Buddy club N+ - Page 19 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Suspension and Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #361 (permalink)

Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans9mp View Post
yup it did... car rides a little too much like stock for me now, so i adjusted the damper setting up... but yeah, making the preload to 10 mm makes it much smoother

im going to go find a well lit parking lot and take some pictures... its 3 am here... i should be posting something up shortly...
Awesome thanks a bunch, yeah I'm trying not to change my stance too much from how it is, but I really need to upgrade the ride quality.

How low are you, just guesstimating?
skinsfn36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #362 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
between 2 and 3 i would guess... from ground to fender i am 24 inches... i measured that tonight... i dont know what stock is from ground up... judging by the pictures, i need the front to come down a little... but it could be how its sitting... when i had it completely level and measured, the front was a little lower... you must remember tho, it is an upgraded suspension, it will never be like stock... it will be bumpy, but u can mess with it and make it a little smoother... mine rides pretty smooth now, but its still somewhat bumpy... and the damn knocking is killing me haha...

*disregard how dirty my car looks lol freakin pollen in this country is off the chain... and also remember, it was 330 am when i took these pictures so lighting conditions are not the best...

trans9mp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #363 (permalink)

Tyler
AH! nice color choice, we have the exact same car, this is perfect, yeah I'm slightly lower in the front, but not too much and my rear is exactly like that.

So what are your measurements for your rear again?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #364 (permalink)

Tyler
woops, double post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #365 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
in the rear im 170mm/10mm, just set it to that tonight... and of course the camber is horrible lol... but im waiting to get my rear camber kit installed... but sometime here soon im going to go back into the front and drop it a little more to kinda even it out if its off... just gotta find the time... im still trying to figure out this knocking, i have no idea what it could be... ive gone over everything a few times now... so im assuming you have no knocking noise?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #366 (permalink)

Tyler
Quote:
in the rear im 170mm/10mm, just set it to that tonight... and of course the camber is horrible lol... but im waiting to get my rear camber kit installed... but sometime here soon im going to go back into the front and drop it a little more to kinda even it out if its off... just gotta find the time... im still trying to figure out this knocking, i have no idea what it could be... ive gone over everything a few times now... so im assuming you have no knocking noise?
What do you mean by knocking, when I go over huge bumps I feel like my rear wheels leave the ground sometimes, otherwise it's just very very bouncy and you can literally feel every single bump in the road.

My camber kit comes in tomorrow, I'll probably do the install this week along with an alignment. I got the ingalls camber adjusters. I hope they will suffice for autox too.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #367 (permalink)

Tyler
and just to be 100% clear... you're telling me thats the LONG red line measures 170mm long and the short one (the perch) measures 10mm

and so far, that's the best ride quality you've achieved for DD?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #368 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
yup that would be correct...

and as far as the knocking goes... i have no idea what it is... sounds like something is bottoming out, or i dunno... something is hitting somewhere, its hard to describe, its like when i go over any bump tho... although when i made it 170/10 it isnt all the time, just bigger bumps... but something is hitting somewhere... or the struts are bad lol... but i highly doubt that... im gonna try new rubber gaskets and go from there...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #369 (permalink)

Tyler
Quote:
yup that would be correct...

and as far as the knocking goes... i have no idea what it is... sounds like something is bottoming out, or i dunno... something is hitting somewhere, its hard to describe, its like when i go over any bump tho... although when i made it 170/10 it isnt all the time, just bigger bumps... but something is hitting somewhere... or the struts are bad lol... but i highly doubt that... im gonna try new rubber gaskets and go from there...

Yeah, I've had it feel like I've bottomed out too, have you checked your bump stops? I think they might be hitting on larger bumps and that is basically bottoming out because they keep you from doing that I believe.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #370 (permalink)

8TH civic hmong crew/TWFA5CREW
i might have to sell these, the front aren't low enough, i might just adjust the pre-load to get a little more lower.
FA5VL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #371 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
how low are you trying to go? lol... mine is pretty low and it still has more room to go lower...
Old 04-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #372 (permalink)

Quote:
how low are you trying to go? lol... mine is pretty low and it still has more room to go lower...
don't know if this happens to you guys, but the inverted design is affecting how low i can go, in the fronts, the dampening adjuster knob is about to hit the axle dust boot, so i can't go any lower.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #373 (permalink)

teddy
i have a theory as to why there is clunking, and only on the right side of the car. for my car, the spring might be hitting the exhaust, which is on the right side. this could account for the clunking. not sure if anyone has stated this before. any way to fix this?
sm2s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #374 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyazn View Post

The RSX's suspension budges into the trunk whereas our suspensiondoesn't. I believe this has to do with the difference in our suspensions.

We have a Independent multi rear link suspension.

Heres a quick read w/o getting more in depth..
Multi-link suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
isn't the rsx suspension considered "multi-link" in the back as well? also, our back suspension DOES go into the trunk. it's cool if you don't know, i just thought you might.
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #375 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA5VL View Post
don't know if this happens to you guys, but the inverted design is affecting how low i can go, in the fronts, the dampening adjuster knob is about to hit the axle dust boot, so i can't go any lower.
yeah i actually noticed this when i dropped my front the other day... it was getting pretty close... but i still have more than an inch between the axle, and my tires would rub before I got it that low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm2s View Post
i have a theory as to why there is clunking, and only on the right side of the car. for my car, the spring might be hitting the exhaust, which is on the right side. this could account for the clunking. not sure if anyone has stated this before. any way to fix this?
I thought it might have been this as well... and Ive tried to replicate this by kicking my exhaust around... and my exhaust is on there pretty tight... cant get it to come anywhere close to this... and i also inspected underneath the vehicle, and noticed by signs of contact between the spring and exhaust... there isnt really signs of contact anywhere... I am also having the knocking coming from both left and right side...
Old 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #376 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah i actually noticed this when i dropped my front the other day... it was getting pretty close... but i still have more than an inch between the axle, and my tires would rub before I got it that low...
I'm about 5mm lol.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #377 (permalink)

Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA5VL View Post
I'm about 5mm lol.
Wow, you must be slammed, I thought my front was low, and I have plenty of room, I'm actually about to raise my front up a little bit
Old 04-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #378 (permalink)

Clint Shifflett
yeah thats crazy... i figured i would start rubbing soon if i went too much lower, apparently not... post up some pics of your car so we can see how slammed it is haha
Old 04-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #379 (permalink)

Tyler
Quote:
yeah thats crazy... i figured i would start rubbing soon if i went too much lower, apparently not... post up some pics of your car so we can see how slammed it is haha
Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #380 (permalink)

have any of you used the recommended buddy club settings in the back with good results? i've tried 2 different settings, neither of which are the recommended ones, and it still sounds like the perchs are loose in the back. i'm wondering if i should change to the recommended setting. only reason i'm hesitant to is because of the stories of it being too harsh for daily driving.
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.