8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

What are you interested in doing on Thursday at the Dragon? (multiple choice poll)

Ideas for 8CCD-IV

11K views 182 replies 26 participants last post by  07LX 
#1 ·
I'm considering opening up the schedule a bit next year. I'm sure the meet will grow even larger next year so keeping everyone together will become more difficult.

Here's what I know:
  • We will still be rafting on the Nantahala on Friday. I wanted to try the Ocoee in southeastern TN but the dam only relases on weekends in Sept. and I don't want to do rafting on Saturday.
  • Saturday will probably remain about the same minus the exhaust shoot. In my opinion, this is the day that brings everyone together.
  • We will have pool and ping-pong tournaments. (Sorry, beer pong tournaments will not be officially sanctioned but you are welcome to start your own;)) I might do the ping-pong tournament on Friday night and the pool tournament on Saturday night.

Thursday is the big question mark for next year. I'm not sure if I would rather it be more of a free day or schedule an activity. I've come up with a list of possible Thursday activities and would like to see if anyone is interested:
  • We could ride Smoky Mountain Jet Boats again. I think it was fun to do once but some people may not have gotten to ride them and might be interested. Also, maybe those who rode this year may feel it is worth it to do it again.
  • The Biltmore House is in Asheville, NC. Biltmore is about a 2-2-1/2 drive from Tapoco and may be a little too pricy for some people. 2008 rates are $42 for online tickets and $47 at the gate. However, it's an all-day experience with the house itself, gardens, and winery. One possibility would be to stay in Asheville on Wed. night so we don't have to make a 4+ hour round trip.
  • The Fun Factory in Franklin, NC is about a 1-1/2 drive from Tapoco with some nice roads on the way that we haven't driven in any of the previous meets. They have games, mini golf, go-carts, laser tag, and bowling.
  • If anyone is into hiking, we can hike the easy 2-mile loop in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest which is about a 20 minute drive from Tapoco. I took some pics from there in August: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/past-dragon-meets/113655-pics-joyce-kilmer-memorial-forest.html
  • We could possibly meet at some point on the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive to Tapoco. This could also include a stay on Wednesday at another location.
  • The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad is about a 4-1/2 hr train ride through some great scenic locations in the area. 2008 rates are $49 per person.

See less See more
#5 ·
We can just start on Monday and do them all:laughing:

I might still do the exhaust shoot. This year's location worked out well. I'll have to figure out where to squeeze it in. I know some people didn't like having to get up early on Saturday to do it. We have a lot of the different exhausts covered but we'll see.

#6 ·
its not really the problem in picking one thing or the other its trying to accommodate it so everyone can do something. personal opinion i think you should have like a set of groups that way the person can choose what route they wanna take. like you could have a red group who wants to do adventure things such as the jet boat ride. a green team which could be dedicated more towards scenery and hiking. and then like a yellow team where people can just sorta do there own thing and just have a free day.

#7 ·
Jeremy, we sort of had the same thing this year with the rafting. Not everyone was interested so the rest of the people did their own thing. Maybe I can just set up the opportunities to do different things. The thing about a lot of group activities, you need to have a good idea of how many you are going to have to get group rates and to let the people you're dealing with know how many to expect.

#8 ·
and thats why your good at what you do for group meets cuz you start planning things way ahead of in advance. if you like the idea what you could do is outta the poll up there you can take the top 2 and start making up the list who wants to do wich and then for the rest they can just sorta do there own thing and have a free day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.