8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

100 octane on a 93 octane tune?

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  justin13031 
#1 ·
Ive been running my 100 octane tune but need to switch back to my regular 93 octane tune for drivability reasons.

I know you couldn't run your 100 octane tune with 93 in the tank but can you run the 93 tune with 100 in the tank?

I have about half a tank of 100 left and want to pop my 93 tune back in. is that ok? I assume its no problem but wanted to be sure ..

#3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Vit, running your tune btw :biggrin:

Need to switch back to the 93 tune as it is just more street friendly.
my 93 tune's afr was getting into the 12.5's last time I used it as it is getting
really cold around here so ill be hitting you up for a retune as soon as I get the tune swapped. Would it be a problem getting the afr's back into the high 11's sense there is 100 octane in the tank? I assume not bc it only needs fueling changes and not cam or ign changes but not positive :scratches:

#5 ·
:turbospin: Sweet!

No mod changes, just normal weather changes..

I will load up my 93 map and take a run asap :) Is it ok to do a wot pull for the log with the afr hitting a lil high like that? Last time I ran it I checked and there was no knock:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.