8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

8CCD-IV Chat

101K views 3K replies 81 participants last post by  Papabear 
#1 ·
:eek:hsnap:

#228 ·
GETxERxDONE,
I'll be watching the meet info develop, figuring out if I'll get an Si/Mazdaspeed3/WRX by then. I'm pretty sure you all don't want an accessorized Ridgeline there. It's peppy and handles very well for a truck :vtec: :woot: :laughing: ... it does make for a great Dragon-recovery vehicle :SHOCKED:

I'm in Danbury, CT. Approx. 13.5 hr drive (826 miles) from Deal's Gap.

What have I been up to? I only have a '08 Ridgeline now. Since my Civic, which I sold. I traded my '06 Ridgeline for a '08 Accord EX-L V6, which was a piece of crap and I'm off Accords FOREVER. I traded that in on a '08 Ridgeline.

But can't do this in a Civic/Accord: YouTube - Honda Ridgeline enjoying snow & YouTube - Honda Ridgeline enjoying snow 2

#234 ·
how do you drink that stuff man? I can't stand the taste of it here's my top five in no particular order

Yuengling, High Life/High Life Light, Heineken/Heineken Light, Miller Lite, Fat Tire(we just picked this one up and man is it awesome) bit of a weird after taste though.

sorry had to add one more to make it top six Miller Genuine Draft/ MGD 64

#253 ·
I'm at Fontana Village now. I talked to Tim, the director of operations, today and I think all is going to be well for once again having a great meet. Tim took time to speak with me and even took for a drive around the village in his Jaguar. (He said he misses his Acura.)

Here's what I know:
  • I am moving the deadline for the registration fee to 30 days out from the meet because I need to give Fontana a few weeks for them to order food for our event.
  • I am going to ditch the Fun Factory on Thursday. We were going to leave for the Fun Factory at 10 a.m. on Thursday morning and there will probably only be a few of us here. Plus, we will be driving to a place 1-1/2 hrs away (albeit on some good roads) just to play putt putt, ride go-karts, and whatever else is there. They have frisbee golf, putt putt, game room, bar, and some great places just to chill here at Fontana. People can go driving the roads if they want also.
  • I'm also canceling rafting. Only 1/3 of the attendees participated in it last year. Many people want to play kickball so we'll schedule a kickball game Friday afternoon. People who still want to go rafting can plan their own trip. Again, driving the area roads will be an option.
  • Saturday probably won't change much.
  • The extra time we'll have in the area reopens the possibility for an exhaust shoot. We will be very close to the location of last year's shoot.
  • They have a lodge area which is much larger than the lodge at Tapoco and has some good places for us to hang out. We are going to get 40 rooms blocked off for us at a reduced rate. These rooms will be available for the reduced rate until 60 days prior to the meet.
  • If anyone wants to get together and rent one of the cabins here, then you have that option but it will not be at the reduced rate.

I update you if I think of anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.