MN Chat Thread.... - Page 17 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > Mid-West

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #321 (permalink)

Tom - FG Crew #77
then why is moe being permitted to talk about being stupid and reckless and people who don't condone it and think it is stupid, they are the ones being censored? CLARIFY!!!!!
ThePiper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 01:51 AM   #322 (permalink)

Scott
My god, it seems this thread is doomed. Tom, your an idiot. How the hell do you think he is endangering anyone in a private parking lot? Jesus, that's where I learned to drive when I was 12. My dad taught me in a private lot. Why do you feel people are in danger in an empty parking lot? And as far as you Mike, Thanks for reporting my post as a bad post, and getting me cencored again. Me and Tom have fun with each other....we don't hate. chill out bro. We're just havin some fun. It's people like you that get this thread locked Mike. Thought you'd want to know.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #323 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Name: Mike
Really? People like me that get it locked? Ask any moderator on this site - I've never gotten one chat thread closed. I'm sparing this thread from getting locked by following the rules and not letting my testosterone get the better of me. Keep your manly agression towards each other under control. So before you start telling anyone who is at fault for getting a thread locked, look in the mirror, please.

Pretty sure the last several times it was people posting for sale items and no one bothered to report them.

And people wonder why I stopped coming to meets. Seriously.

You two may have fun with each other, but to a moderator who doesn't know you, they don't know. I'm sorry that you felt your post was sincere enough, but I'm not letting such a stupid argument about drifting lock up another chat thread. Obviously the moderators agreed, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmhonda View Post
Ringpop has been an extremely helpful member throughout the years and I doubt your joke is half as helpful as his worst post.

Last edited by Special Ringpop; 11-19-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Special Ringpop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #324 (permalink)

Thai
another reason why i stopped posting over there.. they all seem to be elitists who seem to have a holier than thou perspective over everyone.. not to mention the mods arent exactly angels either... who knows.. it got pretty uncomfortable over there for my tastes... plus i didnt exactly like how everything was orchestrated... "get together, show off car, maybe eat, leave"

other groups ive hung out with actually did stuff... like help put in a clutch, or played halo for 5 hours straight with like 20 people maybe we should consider doing stuff... im more inclined to do the free stuff...
wannabfast is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #325 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePiper View Post
then why is moe being permitted to talk about being stupid and reckless and people who don't condone it and think it is stupid, they are the ones being censored? CLARIFY!!!!!
I don't know, but typically PM'ing a moderator to clean up a thread is typically a good start to answering that question.

Quote:
Ringpop has been an extremely helpful member throughout the years and I doubt your joke is half as helpful as his worst post.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #326 (permalink)

Thai
favoritism?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:02 AM   #327 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabfast View Post
favoritism?
I'd go with common sense. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you've not been here that long, but in the past, we had several chat threads locked and we were banned from having new ones because people didn't report 'chat thread no-no's'.

It took a year to get a damn chat thread back, and I didn't think petty bickering over drifting in an empty parking lot, joke or not, was worth having to wait another year for another chat thread.

Bill bent over backwards to get us a chat thread again, and to throw it away over something so stupid is a waste to me. Take it to PM's if you need to get at each other's throats like that.

Perhaps people need to read this again:

MN Chat Thread....

Quote:

Last edited by Special Ringpop; 11-19-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 AM   #328 (permalink)
Still dropping trout

Justin Credible.
Seriously everyone, get over it. A post that broke the rules was removed, who really cares? Plus.. I mean, c'mon.. "drifting" in an Si? A FWD car?

I'm not meaning to be an ass, but that's two strikes to one post. I understand that it was all fun and games and wasn't hurting anyone, but when the owner of the site allows illegal things to be openly posted it becomes an issue that could easily result in a lawsuit being filed against the site if anything bad were to happen (it's happened before).

Plus, we don't want to play favorites with this crap. If we allow you to post something like that, we have to allow others to post it up.. Then we might as well do away with the whole "no street racing" rule in the first place, which simply is not a possibility.

I will say this though, if you'd like to sign up for VIP and post this kind of stuff all day long please feel free.

Quote:
another reason why i stopped posting over there.. they all seem to be elitists who seem to have a holier than thou perspective over everyone.. not to mention the mods arent exactly angels either...
Care to share?

Jason Kidd/JJ Barea - Rodrigue Beaubois/Jason Terry/DeShawn Stevenson - Peja Stojakovic/Shawn Marion/Caron Butler - Dirk Nowitzki- Brendan Haywood/Tyson Chandler/Ian Mahinmi
firmhonda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #329 (permalink)

Scott
Nobody's selling anything, and to be totally honest, I reported a thread that had a car for sale in it as a bad post. Me and Tom can argue about stuff, right? You know what, Mike, sell your Si and join a mazda thread. Quit hatin on us honda bro's. You obviously don't belong here. You hate your car.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 AM   #330 (permalink)

Scott
Quote:
Seriously everyone, get over it. A post that broke the rules was removed, who really cares? Plus.. I mean, c'mon.. "drifting" in an Si? A FWD car?

I'm not meaning to be an ass, but that's two strikes to one post. I understand that it was all fun and games and wasn't hurting anyone, but when the owner of the site allows illegal things to be openly posted it becomes an issue that could easily result in a lawsuit being filed against the site if anything bad were to happen (it's happened before).

Plus, we don't want to play favorites with this crap. If we allow you to post something like that, we have to allow others to post it up.. Then we might as well do away with the whole "no street racing" rule in the first place, which simply is not a possibility.

I will say this though, if you'd like to sign up for VIP and post this kind of stuff all day long please feel free.

Care to share?
Alright, this will be the last of this topic, he was posting "drifting in a parking lot" It's far diferant than "street racing"

please, let's talk about something else before this turns into a locked thread.

And, I don't see how are post "broke the rules"

Last edited by '06Siguy; 11-19-2008 at 02:16 AM.
'06Siguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 02:17 AM   #331 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06Siguy View Post
Nobody's selling anything, and to be totally honest, I reported a thread that had a car for sale in it as a bad post. Me and Tom can argue about stuff, right? You know what, Mike, sell your Si and join a mazda thread. Quit hatin on us honda bro's. You obviously don't belong here. You hate your car.
Wow dude. Grow up. Seriously. I have never had issues with anyone from Minnesota, but with an attitude like that, I'm not surprised I stopped showing up places.

I have had a ton of issues with my car. But people talk about selling it like it's not a financial burden or something that I maybe, quite simply, can't afford to do. Do you think that I would spend all my time at the dealership if I wanted to? Do you think I WANT to be there? There's a reason I drove eight hours to get the color car I wanted. I love the car, but I hate the problems I've had.

And not once have I talked about hating my car before thisA few days ago I lost power to my power steering. Big deal. I made a post about it because it was upsetting to just lose power like that. It's funny, I've never once said I hated my car. Not once in my entire post history. But it seems others claim to know my opinions more than me.

You Honda bro's, hey? Hatin' on? Not belonging here? Give me a break. Shame on you. What have YOU done for this site? I can get you a list of the positives I've done over the last few years. You want to end the conversation so it doesn't get locked, but you have to get the insult and jab about telling me I don't belong here.

I'll tell you this: I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to stop posting just because one person - you - believes that I don't belong here and that I'm 'hatin', as you put it. Your anger and aggression is far misplaced. I followed the rules because I don't want us to lose ANOTHER chat thread. Like it or not, the rules were broken. Were all the posts that should have been deleted? No, but I don't control that. I didn't pick out one person's post and say "Hm, I'm going to report him because of ___." It was NOTHING like that. I picked a post that was relevent to the inappropriate conversation, and went from there. I had no control over what was deleted or edited.

Quote:

Last edited by Special Ringpop; 11-19-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #332 (permalink)

Thai
Quote:

Care to share?
oh wait.. i thought they were talking about the mnsportcompacts forum.. in which case that was what i was arguing about.. as far as "drifting" in a FWD car.. it IS possible, however not in the d1 full sideways style that most people think of... most of the sliding i do is a controlled oversteer situation where i dont have to have the front wheels turned in nearly as much to clear a turn..

and for the record, i dislike mods that misuse their power to prove a point, the focus of a forum is to unite a comon passion for something.. and having as many people as this board does, sure people will disagree, but there will always be someone.. (me) who could care less, its america, everyone has their right to their opinion.. soo lets just kill this topic and move on people
Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 AM   #333 (permalink)
Still dropping trout

Justin Credible.
Quote:
This isn't called for man. If any one of us had the extensive problems that he's had with his car, we'd all be complaining (many of us more than he does). There's no reason to tell someone to leave the site. I know that people are a little pissed off right now and need to calm down, but at the same time posts like this aren't going to help anything.

Quote:
Alright, this will be the last of this topic, he was posting "drifting in a parking lot" It's far diferant than "street racing"

please, let's talk about something else before this turns into a locked thread.

And, I don't see how are post "broke the rules"
I completely understand this, but the fact of the matter is that both of them are illegal and could result in actions taken against the owner of the site if something were to go wrong.

I know that it's a pain in the ass, but at the same time it's not a rule that was made without reason..

Jason Kidd/JJ Barea - Rodrigue Beaubois/Jason Terry/DeShawn Stevenson - Peja Stojakovic/Shawn Marion/Caron Butler - Dirk Nowitzki- Brendan Haywood/Tyson Chandler/Ian Mahinmi
firmhonda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #334 (permalink)

Scott
Tom, when can I see your new powder coated rims? They look nice. Meet anyone?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:24 AM   #335 (permalink)

Thai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ringpop View Post
Wow dude. Grow up. Seriously. I have never had issues with anyone from Minnesota, but with an attitude like that, I'm not surprised I stopped showing up places.

I have had a ton of issues with my car. But people talk about selling it like it's not a financial burden or something that I maybe, quite simply, can't afford to do. Do you think that I would spend all my time at the dealership if I wanted to? Do you think I WANT to be there? There's a reason I drove eight hours to get the color car I wanted. I love the car, but I hate the problems I've had.

And not once have I talked about hating my car before thisA few days ago I lost power to my power steering. Big deal. I made a post about it because it was upsetting to just lose power like that. It's funny, I've never once said I hated my car. Not once in my entire post history. But it seems others claim to know my opinions more than me.

You Honda bro's, hey? Hatin' on? Not belonging here? Give me a break. Shame on you. What have YOU done for this site? I can get you a list of the positives I've done over the last few years. You want to end the conversation so it doesn't get locked, but you have to get the insult and jab about telling me I don't belong here.

I'll tell you this: I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to stop posting just because one person - you - believes that I don't belong here and that I'm 'hatin', as you put it. Your anger and aggression is far misplaced. I followed the rules because I don't want us to lose ANOTHER chat thread. Like it or not, the rules were broken. Were all the posts that should have been deleted? No, but I don't control that. I didn't pick out one person's post and say "Hm, I'm going to report him because of ___." It was NOTHING like that. I picked a post that was relevent to the inappropriate conversation, and went from there. I had no control over what was deleted or edited.
dont be hatin.... this is how it starts.. 2 people dukin it out, take it to the pm...
Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 AM   #336 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Quote:
dont be hatin.... this is how it starts.. 2 people dukin it out, take it to the pm...
There's nothing to take to PM. The conversation is over. He expressed his opinion and I expressed my opinion in a rebuttal to him. If he wants to continue it, he can do so, but it won't be at the expense of another post by me.

Contrary to what has been alleged, I will not be a reason this MN Chat Thread gets closed. And I never have been.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #337 (permalink)

Thai
Quote:
This isn't called for man. If any one of us had the extensive problems that he's had with his car, we'd all be complaining (many of us more than he does). There's no reason to tell someone to leave the site. I know that people are a little pissed off right now and need to calm down, but at the same time posts like this aren't going to help anything.
what.. its not like the cars were built 100% perfectly... they make MILLIONS of civics worldwide... and they are shipped EVERYWHERE there is a LOT of room for error and damage can occur anywhere anytime
case and point...
Over 300 BMWs damaged at the port in Jersey City

sure this is the WORST of it.. a lot of the issues could be attributed to human error, enough of that.. whos up for a meet before christmas?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #338 (permalink)

R18 FTMFW
sorry for sparkin all this crap guys...
fishermoe14 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #339 (permalink)

Never Again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermoe14 View Post
sorry for sparkin all this crap guys...
Moe, for my part, you asked a hypothetical question. You did not state that you were doing wild and crazy stuff in a parking lot. You were asking for input. I tried to answer as diplomatically as I could. I am not quite sure why the reaction to your question got so heated. You are fine with me and I have had no issues regarding your question.

As we all know, the site does not condone anything that could endanger public safety. As I said previously, I wish we had a place where we could go and practice things like "drifting" to improve our driving skills, especially in inclement weather. I know that the SCCA sometimes has classes and some car clubs do as well, that teach car control. I would seriously look into joining the SCCA and going up to Brainerd to enjoy some real track time.

As for people being "censored" here, only two posts were deleted. I had nothing to do with those posts being deleted. I want to go on record as saying that I feel it is a little hypocritical to say that we "condone" something while censoring people who are against doing reckless things on public roads.

Moe did not say he wanted to drift on public roads. He asked a question about the legality of drifting in a parking lot. I gave him my opinion as did others. How will he learn if people can't give him input? Also, there are a few of us here who stand guilty for violating the laws of the road. Anyone remember the meet in May? Hmmm.

Let's move on. We have a great group of people here who are tremendously fun to not only chat with, but to hang out with. Everyone who has posted here in the Chat thread and MN. Spotted is someone I would be honored to hang out with.

On another note, I think a meet would be pretty difficult now to organize. Kind of cold to be standing outside in a parking lot. If someone can find either an indoor garage or if they want to get together and meet someplace warm, I am all for it. How about we all drive our cars to Arizona or the like and have a meet?

Some cause happiness wherever they go: others whenever they go. -Oscar Wilde
NitrousG35 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #340 (permalink)

Shamwow! Love the pic Firm!
RaskyR1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.