Wisconsin Owners - Page 209 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > Mid-West

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #4161 (permalink)

Willis
Quote:
Originally Posted by streettuned View Post
My Project this winter.

Attachment 55546
and you live in Appleton? how long have you had that car? i've never seen a white Si in town. have you been to Wings and Wheels?
Milkhouseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #4162 (permalink)

JJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by streettuned View Post
My Project this winter.

Attachment 55546
Are you doing the install then?

Build thread?
SiLkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #4163 (permalink)

JJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kserious View Post
Anyone have HFP muffler? I want to hear it before I get rid of my ws2.
Go for the Full-Race 3" best sounding exhaust for 8th gen
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #4164 (permalink)

Brad
So yesterday I drove from my house to the highway, about 3 miles at 40mph, then highway to the next exit, 3 miles at 70mph. Temp gauge got up to 4 bars and once I got off I was going about 40mph for about 300 feet and my temp went down to 3 bars. After another mile it dropped to 2, heat on full blast the whole time. Got back on the highway for a couple more miles, bars went up to 5. Got off and it went back down to 3 at about 45 mph, heat still on full blast. It was about 0 degrees last night. Anyone else have this issue with an R18?
R18LX-S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #4165 (permalink)

Chris
Wisconsin Owners

Battery died, had to jump it with my boat battery.
Went and got a yellow top, FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cdub414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #4166 (permalink)

Chris
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by HofstetmSi View Post
Hey everyone! I didn't realize there was a Wisco section until recently.

Anyway, I've got a black FA5, and I'm located on the west side of Milwaukee/east side of Wauwatosa.

Pretty fired up too - I've just ordered new Koni's and Neuspeed Race springs!
Koni yellows? Great choice I love mine, I had them paired with ground control coils but they were garbage. I ended up going back to my sportlines. The install wasn't that bad, sounds worse than it actually is.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #4167 (permalink)

Mitch
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub414 View Post
Koni yellows? Great choice I love mine, I had them paired with ground control coils but they were garbage. I ended up going back to my sportlines. The install wasn't that bad, sounds worse than it actually is.

Definitely. I'm still undecided whether I'm going to install them myself... thinking about it though. I also bought Buddy Club extended ball joints and camber kit, which I'm not sure I want to mess with.
HofstetmSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #4168 (permalink)

Chris
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
Definitely. I'm still undecided whether I'm going to install them myself... thinking about it though. I also bought Buddy Club extended ball joints and camber kit, which I'm not sure I want to mess with.
I have a front and rear camber kit but I never ended up having to camber anything, my tires show no uneven wear. Of course when I had the coils on I ran it lower and that's when I would camber just so my wheels didn't rub. I bought a used pair of stock struts and mounted the konis in them and just swapped them out. It was really easy, used a dremmel to cut everything.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #4169 (permalink)

Mitch
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
I have a front and rear camber kit but I never ended up having to camber anything, my tires show no uneven wear. Of course when I had the coils on I ran it lower and that's when I would camber just so my wheels didn't rub. I bought a used pair of stock struts and mounted the konis in them and just swapped them out. It was really easy, used a dremmel to cut everything.

Awesome. How low are you sitting now? I'm about to drop 2", hopefully I won't be rubbing anywhere.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #4170 (permalink)

Chris
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
Awesome. How low are you sitting now? I'm about to drop 2", hopefully I won't be rubbing anywhere.
I was as low as the ground controls would let me, I also have 18x8.5 rims so I did rub quite a bit. Since I went back to the sportlines I think I'm dropped 1.75 inches I'm not sure but I don't rub. I also have eibach sway bars front and rear with the konis it makes for fun comers.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #4171 (permalink)

Mitch
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
I was as low as the ground controls would let me, I also have 18x8.5 rims so I did rub quite a bit. Since I went back to the sportlines I think I'm dropped 1.75 inches I'm not sure but I don't rub. I also have eibach sway bars front and rear with the konis it makes for fun comers.

I'm thinking about sway bars too. But as this is my DD I didn't want the ride too harsh, especially with the horrible Milwaukee roads.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #4172 (permalink)

Mitch
Wisconsin Owners

Question for you all. Today I ended up seeing an early 2000's BMW 3 series with what looked like blue painters tape on the front bumper, partial hood, as well as both side mirrors. Anyone ever think to do this to your DD? Looked terrible (as it was a white car) but to avoid salt/rocks/winter debris from chipping my paint I might consider. Of course, something like a leather front mask might do the trick too. Thoughts?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #4173 (permalink)

Jose
Quote:
Question for you all. Today I ended up seeing an early 2000's BMW 3 series with what looked like blue painters tape on the front bumper, partial hood, as well as both side mirrors. Anyone ever think to do this to your DD? Looked terrible (as it was a white car) but to avoid salt/rocks/winter debris from chipping my paint I might consider. Of course, something like a leather front mask might do the trick too. Thoughts?
They do sell clear vinyl wrap you know. I would get that instead of the tape. At least for the bumper, hood, mirrors and maybe fenders.
kseries2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #4174 (permalink)

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseries2.0 View Post
They do sell clear vinyl wrap you know. I would get that instead of the tape. At least for the bumper, hood, mirrors and maybe fenders.
Pretty common to get a 3M clear wrap for higher end cars nowadays. It helps a lot.
Teufel657 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #4175 (permalink)

Brad
X3, I think amazon sells it the cheapest. Search clearbra. Im thinkin of putting some on this summer.
R18LX-S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #4176 (permalink)

Mitch
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by R18LX-S View Post
X3, I think amazon sells it the cheapest. Search clearbra. Im thinkin of putting some on this summer.
How difficult is it to take on and off? It'd be nice for the winter, and maybe not for the summer. Especially if you can tell the difference between the clear wrap and the actual paint.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #4177 (permalink)

Dan
Quote:
How difficult is it to take on and off? It'd be nice for the winter, and maybe not for the summer. Especially if you can tell the difference between the clear wrap and the actual paint.
If it's done right and do full body panels and end on panel gaps, you won't notice the difference between it being onand off.
Teufel657 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #4178 (permalink)

John
Hello fellow Wisconsinites. I just joined but have been watching for a year. I live in West Allis. Can't wait for spring so I can spend more time working on the car. I'm sure I'm gonna hear about the stripes on it, but that's what I like, it's different.

Last edited by Oldguy; 02-23-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Oldguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #4179 (permalink)

Chris
Wisconsin Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Hello fellow Wisconsinites. I just joined but have been watching for a year. I live in West Allis. Can't wait for spring so I can spend more time working on the car. I'm sure I'm gonna hear about the stripes on it, but that's what I like, it's different.
Welcome, I won't say anything about the stripes I promise... But what did you do to those hub caps?? I can honestly say I've never see that before very different. Surprised I've never seen your ride, I lived in west allis for two years.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #4180 (permalink)

JJ
Quote:
Welcome, I won't say anything about the stripes I promise... But what did you do to those hub caps?? I can honestly say I've never see that before very different. Surprised I've never seen your ride, I lived in west allis for two years.

...different indeed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.