8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

People with experience with BE rear sway and Progress Rear sway

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Team Midnight 
#1 ·
Is there a huge difference performance wise between the two, I understand it is a couple mm difference, not sure if the progress bar is hollow.

Anyone experience driving with each?

Also, with the BE, do you need new endlinks like the progress?

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
To me ... and since i track my car often and intensively ... a 1mm difference in an important bar like the rear swaybar makes a world's difference. The way i look at it is like this : a bar that is 1mm thicker and more rigid/stronger vs. 1mm thinner and less rigid/weaker.

In terms of performance, u probably will not notice the difference (especially on the streets). But even if u do, that's when u push ur car to the very limits at the track. And since I only own the Progress bar, I cannot tell u the difference between the 2 and how much they differ in performance. And what I just said above is just my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt heh. ;)

#5 ·
i completeley agree with your explaination, i also have the progress bar i used to be a track whore as well and i noticed with the stock too much under steer then when i added the progress bar it was just perfect for when its crunch time and you really need to make a 90 degree turn at like 100kmh

#6 · (Edited)
I had the progress. I found it to be too aggressive for autox use. I had several instructors including a national level champion drive it before and after I removed it and they thought the RSB made the car oversteer too much for the addition of a rear sway and it was extremely sensitive to throttle lifting at the limit. Held me back for the entire course except for the little sweeper.

The car rotates pretty well stock. Personally if I were to try one out I would get the BE which I think is thinner and thus more flexible.

If minimizing body roll is your primary goal a RSB is not the way to go. It will reduce body roll as a side effect but it's not really the proper way to do it. For that you'll probably want to look into a different suspension.

I should also note this was with a stock suspension and stock alignment at the time, though even with my current alignment I'd imagine the same would apply for me. For someone like ragex who has a more modified suspension the RSB might complement it better, but I can't speak for that with authority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.