8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

North Dakota???

21K views 293 replies 19 participants last post by  xs7v3n 
#1 ·
Military guy here in Minot, ND. Wondering if there is anyone else up here or somewhere in the area that wants to help me put something together. Post here or pm me. Hopefully this works out. Just for some info, I got a 07 SI sedan, with a few mods. Got to add some pics on my profile. Talk to you guys soon.

#251 ·
Im on stock 07 Civic Si, im not trying to slam my car. I'm gonna be getting some MB Battles soon, with either Raceland or Godspeed coilover, SPC front camber bolts and Godspeed rear camber kit. My setup on wheels will be 17x9 215/40/17 +30. Do u think a 2" drop for daily driving on spring/summer will hurt the car since we have terrible roads in North Dakota? The good thing about having coilovers is that ill have the function to adjust according to the season.

#271 ·
been awhile since i checked in over here.. little update on my end: decided to finally get down to MN and get the car tuned. Got to DB Performance today with no problems, got the car on the dyno, and after 3 pulls the clutch was slipping bad for the first time ever. talk about ****ty timing. cant get the car home, so now i have to have the clutch replaced here. rough day haha.

#277 ·
Hey spring_spring, what would you recommend for a new clutch. I'm not going on track or rally. Daily driving, about an hour drive everyday.

Here's a list of things im planning to get:
EM1 CMC
Short Shifter Adapter
GS mono rs coilovers/rear camber kit
SPC front camber bolts
Flashpro

Any suggestion where to start and addition to my list?

#278 ·
Hey spring_spring, what would you recommend for a new clutch. I'm not going on track or rally. Daily driving, about an hour drive everyday.

Here's a list of things im planning to get:

EM1 CMC

Short Shifter Adapter

GS mono rs coilovers/rear camber kit

SPC front camber bolts

Flashpro

Any suggestion where to start and addition to my list?

Well ksexton has an exedy stage 1 BNIB I'm sure he would sell for pretty cheap. I have the stage 2 clutch with light flywheel and love it. I'm sure the stage 1 would do you just fine. Btw your gonna love the em1 CMC, such smooth shifts.

I think you have a good list so far. Where exactly do you want to go with your car. I.e N/A, forced induction, aesthetics????

#289 · (Edited)
Guys, I just encountered a new issue. I've search on the forum about it and found only two conclusion but I wanted to know if anyone else think different.

Ok so, couple weeks ago after I got back from leave, I took my car a lil cruise, redlinin from 1st to 6th, slow shifting but gears engages smoothly. Then my friend drove it couple of days after that and now I'm having a problem shifting to 2nd gear on high rpm/redline but that's not even the worst part... Today, redlining from 1st to 6th won't engage in gear at all unless I wait a little longer or push the clutch twice or more. Please someone help me!

#290 ·
This might also be the problem.

Dropped the tranny to find that one of the bolts of the pressure plate was about half way off O_O..

Flywheel was badly burnt, disc was worn unevenly, and pressure plate was also badly burned.. Release bearing was shot also..

Since I need the car running ASAP, I got the flywheel resurfaced, bought a OEM pressure plate ( thank god for working at Honda, discounts! ) and reused my disc (stage 2 competition clutch) and reused the release bearing since they had it NOWHERE -_-..

Put everything back together, just tested, car is running GREAT, shifts ever so smooth at every rpm..

SO yeah, loose PP bolt caused all of my problems!

Thanks for everything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.