JRSC chat and discussion - Page 6 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #101 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
thats not lean, thats rich lol. I read 14.6-15.1 cruising and at 8300 rpm wot I read 11.2
RGV-SI- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #102 (permalink)

Tony
hmm. I think i have some more reading to do.
ynotnamwen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 AM   #103 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
not a big deal man, its all about learning
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #104 (permalink)

Tony
Plugs still haven't come in so i didn't get to swap them out last night, but now i'm having another small issue. Its sputtering at low rpm 2500-3000 on low boost - 0-3psi. Since i didn't swap out the plugs i didn't reflash it with the original map, do you think that'll help fix it?

Last edited by ynotnamwen; 01-14-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #105 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
try it out!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

Steve
I take it that more people have gone with the CTSC as opposed to the JRSC just from what I've seen and read. The JRSC seems to have the best bang for the buck by far, so I'd like to know why.

The JRSC makes more power than the CT Stage 1 for less money, and makes about the same power as the CT Stage 2, at which point you still have a warranty with the JRSC but lose it on the CTSC. I understand a slight drawback may be in that you have to do a little grinding for the JRSC, yet for most who are going boosted that would seem a small issue.

For those of you that are running a 3" pulley, do you have any issues with running a little too hot?
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #107 (permalink)

Vin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
I take it that more people have gone with the CTSC as opposed to the JRSC just from what I've seen and read. The JRSC seems to have the best bang for the buck by far, so I'd like to know why.

The JRSC makes more power than the CT Stage 1 for less money, and makes about the same power as the CT Stage 2, at which point you still have a warranty with the JRSC but lose it on the CTSC. I understand a slight drawback may be in that you have to do a little grinding for the JRSC, yet for most who are going boosted that would seem a small issue.

For those of you that are running a 3" pulley, do you have any issues with running a little too hot?
Im not running to hot at all. I have yet to read from people who have gone with the JR kit and have a 3inch pulley that are running hot too. I dont boost tho if its 90 degrees out either. Im a little more careless about the temp. when I do. Try and boost either at night when its cooler out or when its more like 75 out.
06Honda06SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #108 (permalink)

man only thing thats keep me from get a JRSC is that grind thing cuz when i sell my car people will be like what happen there
vspecll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #109 (permalink)

Lyon
JRSC ftmfw. Had this kit on for almost 5k mile and i love it. Never gave me any problems. I would upgrade braking system tho cause this bad boy got lots of balls.
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by vspecll View Post
man only thing thats keep me from get a JRSC is that grind thing cuz when i sell my car people will be like what happen there
Its not bad at all, if you're already willing to put a supercharger on and force air into your engine with it, I seriously doubt a little grinding is going to keep you back. Plus the grinding is very minimal. And the great majority of the people wouldn't even notice it / not care.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #111 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
The only reason why our kit is cheaper than the ct one is because we don't have the carbon fiber piece. If I were to put my car back to stock and try to sell it, I guarantee that nobody would notice the part that was grinded down
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #112 (permalink)
Banned

Steve
Ok, I've done some more research, apparently the jrsc ups the power 78 hp while the ctsc with the 3.15'' pulley ups it to as much as 85 - 95 hp. I've also seen a ctsc with the 3.15'' pulley and full bolt-ons achieve 308 whp. My end goal is 300 whp. Is that possible with the jrsc assuming I add headers, exhaust, intake, tune, and engine pullies?

They only thing that keeps me from going turbo is cost and maintenance.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #113 (permalink)

Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
Ok, I've done some more research, apparently the jrsc ups the power 78 hp while the ctsc with the 3.15'' pulley ups it to as much as 85 - 95 hp. I've also seen a ctsc with the 3.15'' pulley and full bolt-ons achieve 308 whp. My end goal is 300 whp. Is that possible with the jrsc assuming I add headers, exhaust, intake, tune, and engine pullies?

They only thing that keeps me from going turbo is cost and maintenance.
I'm in the middle of doing all that now. I'm grabbing pulleys in the next few weeks and tunning a little while after that. I already have full bolt ons. A few weeks ago i saw a few ctsc's get dyno’ed and they weren't consistent at all. One stage one had full bolt ons and and hit 297. Another had the stage 2 w/ full bolt ons and only hit 265 (if i remember correctly he did have higher torque though?)
Old 01-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #114 (permalink)

There are so many variable that affect power output (the tune, the tuner, the dyno, etc., etc., etc...) that I would not try to categorize these things by "stages" or whatever.

I would go straight to a 3.0" blower pulley and add some methanol injection to cool it down, if need be.

Trust me: You will be happy with one of these "stage-1" or whetever kits for about a month. Then, the car won't feel so fast any more and you will crave more. Better to do it all at once and get it over with. JUst my opinion.
e78704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #115 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
Hey Erik what would you suggest I do for the Meth injection with that company you linked? Should I just go ahead and buy stage one or should I order the parts seperately, I not sure as to what i actually need
Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV-SI- View Post
Hey Erik what would you suggest I do for the Meth injection with that company you linked? Should I just go ahead and buy stage one or should I order the parts seperately, I not sure as to what i actually need
Club RSX Message Board - View Single Post - Water/Methanol Injection Supercharged Q/A

Call Rodney at AIS, tell him what you are doing, and he will get you the right nozzle size. That setup, above, looks like the best one out there.
e78704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #117 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
Alright I talked to him and he told me to just go with the stage 1, so thats what Ill get.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #118 (permalink)

Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV-SI- View Post
Alright I talked to him and he told me to just go with the stage 1, so thats what Ill get.
Does the meth/water injection do? does it just cool the charge air down, or does it burn similar to nitrous?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #119 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
Well it does two things the water helps cool the intake charge and the methanol boosts the octane rating and allows you to run more boost without detonation. Thats simply putting it, but if you want to read more into it there is a great thread in ClubRSX and multiple resources on the web

Last edited by RGV-SI-; 01-20-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #120 (permalink)

Tony
Is it something that you should be using if you're getting the 3" pulley - how much more boost are you looking at? up to 12 psi or so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
j/r blower no longer f/s, m62 on roidz, overspun bearings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.