Alabama Roll call - Page 414 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > South

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #8261 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
welcome back
GETxERxDONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #8262 (permalink)

A-Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETxERxDONE View Post
welcome back
Ty....
FD2x334 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #8263 (permalink)

Dustin - FA Crew #482
Welcome back!

Hey Nick, any updates on a car?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
oh8Civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #8264 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
Not really. Woman from state farm is giving me the run around. Going to call her soon after I faxed her the list of stuff I had done to the car to see if her offer goes up from like 11.5k

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #8265 (permalink)

Keo
Just posting in case some of you guys haven't seen it yet.

habiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #8266 (permalink)

Dustin - FA Crew #482
Quote:
Not really. Woman from state farm is giving me the run around. Going to call her soon after I faxed her the list of stuff I had done to the car to see if her offer goes up from like 11.5k

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App
11.5 is what she offered? That's not too bad.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #8267 (permalink)

Dustin - FA Crew #482
Quote:
Originally Posted by habiPanda View Post
Just posting in case some of you guys haven't seen it yet.

Nice!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #8268 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh8Civic View Post
11.5 is what she offered? That's not too bad.

look around for 06 civics with 66k miles or less and see how much they are. (above 12k) plus the 9k i had in the car...doesnt quite add up.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #8269 (permalink)

Keo
Quote:
look around for 06 civics with 66k miles or less and see how much they are. (above 12k) plus the 9k i had in the car...doesnt quite add up.
Insurance companies can carless how much money we put into the cars. They only price what they think is resonable to them.
habiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #8270 (permalink)

Yeah, really if you expect to get money out of aftermarket stuff you need to have it specified on your policy. Like, 'I have $5000 wheels, if someone plows me and bends the wheels, i'd like them replaced' type stuff. But then you're looking at a higher premium. You should be able to show them that the car itself is selling for more than they are offering you, though.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
jeff c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #8271 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
its not my policy thats covering it though. so adding it to mine wouldnt have mattered
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #8272 (permalink)

Blake
Quote:
Originally Posted by habiPanda View Post
Insurance companies can carless how much money we put into the cars. They only price what they think is resonable to them.
I wouldn't necessarily consider that the case. When I totaled my 03 mustang gt back in July '11 I had many aftermarket parts in it. I was the only vehicle involved though. I spun around and smashed the back end of my car into a wall. Of course this is no help to the situation that we are talking about. Before my car was totaled out, my insurance company was completely unaware of the aftermarket parts I had invested into my car. Long story short, the body shop totaled up the damage including damaged aftermarket wheels, mufflers, midpipe, and aftermarket brakes. They were going to pay for all of those things to be replaced with brand new identical parts which in turn cost them much more than a stock car would.

Unfortunately, frame damage was found and my car was totaled out. All of the sudden the parts were no longer worth anything to my insurance company. The offer for my car was pretty awful.

I was able to remove aftermarket parts and replace them with the stock so I could sell the aftermarket parts off myself.

Nick, are there not any parts in your car that are possibly salvageable from the wreck that you can take out and replace with OEM parts?
Abysmal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #8273 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmal View Post
I wouldn't necessarily consider that the case. When I totaled my 03 mustang gt back in July '11 I had many aftermarket parts in it. I was the only vehicle involved though. I spun around and smashed the back end of my car into a wall. Of course this is no help to the situation that we are talking about. Before my car was totaled out, my insurance company was completely unaware of the aftermarket parts I had invested into my car. Long story short, the body shop totaled up the damage including damaged aftermarket wheels, mufflers, midpipe, and aftermarket brakes. They were going to pay for all of those things to be replaced with brand new identical parts which in turn cost them much more than a stock car swould.

Unfortunately, frame damage was found and my car was totaled out. All of the sudden the parts were no longer worth anything to my insurance company. The offer for my car was pretty awful.

I was able to remove aftermarket parts and replace them with the stock so I could sell the aftermarket parts off myself.

Nick, are there not any parts in your car that are possibly salvageable from the wreck that you can take out and replace with OEM parts?
the big items are destroyed headlights/foglights, HFP kit, HFP rims, and the suspension is worthless really, who wants to buy HFP suspension thats been used for like 30k miles
Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #8274 (permalink)

Blake
Haha that is a good point. I just wasn't sure if you had exhaust/header that possibly survived the wreck. Could probably get something for that if you owned such parts that is.

Edit: I feel your pain though as far as totaling your vehicle and losing money from investing in aftermarket parts and receiving a crap offer from insurance company.

Last edited by Abysmal; 01-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #8275 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
just did a search and there was someone that asked them to give them the car back instead of selling it to salvage as payback for the mods. little better deal for him since he had a turbo and stuff to take off. i dont even have a body panel thats salvageable. could get some for the black interior it had, but thats about it.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #8276 (permalink)

Blake
I just saw the pictures... yeah you're probably just better off taking the check lol. You'll do better than me. I only got 6.5k for my car totaled out.

I guess all that matters is that you're okay. That's what everyone was telling me when I totaled my car

Edit: Oh yeah someone help me figure this out.

So my FA5 has been dying, right? This first happened about 3 weeks ago. I went into Zaxby's to eat with a friend and 30 minutes later I walk out and my Si is dead. It makes that annoying clicking sound when you go to crank it. So I jump it off and take it down to O'Reillys. Have them test the battery and alternator real quick. They tell me both are fine. Of course I'm almost sure one is not. They told me both were fine on a previous vehicle and both ended up being bad. So as the days go on; each time I crank my car I notice it has a slight bit more trouble cranking. Eventually I leave work finding it dead about a week after the first time it died. So I jump it off and it is running again fine. I drop it off at my house and go on a trip for a few days to come back and find it dead as a doornail in the garage. So it appears the the battery slowly lost charge sitting in my garage.

Wtf? I am assuming it must be the alternator. But with it completely losing it's charge just sitting in the garage for days I am not sure. Electrical mods consist of aftermarket interior led bulbs, and hid conversion kit for low beams. But the hid's only draw 35w vs the stock 55w halogens. So I don't see any electrical mod pulling too much current off the battery sapping it dry while it is resting. What do you possibly think it could be? I am unable to take my car to a shop right now to have it tested due to debilitating surgery requiring me to not move so I can only sit here and ponder on what is wrong with it. I am just curious to see what ya'll would think it might be....

Oh yeah and O'reillys tried telling me it was my starter that was bad. I don't see how that could be the problem.

Last edited by Abysmal; 01-07-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #8277 (permalink)

I've bought cars back and parted them out, its pretty much a break even scenario, unless you have something rare and/or sought after. Like a crunched up 00 type r with a good engine, for example.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
jeff c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #8278 (permalink)

Ed
Absymal, mine and several other people's positive battery cable became corroded on the inside. This is extremely annoying because you may spend money on a battery or worse an alternator. All along it's just your cables. Take them off clean them and the battery with terminal spray. You can pick up the spray at any auto parts store. Also check that the clamp on the battery post is tight.

Hope this is the fix.

-The Ed
mbe421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #8279 (permalink)

Jake
Ed is so smart lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Dark09 V2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #8280 (permalink)

Blake
I wish I had known that before I let my battery sit with no charge for 3 weeks lol. Probably going to have to buy a new battery anyways but i'll be sure to do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.