ah, bummer was hoping that would help. What do you have your damper settings at? mine is 2f/4r and the back end bounces really bad like i have no suspension travel. but i did go down 3 inches (according to MG) so maybe thats why. i guess im changeing the preload on the spring too much. =/
juanticimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #163 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
mine is 1f/1r and thats just because I had it set higher and it was damn near unbearable to drive... the german backroads are pretty y compared to main roads and the autobahn... my apartment is off some of these backroads... i was bouncing all over the car... even with the back on one tho, there isnt much travel it seems, the rear is still kind of bouncy...

but i did go off the miraclegarage webpage, to the T... so i dunno... i gotta get it lifted and rip it apart... i just turn the music up and ignore the bangs... almost to the point now i tune them out and dont even hear em haha...
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #164 (permalink)

jon
ohh ok cool ill just turn my dampers down then. i was wondering why it was so stiff. the front seems great tho. Are you in the military? is that why u are in germany? i was in the airforce a few years back, and i stopped by reihnmien airbase. germany is a beautiful country.

Well, in all my ignorance i guess you could just be german =P
Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #165 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
i had my rear on 4 to begin with and it was ridic haha... and nope, def not german... 100% american right here, but yeah, i am in the military... im in the army stationed in schweinfurt here... supposed to be for only 2 years... lone behold, 5 years later... here i am, minus the 17th months i spent in baghdad... cant complain tho, those tripes to the war zone are funding my fun with my Si... germany def is beautiful, along with its crazy ass women... but beautiful none the less haha

Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanticimo View Post
Hey thanks, i was trying to figure that out for about 30 mins with no luck. How do i do that? turn my links into actual pictures i mean. doh
since youve got Photobucket they make it easy, theres a box in the drop down menu of the pictures, or the menu to the side, depends what part youre in. . . its got E-mail & IM, direct link and all that. . . you want the IMG Code, copy that, and paste on here
VTEC_4_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #167 (permalink)

jon
Great, thanks for the reply =)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #168 (permalink)

teddy
i just installed a set of these today and i am having similar problems. i cant tighten the nut on the perch, because the entire assembly keeps moving. i do it to as much as i cant while holding the piece that buddy club gave us with a wrench. my ride is way too bouncy and the back is bouncing liike no other. no solution for this on yet?
sm2s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 AM   #169 (permalink)
VIP Member

your talking about the rears? try using the stock nut if it fits. it should go all the way down.
trickyazn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 04:53 AM   #170 (permalink)

teddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyazn View Post
your talking about the rears? try using the stock nut if it fits. it should go all the way down.
yeah the rear. will try that tomorrow.

anyone have any pics of how their perch is on the rears?
Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #171 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm2s View Post
i just installed a set of these today and i am having similar problems. i cant tighten the nut on the perch, because the entire assembly keeps moving. i do it to as much as i cant while holding the piece that buddy club gave us with a wrench. my ride is way too bouncy and the back is bouncing liike no other. no solution for this on yet?
you getting that banging? or just bouncy?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #172 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
ok so i got bored today and decided to jack my car up and see if there was any noticeable difference between the right and left set up on the rear that could be causing this "banging" noise... this is what i found... and since my happy ass has no tools of my own i cant fix it...

here is the left set-up (no banging noise present from left rear)

and here is the right... (where i get the banging noise from)

I obvisiously believe that the left is the correct way of doing it?? Since I get no banging from there... someone please correct me if im wrong... I have to wait about 4 days until a place is open for me to get it fixed... I just noticed how much more the right side is compressed then the left... wonder if this could be the source of the mysterious banging? Ideas anyone?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #173 (permalink)

i can't see your pics trans9, but i have adjusted mine in the rear atleast 4 times in the past 3 days and i still get a banging sound in the right rear and only the right rear. I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm adjusting just like the diagram and still getting the creaking and banging sound from just the right rear.

i'm about ready to post these up for sale and pitch them for something else. Never had this experience with any of my previous coilover set-ups on any other car i've owned.

anyone figures this out. post up.

thanks

Last edited by westonk900; 04-10-2009 at 08:47 AM.
westonk900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #174 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
well ****... its hit or miss with pictures on this site... anyhow... in the pics it shows in the trunk where you adjust the damper... anyhow, the big washer thats on there... on my right side, the curled edge is facing down... and on the left side the curled edge of the washer is facing up... and it appears the one is the right side is like smashing the rubber bushing, more than likely causing it to not have as much play, in turn causing the banging... could be my only guess? dont know... like i said, i have no tools over here so i cant loosen it to flip the washer... maybe check yours out west and see if maybe you are in the same boat? if need be just PM me your email and i can email you the pics so you can see what im talking about... thanks.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #175 (permalink)

teddy
trans9mp, those two cylinders that buddy club gave us.. are they supposed to go on the bottom of the car? like right under the nut? because i put them on the top, right under the nut.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #176 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
Quote:
trans9mp, those two cylinders that buddy club gave us.. are they supposed to go on the bottom of the car? like right under the nut? because i put them on the top, right under the nut.
i believe they go like in the middle... if you get what im saying... can you see my pics? I think they go in the middle of the gasket... i was just messing with my suspension again and on mine they were neither above or below... and i think its because they get shoved up into the gasket... next week im gonna have the place that installed mine remove the rear completely so i can readjust the height... ill take a look then... i really wish i had my tools here :-(
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #177 (permalink)

teddy
do you have pictures of it?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #178 (permalink)

teddy
i put them between that large washer, curled side up and the nut.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #179 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
Quote:
Originally Posted by westonk900 View Post
i can't see your pics trans9, but i have adjusted mine in the rear atleast 4 times in the past 3 days and i still get a banging sound in the right rear and only the right rear. I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm adjusting just like the diagram and still getting the creaking and banging sound from just the right rear.

i'm about ready to post these up for sale and pitch them for something else. Never had this experience with any of my previous coilover set-ups on any other car i've owned.

anyone figures this out. post up.

thanks
Im starting believe we are the only 2 suffering from this problem lol... ive went out and played with it twice today... i confirmed all the measurements are correct... and they are to the T... I know it has nothing to do with the damper setting tho... im on 1F/1R right now and I still get it... and if i change it to something higher i still get it... I wouldnt go and sell them tho... We will get an answer on this sometime, we just have to be patient... hopefully by the end of next week i will this figured out...
Old 04-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #180 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
Quote:
do you have pictures of it?
for some reason when i try to get pics to show up, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont... but im not 100% sure, but this is my left rear (i have NO problems with this side)

let me know if you can see this pic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.