8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

ctsc install question

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  civicsifg2 
#1 ·
i have a question regarding the a/c when installing. in the instructions it says to empty system in order to add the spacer to the line. if i remember correctly, some members have NOT added this? i just wanted to get more insight in this matter and could not find it in a search.

#3 ·
for those that did this, do you remember about how much it cost? oddly enough my a/c seems to run sorta funny. when i am just idling it is only cool where as when i am driving it is cold but sometimes feels like it cycles between cool and cold.... wonder if flushing the system would help fix that?

#11 ·
just do like i did, unscrew it and pull the line and just let it release to the atm ( recommend not sittin there in the immediate area just as a health precaution). then i put the spacer in and refilled it with a $10-15 bottle of stuff from autozone. however ive looke at it many times and even if the spacer wasnt in there it looks like there wouldnt be any issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.