Krafttwerks Kit chat and discussion - Page 25 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #481 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ

snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sled View Post
Agreed, I have already maxed out the c30 unit, me going K24 would be minimal gains compared to having the larger c38 unit on the K20.

But then again since this isn't my daily anymore, I have already been looking into dropping my A/C and selling this kit and getting the c38 kit. Would be looking to see if I could push 550ish whp on the stock block(will probably get cams to help the flow).
If even you can squeeze 550 out of the stock block it probably wouldnt last long...unless you don't mean on pump gas

Sent from my EVO 3D with Tapatalk 2
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #482 (permalink)

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
If even you can squeeze 550 out of the stock block it probably wouldnt last long...unless you don't mean on pump gas

Sent from my EVO 3D with Tapatalk 2
I'd be on e85 the same as I am now. I'm not so much worried about the block holding the power because there are plenty of stock block 600+whp turbo cars, I'm more worried about being able to make that much with the setup, meaning I'd have to make sure theres a proper intercooler, piping diameter, flow so its not suffocating or restricting the bigger S/C unit, much more fueling that I will need(most likely need a return system), etc...

Last edited by the sled; 01-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.
the sled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #483 (permalink)

Joshua
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sled View Post
You don't need the K24 to get that, you'll just have even more traction issues.

I'm running 1100's that flow 1200, so yes this ^^^, at least I'd say, plus you'll need a pump.

Pump no issues walboro 255 should be fine, I am just nervous of the keeping the z3 block and oil pump failing which I heard has happen which is why I though f it go k24 but I was unaware of the clearance issues

I have a blown head gasket and the car has 128k think its time for a rebuild ?

Another reason no need for K24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicivic09 View Post
That is the beauty of the tts kit. They have the rotrex settled where the oem intake tube/air box would be and that shaft crossing over the intake manifold is not nearly as big as the KW intake tube. I think a k24 and tts kit will work.

What kit is this
Edit: where is your duty cycle at with all that craziness?

I could use the crv motor mount to help with clearance on the k24 block

Last edited by Macdillafb2011; 01-05-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Macdillafb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #484 (permalink)

Joshua
What about this new hondata traction control any news on this
Macdillafb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #485 (permalink)

Buy an aftercooler for my ct sc or part out my ct sc and buy the kraftwerks? Is the kraftwerks sc just as easy to install at the ct? nd what power would I be looking at with alpha header, q300 exhaust and I already have id1000 . Would I still be able to use my tl sh tb? I'm assuming I would be around the 370whp range?
mdSIman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #486 (permalink)

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdSIman View Post
Buy an aftercooler for my ct sc or part out my ct sc and buy the kraftwerks? Is the kraftwerks sc just as easy to install at the ct? nd what power would I be looking at with alpha header, q300 exhaust and I already have id1000 . Would I still be able to use my tl sh tb? I'm assuming I would be around the 370whp range?
Probably ~380whp. To use the tb you have to get a different elbow connection from kraftwerks but people have reported little to no gains with a bigger throttle body (with this kit) so going back to stock is an option too.

The only parts of the install for me that made it longer than it should have been for me were fitment issues with the kit itself or me being dumb, look through this thread to see all the issues (some may have been fixed by k/w since, no idea), mine were: their a/c line did not fit I had to bend it (not a huge deal but was annoying), the oil cooler mounting bolts were too short (they give you an alternative mounting option but i just went and got longer bolts), intake mounting bracket had strange/bad fitment, had to file down the tensioner (see mucter's solution). The little things added up and made it a long install though not a particularly hard one.

As for whether you should switch to k/w or go aftercooled, I never had CT but it sounds like more of a matter of personal preference based on whether you like having more torque down low, or more up top. I doubt you'll be disappointed either way, but FWIW I love my rotrex, it pulls hard to redline.
FA5Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #487 (permalink)
VIP Member

Bradley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdillafb2011 View Post
I could use the crv motor mount to help with clearance on the k24 block
You think the current KW c30 route wont run into clearance issues with k24?
sicivic09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #488 (permalink)

Justin
Alright so I am trying to work as much of this purchase/install out so I can minimize headaches. So I would smart to pick up:

1 KW Supercharger kit (no flashpro, already have it)
1 DW65c fuel pump
1 Header or Berk HFC
1 NGK 2668 plugs
1 Set of engine mounts* (or risk bludgeoning a header to death on my subframe)
1 Tune from Vit/Mucter/etc

But I am unclear about how to upgrade this oem Audi bypass valve, I have read this whoooole thing and its just not sinking in. Anything else I have missed?

got the easy button/lay terms anyone?
taffy09si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #489 (permalink)

As far as I know, the list you have above should be complete. Regarding the bypass valve, it's not necessary to replace it unless the one that comes with the kit is defective. I'm not sure if this is your question but the BPV is connected by a small hose between the cold side of the IC and the TB. To replace it you would simply loosen the hose clamps/hoses and put the new BPV on. Once you get the kit, you can easily see where it is.

Someone on here is using the Turbosmart BPV and another is using a Forge BPV. I actually purchased the Turbosmart one but haven't put it on yet as I need to read the instructions on how to adjust it properly first.
Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #490 (permalink)

Hey guys i have this kraftwerk rotrex kit with the injectors that come with it (Grams 1000cc) I was wondering if I wanted to run E85 will these injectors work? or do i need to buy different one? or fuel return?
-One of a kind K20- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #491 (permalink)

Also right now i have the skunk2 70mm exhaust is it worth paying $500 to upgrade to a 76mm exhaust?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #492 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ

snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by -One of a kind K20- View Post
Also right now i have the skunk2 70mm exhaust is it worth paying $500 to upgrade to a 76mm exhaust?
you won't see any good power gains from it if that's what your asking. Blowers don't care as much about the exhaust because they are forcing air in from the other side. You will just make your loud car even louder.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #493 (permalink)
there is no spoon

Quote:
Hey guys i have this kraftwerk rotrex kit with the injectors that come with it (Grams 1000cc) I was wondering if I wanted to run E85 will these injectors work? or do i need to buy different one? or fuel return?
no

Quote:
no
Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #494 (permalink)
there is no spoon

E85 will require 1300's or higher.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #495 (permalink)

Raj
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
you won't see any good power gains from it if that's what your asking. Blowers don't care as much about the exhaust because they are forcing air in from the other side. You will just make your loud car even louder.
So if I ditch my skunk 2 76mm exhaust and go greddy it won't really make a difference?
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #496 (permalink)
there is no spoon

Greddy what?

Most of the "standard" aftermarket exhausts for our car actually flow worse than the stock exhaust.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #497 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ

snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
So if I ditch my skunk 2 76mm exhaust and go greddy it won't really make a difference?
depends on the greddy if you go from a 76mm to a 60mm it may have an effect. Mucter can probably tell you better though. He is on the stock exhaust with a KW setup.

Last edited by snizzletoff; 01-16-2013 at 02:32 PM.
snizzletoff is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #498 (permalink)
there is no spoon

Well considering I was making roughly 380hp on E50 on the stock exhaust with a cat... yeah.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #499 (permalink)

Raj
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucter View Post
Greddy what?

Most of the "standard" aftermarket exhausts for our car actually flow worse than the stock exhaust.
Sorry for not clarifying. I believe it's the greddy RS? I just wanna go for the tilt looking exhaust but don't wanna sacrifice a lot of power or disturb any car flow since I've always read 3" is better you know.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #500 (permalink)

Ok sound good then i will look into some 1300's or higher. just curious tho my friend drives a srt-4 with almost a 50 trim on 24 psi of boost and he is running E85 on 1000's how does this work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.