8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

My Si is a virgin no more. 14.969 (with 5 videos =D )

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Tastycakes 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally went to the track. Was expecting better times. First couple of runs tires were stock then had to ask around for a tire pressure gauge. Dropped em down to 26 PSI. The guy i borrowed it from had a RSX-s running 14.8's, i think he had a muffler. After that i started launching higher, 4k 5k, then the rev limiter. Got closer to 14's then finally broke it on the last run of the night. :dancing:

Edit: Media removed

#5 ·
No i just dropped it on the last one. I was desperate lol i wanted 14's dammit (even tho it didnt' help my 60 foots lol). The first couple of runs i wasn't paying attention on my shifts. Then i started to really slam it as fast as i could.

I really need to learn how to launch again. I used to race all the time back in the day :(. I think if i could bring the 60' down to 2.3 i would be hittin 14.7-8s maybe.

#9 · (Edited)
I was there last night too. Was too hot and i kept running 15.0-15.1s on times i didn't miss second, Launching from 2500 RPM cuz of Bad Hooking at higher rpm. I did manage to run 14.997 I left about 7:30 PM Cuz i had to get home before dark for other obligations.

Ran on 18 PSi in the front, 32 in the back.

#10 ·
Wow, that audio about gave me a seizure!!! :SHOCKED:
I saw the warning, but damn! :biggrin:

Those were pretty good runs. Practice Practice Practice. Looks like you are well on your way to having consistent 14's. That 15.04 run vid gives us a good example of how a vette will walk all over our cars! :vtec:

#13 ·
Yea the ETD works great. Even launching at 5k RPM i got little wheel hop. Its like a little damper or shock on the engine that limits how fast the enigne can move back and forth in the engine bay (wheel hop)

My mods are flowmaster muffler and ingalls ETD.

And that Z06 vette musta been a hardcore street racer :vtec: . He wouldn't even tell me what he was running. I asked em what he's running and he asks me where i'm from LOL. I say schaumburg and he says 12.9 :pat: . A Z06 w/ slicks could run a 12.9 launching in 3rd gear.

Yea thats funny slow_si. You left at 730 i got there at like 830. :iorun:

#15 ·
I don't understand how some of you launch off of the limiter. I can see if you had drag radials but other then that, that is way to much spin out the hole. the ideal launching point for si's on street performance tires is 3500-3800 rpms, otherwise wheel hop and spin will own.

#19 ·
I think you have your 15.04 run video mixed up. I first started to question it because according to your slip that vette ran a 14.xx. lol

Then I realized that in the vid you are in the right lane and your 15.04 slip says you are in the left. Oops.

Great runs none-the-less!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.