# Springfield, MO Thread # - Page 6 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > Mid-West

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Glen_PxC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 1,842
Glen - R18 Crew Member #2
Member's list added Doug I creeped your photobucket and got the banner, but photobucket sucks so you should email me a higher quality version.
Glen_PxC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
katsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 190
Matt
Post your painted stocks
2 of them have the stock rims like i want, either of the 2 black SI, 2 or 4 door on the page have them. One has the red honda logo on the wheel which i think looks good.
katsuz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
metalmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MW
Posts: 846
Matt
Woot!

I feel special! Members list FTW!

On a side note, I hit vtec in 5th today. Don't tell anyone, including the police.
metalmatt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Begz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Springfield MO
Age: 22
Posts: 37
Zach
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuz View Post
Post your painted stocks
2 of them have the stock rims like i want, either of the 2 black SI, 2 or 4 door on the page have them. One has the red honda logo on the wheel which i think looks good.
The combination of the red H and red ring looks a lot better than one or the other imo
Begz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
katsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 190
Matt
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...%20SI/1011.jpg has the painted rims plus the honda symbols
katsuz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 943
Doug
You know what I really like. Some people may call this ricey/stupid but I really like lime green rims on black cars.
Dougxdrums is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
katsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 190
Matt
I would call it ricey lol, but other peoples opinions do not matter, go with what you want.
katsuz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Glen_PxC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 1,842
Glen - R18 Crew Member #2
# Springfield, MO Thread #

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuz View Post
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...%20SI/1011.jpg has the painted rims plus the honda symbols
Go for it dude, looks good IMO. Been thinking about painting mine white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougxdrums View Post
You know what I really like. Some people may call this ricey/stupid but I really like lime green rims on black cars.
I like shinny purple rims
Glen_PxC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #109 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
katsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 190
Matt
Update! my fuel return should arrive wednesday

Oh and btw we should try to get another meet together like Wednesday if your guys are free. or start finding a set time everyone is free.
katsuz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RReuphoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 980
Donny
Oh my crap! I haven't signed onto this site in almost a year. LOL

When I had my two 8th gen civics, the only person on here was slostjoe from my area. This is INSANE to me!

Anyways, I'm getting ready to trade in my 2009 Rio Yellow S2000 CR. I hate it with a passion, and I miss my Si like no other. This time instead of FG2 I'm going to do an FA5. Maybe blue... I loved slostjoe's car... I miss it too!
RReuphoria is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #111 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 943
Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by RReuphoria View Post
Oh my crap! I haven't signed onto this site in almost a year. LOL

When I had my two 8th gen civics, the only person on here was slostjoe from my area. This is INSANE to me!

Anyways, I'm getting ready to trade in my 2009 Rio Yellow S2000 CR. I hate it with a passion, and I miss my Si like no other. This time instead of FG2 I'm going to do an FA5. Maybe blue... I loved slostjoe's car... I miss it too!
Welcome back! Sad to hear you're trading in your S2K, I love those cars. Glad to hear you're getting an FA5 though.
Dougxdrums is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RReuphoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 980
Donny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougxdrums View Post
Welcome back! Sad to hear you're trading in your S2K, I love those cars. Glad to hear you're getting an FA5 though.
Yeah, I like it more than any car I've ever owned....at the track. Other than that, it's just cool to get looks in. Going through a drive through, in bad weather, going to the store to get stuff, and pretty much anything else sucks. I'll miss it, that is for sure. I thought about getting a 2011 WRX Limited as they have an incentive lease, however, I like to own.

I think the FA5 will be a great daily. When I get my new "track" car, it will be just that...a dedicated track car.
RReuphoria is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
katsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 190
Matt
Re: # Springfield, MO Thread #

Losing my car today so it can get my fuel return installed and tuned again. Can't wait. Also probably getting some visual mods.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
katsuz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #114 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Glen_PxC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 1,842
Glen - R18 Crew Member #2
# Springfield, MO Thread #

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuz View Post
Losing my car today so it can get my fuel return installed and tuned again. Can't wait. Also probably getting some visual mods.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Good stuff. You really should check in to getting your vtec lowered to 4800 or so. What visual mods you thinking?

Just spent the past 2 hours putting on my SRI. That thing is a pain in the ass to install. Thanks for the help doug!
Glen_PxC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 943
Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen_PxC View Post
Good stuff. You really should check in to getting your vtec lowered to 4800 or so. What visual mods you thinking?

Just spent the past 2 hours putting on my SRI. That thing is a pain in the ass to install. Thanks for the help doug!
At least it wasn't 20 degrees outside, 40 is the perfect temperature to be standing outside for hours. Here's the gem we found after we installed the SRI. It's a video, so click it.
Dougxdrums is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #116 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Glen_PxC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 1,842
Glen - R18 Crew Member #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougxdrums View Post
At least it wasn't 20 degrees outside, 40 is the perfect temperature to be standing outside for hours. Here's the gem we found after we installed the SRI. It's a video, so click it.
image
First gear redline FTW lol
Glen_PxC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
katsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 190
Matt
Re: # Springfield, MO Thread #

Red badge everything lol, and the rims powder coated.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
katsuz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
metalmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MW
Posts: 846
Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougxdrums View Post
At least it wasn't 20 degrees outside, 40 is the perfect temperature to be standing outside for hours. Here's the gem we found after we installed the SRI. It's a video, so click it.
image
haha, you left the rice to get behind more rice. Okay, I'd take a tC over a saturn any day, but still.. Si >>>> tC

Thanks to Matt, I'll be installing my SRI here soon too. Can't wait! First mod, ever. Gotta wait for the parts kit to come in from K&N tuesday.

What SRI did you go with?

EDIT: I just looked at the instructions for the R18 SRI from K&N, and wow... you guys have it rough.. the Si is basically a few coolant hoses, a few screws, and a hose clamp or two. haha.

Last edited by metalmatt; 11-19-2010 at 01:10 AM.
metalmatt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #119 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Glen_PxC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 1,842
Glen - R18 Crew Member #2
# Springfield, MO Thread #

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmatt View Post
haha, you left the rice to get behind more rice. Okay, I'd take a tC over a saturn any day, but still.. Si >>>> tC

Thanks to Matt, I'll be installing my SRI here soon too. Can't wait! First mod, ever. Gotta wait for the parts kit to come in from K&N tuesday.

What SRI did you go with?

EDIT: I just looked at the instructions for the R18 SRI from K&N, and wow... you guys have it rough.. the Si is basically a few coolant hoses, a few screws, and a hose clamp or two. haha.
I got the weapon r SRI. Got it for $90 shipped from another member, not bad for a $200+ intake. Yeah on the Si everything is right in front, but on the R18 it's all on the back of the engine. I thought an intake would free up room but the thing is pressed right against my battery. Sounds good though. I'm enjoying those 3hp it gave me.
Glen_PxC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Glen_PxC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 1,842
Glen - R18 Crew Member #2
# Springfield, MO Thread #



Glen_PxC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
was up from springfield, MO HABRED8TH Introduction & Pictures 28 01-29-2012 03:10 AM
self car wash in springfield cderalow Mid-Atlantic 3 08-14-2009 05:39 PM
New 2008 Si Springfield, VA 2low2tow_Si Mid-Atlantic 11 03-11-2009 07:31 PM
Springfield, Missouri (SW MO, NW AR) RReuphoria Mid-West 3 03-26-2008 11:11 PM
Springfield IL anyone?? quicksi90 Mid-West 0 06-01-2007 01:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved