8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

JRSC or CTSC?

3K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  DevilDoc87 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanna ask you boosted SC guys which you prefer and why. Who has the most problem free miles for their DD? Whats the worst problem you have encountered and the cost of fixing? i know mike has only had one problem with his in like 20k miles and cost like 3 bucks lol.. But I search even on google for comparisons and I can't find ****. Oh well. Lets see what you guys at 8th have to say about first hand experience! Thank guys and girls!
:dance:

Maybe a mod can edit the title to "First hand experiences with SCs" thanks.

#31 · (Edited)
I have the C/T and have had no problems with it,also the stage 2-3 kits ( I think ) you will not have to crush the fuel pressure regulator like on the stage one. No grinding of any think to get it to bolt on like the J/S,so I would go wi the stage 3 if I was you.
OBERT what makes you think that? I'm dreading having to crush my FPR, mainly cuz the smell of gasoline gets me sick.

I doubt this will be the case though...I'm almost sure you would have to crush the FPR for stage 2/3.

#3 ·
Just wanna ask you boosted SC guys which you prefer and why. Who has the most problem free miles for their DD? Whats the worst problem you have encountered and the cost of fixing? i know mike has only had one problem with his in like 20k miles and cost like 3 bucks lol.. But I search even on google for comparisons and I can't find ****. Oh well. Lets see what you guys at 8th have to say about first hand experience! Thank guys and girls!
:dance:
CTSC bolts right up, JRSC doesn't.

#4 ·
Yeah theres minor trimming you have to do, but im wondering from first hand experiences what people think. Before the lock? This is a sincere question, and I have read.. only found one decent thread a couples pages back about this.. but not too many answers im looking for.

#8 ·
Yeah thats something I have seen from my searching is most people here go with the CT and seem to want to upgrade. But for the price, and its the same SC almost, would it be better to just go with the JRSC instead of purchasing the CT then upgrading to get approx. the same if not maybe a little more hp, and not to mention losing the warranty..

#7 ·
To lock my thread would be ingorant. If its that much of a burden to type peoples first hand experiences, then why is there a forum anyways? Or if its a waste of time, then why are you here in the first place if there is something so much more important you need to be doing.. Sorry about being a little rude, but I dont see the point in a forum unless questions can be asked without being locked or flooded with single posts saying search. Oh well.

Anyways, would it be beneficial for someone in a hotter region below sea level to go ahead and go with an aftercooler, even though I have no intentions in trying to go beyond 300whp, or more boost then say 9psi.. I would be pretty contempt with what it comes with.

#11 ·
Thats why its not really a which one is better, its more a first hand experience thread. and a help in the overall set-up. But like I said, if its such an inconvenience.. you dont have to click my link.. unless your obligated to be an ass. Or you have genuine information to share.

#10 ·
And as for the setup goes, currently I have a greddy Ti-C catback on its way.. and I was thinking the obvious best choice would be the new S2 header.. any ideas about a TBS? And the intake is my biggest concern.. I hate bogging issues, so would it be best to go with a DIY or since its gonna be SCd bog wouldnt be an issue? Id rather not spend another 3xx bucks on something I could get just as beneficial for way less..

#12 ·
I have posted this probably 5 or 6 times now. Having watched both being installed the CTSC definitely was the easier of the two and has a nicer fit and finish. The grinding you have have to do on the JRSC is minimal and not that big of a deal, but it would have been nice if they would have engineered a different manifold that properly fit our engine bay, but that lack of additional engineering is what allows them to sell their kit at a lower price. The JRSC auto-tensioner is not nearly as of a design as the CTSC and the belt pattern on the CTSC is less likely to slip. On the same dyno the JRSC with the 3.2" pulley with I/H/E made 15whp more than my CTSC with a 3.6" pulley with I/H/E. In a few weeks I will compare my 3.15" CTSC to the same JRSC that now has a 3" pulley and aftercooler. The ability to add an aftercooler is by far the biggest positive with the JRSC, however similar results can be done with methanol injection. If it was me I'd wait until I see what's going on once the 3.15" guys start getting their cars dynoed.

#13 · (Edited)
JRC guys can upgrade to aftercooler
CT guys cant but eventually will

More power with SC slapped on? - JRC
Which company is backed by Honda? - CompTech USA

Reliability, Power, Daily Driven,---> Whatever you look for both are great products. CTE is CARB, JRC isn't. Plus we all know more stages will come our ways so who know's which one will out perform the other and which one will be better? Rotrex?<-- :D

If you don't live in CALI and want more power go with JRC.

#18 ·
i have a jrsc and the shavin is minor.. aslong as they send u the right instructions install is relatively easy.. only probs i had was i broke a belt but it hit a hose clip so thats why.. im happy with my decision and the inejen CAI and dcheaders and skunk 70mm exhaust helps alot as well

#20 · (Edited)
Argh not another one of these threads,,, ugh i guess ill bite

CT all the way, there gonna be making more whp in the end with jrsc only making 270 at ten psi and ct making more like 290 at ten psi..

and CT just plain looks better ....

Back to FI forums to find yet another new thread about the same exact thing...

its almost gotten to the point of being ridiculous like the Whats better short ram or cold air argument... the threads just keep poping up... ugh....:think::pat:

#22 ·
well you really didnt even erad then.. I didnt say which is better.. i wanted first hand experience and actualy current mileage without any major difficulties and etc.. So before you come bashing me about "another one of these threads" lets read a little first. And as I said, im not looking for the most power.. When u upgrade the CT you lose the warranty.. I like money, I dont wanna be out moer money because I wanted 20more hp and lose my warranty.. Im very content on my car bone stock, and I would be even more content and whatever boost I could get. But as of right now, I know someone selling a full greddy kit with a great tune he will give me for 2700 (talking on price to lower) and has a great installer that can do i for 600 or less. And willing to take payments... so really I might just be going turbo after all... We wills ee how it ends up tho.

#24 ·
Either supercharger would be a great choice. I personally love my jr kit, I got it b/c my older brother had it on his ep3 and I loved it ever since But the trimmer you have to do is very minor and people make it out to be such a huge project....its not. With the addition of an I RH and E you would put down right around the same whp and wtq as stage 2/3 for what c/t is offering. But like I said either one is a great choice....good luck

#26 ·
turbo kit is a great idea but be prepared to buy other things that go along with it so it will cost you more to get the kit up and running.
i personally do not like Emange or any piggy back currently available. i don't wanna keep tweaking with something and have hiccups to where the car won't run just like the day i bought it. hondata flashes have that advantage.
as soon as a full ems system is out turbos will lose there negative properties.. IE the piggy back.

still for my DD that i don't have to worry about at all i chose supercharger..
for 3900 if you already have bolt on's you can get 300whp from CT. and once you install it never even give it a second look.

greddy makes a really nice kit though so in all honestly you can't really go wrong with either set up.

#28 ·
turbo kit is a great idea but be prepared to buy other things that go along with it so it will cost you more to get the kit up and running.
i personally do not like Emange or any piggy back currently available. i don't wanna keep tweaking with something and have hiccups to where the car won't run just like the day i bought it. hondata flashes have that advantage.
as soon as a full ems system is out turbos will lose there negative properties.. IE the piggy back.

still for my DD that i don't have to worry about at all i chose supercharger..
for 3900 if you already have bolt on's you can get 300whp from CT. and once you install it never even give it a second look.

greddy makes a really nice kit though so in all honestly you can't really go wrong with either set up.

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

#27 ·
let me know what u think.. full greddy kit with everything all guages and (wideband uego, greddy profec b, a turbo timer, etc has 5.5k miles on the kit.. and he has a GREAT tune, running 25x+whp @ 5psi and he can have his friends shop install it for under 600.. in all it would be 3100 + my stock injectors after the installation.. He said he will also work with me on monthly payments for it! what do you guys think? Should I do this or go ahead with the planned super charge even though I really really wanted turbo in the first place.. think its a good deal?

#29 ·
aem eugo wideband
- GReddy's Profec B-Spec2
- Custom 3" T304 SS Catback (No Cat/Resonator)
Magnaflow 3in 3out Muffler (Straight Through)
Custom Dynotune by Z-Fever in Tampa, FL
-2.5'' downpipe
-T517Z 8cm2 turbo
-intercooler (painted black) with all the piping
-Emanage
-370cc injectors
-hks ssqv bov

#35 ·
you just answered your own question ;) they use rc 650cc's.

what i meant was with only 520cc modified injectors on the ct kits.. you need the higher fuel pressure to get enough fuel. with rc 650's on the jackson kit you don't need the fuel pressure cuz the injectors are huge.

ct should get slightly better mpg imo too.

#37 ·
because on stock fuel pressure 520cc's is not enough for 9psi.
650's is. you still get more fuel with a stock fpr and 520's but not enough.
the added fuel pressure along with the 520's = around the same as 650's.

only i assume ct went the direction of the 520's for ease of installation and keeping costs down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.