"U mad cuz the drunk kid beat the sober Sally's at NASCAR" Mid Atl Chatz! v7ex - Page 8 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > Mid-Atlantic

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #141 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa5teryo View Post
ftfy
LOL
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #142 (permalink)
Thoon.
 
SiDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Turbosis Town and NAhville
Age: 25
Posts: 25,097
White Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5terYo View Post
ftfy
Master of all docks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
I have no idea what that entails at all, so what exactly do you do that needs a dedicated gpu?
Deals with maps and spatial things.

Making spatial calculations (such as statistics or transformations) takes a lot of computer power. Spatial data are huge! Extremely voluminous.

Also, semi-related:

I use a 64 bit OS with 64 bit programs (that are used to do spatial things and stuff) in conjunction with a multicore processor to run, for example, spatial process A on part of the ram and some statistics on another dataset on another bit of the ram.
It's parallel processing that is used a lot in the gaming industry. The computers I use at work are essentially build to be gaming computers because of the nature of the data we work with.
SiDanny is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fa5terYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 28
Posts: 12,329
UPS: Tracking Information

wat. da. faq.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiDanny View Post
I use a 64 bit OS with 64 bit programs (that are used to do spatial things and stuff) in conjunction with a multicore processor to run, for example, spatial process A on part of the ram and some statistics on another dataset on another bit of the ram.
It's parallel processing that is used a lot in the gaming industry. The computers I use at work are essentially build to be gaming computers because of the nature of the data we work with.

tl;did read



C/N- #ugotalltehsmartz
Fa5terYo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #144 (permalink)
Thoon.
 
SiDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Turbosis Town and NAhville
Age: 25
Posts: 25,097
White Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5terYo View Post
UPS: Tracking Information

wat. da. faq.





tl;did read



C/N- #ugotalltehsmartz
Friday, by end of day. Complain if they aren't there....

Why are they coming from CA?


#allthesmarts;halfthebrain
SiDanny is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #145 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiDanny View Post

Deals with maps and spatial things.

Making spatial calculations (such as statistics or transformations) takes a lot of computer power. Spatial data are huge! Extremely voluminous.

Also, semi-related:

I use a 64 bit OS with 64 bit programs (that are used to do spatial things and stuff) in conjunction with a multicore processor to run, for example, spatial process A on part of the ram and some statistics on another dataset on another bit of the ram.
It's parallel processing that is used a lot in the gaming industry. The computers I use at work are essentially build to be gaming computers because of the nature of the data we work with.

Sounds pretty cool, i figured it had to do with graphics of some kind...so maps certainly makes sense.

^not sure if that last paragraph was for me or not lol but a 64 bit os is just one that supports a 64 bit processor, its allows it to take in literally twice as many bits per operation, also it has a much wider memory bus which is why it can support 192 gigs of memory rather than 4gigs.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by snizzletoff; 01-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #146 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fa5terYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 28
Posts: 12,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiDanny View Post
Friday, by end of day. Complain if they aren't there....

Why are they coming from CA?


#allthesmarts;halfthebrain

chris said neupseed shipped them from cali... he shipped the bolts from PA yesterday


i swear if they don't make it by tomorrow i'm gonna flip sh!t... becuz anxious
Fa5terYo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #147 (permalink)
I lika, do, da cha cha
 
OBX4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Age: 24
Posts: 23,155
Matty
USPS still can't figure out where my lugs are...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
Just strut those long legs on a nice corner and come up with the money that way...Boost is totally worth touching a **** or two

BewstedROP™
OBX4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #148 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
wow...that is ridiculous man.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #149 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #150 (permalink)
I lika, do, da cha cha
 
OBX4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Age: 24
Posts: 23,155
Matty
That's why I know I can never do wrong to a girl I'm with.. cause she would know all she has to do to get to me is fawk my car up..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
Just strut those long legs on a nice corner and come up with the money that way...Boost is totally worth touching a **** or two

BewstedROP™
OBX4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #151 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBX4life View Post
That's why I know I can never do wrong to a girl I'm with.. cause she would know all she has to do to get to me is fawk my car up..
and its uhmmmm morally wrong
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #152 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fa5terYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 28
Posts: 12,329
i'd beat a bish
Fa5terYo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #153 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5terYo View Post
i'd beat a bish
Id just sue her...and get a better car.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #154 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fa5terYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 28
Posts: 12,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
Id just sue her...and get a better car.

Fa5terYo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #155 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
Id guess it would be a sorta hard case to win though...can't really prove who ****** it up...insurance would also cover damages that extensive id guess lol.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #156 (permalink)
Thoon.
 
SiDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Turbosis Town and NAhville
Age: 25
Posts: 25,097
White Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
Sounds pretty cool, i figured it had to do with graphics of some kind...so maps certainly makes sense.

^not sure if that last paragraph was for me or not lol but a 64 bit os is just one that supports a 64 bit processor, its allows it to take in literally twice as many bits per operation, also it has a much wider memory bus which is why it can support 192 gigs of memory rather than 4gigs.
Yeah. 32 vs 64 bit processing is a thing that started in the gaming industry that segued into my line of work.

It helps us get things done faster since we aren't limited to 4 gigs of ram. When ish starts accessing the hdd to process ish it's slow as dogsh!t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5terYo View Post
chris said neupseed shipped them from cali... he shipped the bolts from PA yesterday


i swear if they don't make it by tomorrow i'm gonna flip sh!t... becuz anxious
Oh I gotcha. I haven't heard from him in a while. I guess they're still working on my ish
SiDanny is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #157 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff



So do you guys think i will rub with a +35 offset? running at minimum a 235/40 star spec or toyo r1r tire? i don't want to run spacers at all. I am only worried because HFP and stock suspension is wide compared to coils.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #158 (permalink)
Thoon.
 
SiDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Turbosis Town and NAhville
Age: 25
Posts: 25,097
White Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post



So do you guys think i will rub with a +35 offset? running at minimum a 235/40 star spec or toyo r1r tire? i don't want to run spacers at all. I am only worried because HFP and stock suspension is wide compared to coils.
You'll be fine with a x9 and +35 from what I've seen. Might need fender work though.
SiDanny is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #159 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
snizzletoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 28,724
snizzletoff
its an 8.25 wide rim not 9. i hit up the XXR thread. someone is running the +35 with junk2 springs so i should be fine if they don't rub. Just pulled the trigger. thought they were back ordered but they got 2 sets today, it will ship this afternoon.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #160 (permalink)
I lika, do, da cha cha
 
OBX4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Age: 24
Posts: 23,155
Matty
Remember that 235 star specs will probably fit like a normal 245 tire

Congrats on the wheel choice!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
Just strut those long legs on a nice corner and come up with the money that way...Boost is totally worth touching a **** or two

BewstedROP™
OBX4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved