8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Dcrh

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Kenny311 
#1 ·
So im gettin ready to purchase a dc sports race header and i just want to see if this is really the way to go and generally how much hp do you get out of this all i have at this point is injen sri and apexi cat back on an 07 si sedan :thumb:

#2 ·
yeaa i have a dcrh and i love it...its deff the best for price, and its prob around 12ish hp. but i think u would be impressed bc i was :) And the main reason ppl ever talked **** ab them is bc the weld cracked on the flex pipe but mines been fine and i thnik they have fixed that lil issue. but if it did crack then an exhaust shop could fix that easy.

#5 ·
I was thinking Buddy Club but that thing is twice the price. The Vibrant RH will be out in June and I am waiting to see how much they will cost.
They will also have the option on RH without Cat and RH with Highflow cat.
No prices have been released yet but it should be less than the Buddy Club but more than the DC.

#6 ·
i just put my dc race header on last week, and absolutely love it. i had a custom flex pipe welded in so its more secure then what it came with. you will definetly notice a nice gain in hp, as well as a nice gassy smell inside/outside your car. ive been thinking about getting a high flow cat welded in to my mid pipe, but i may just wait for the vibrant header with high flow cat instead.

#20 ·
Excelerate said:
If you need a DC RH let me know. $355 shipped. We can overnight it too for only $20 more, as long as we have it in stock.

pm'd

#24 · (Edited)
they are. when the first generation DCRH came out there were far fewer options for race headers on the market.

the kidd racing, t1r, nvidia headers are all more expensive than the DC definitely, but not by much! they are cheaper than the vibrant RH which is the same design as the DC. why buy a header with an inferior design nowadays when we have learned it doesn't flow the best?

the 3 headers i mentioned all have a much better "skunk2" like design, and have no issues with cracking or flexing.

if you think im just hating on DC, i currently am running a Strup header (same design as DC) and am willing to admit this.

if you think you are getting any mod beyond IHE you will make more power with a better header. Cams, tune, F/I, etc. will benefit greatly from a better header.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.