The Ultimate TMPS Thread - All threads merged - Page 10 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #181 (permalink)

Respect my authoritah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgFA View Post
That is true for people who lives in area that has winter. Im from socal and we pretty much have one weather here.
True, as long as the new wheel is TPMS compatible you could just transfer the sensors.
thedamaja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #182 (permalink)

Tod
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedamaja View Post
You could do that but what a hassle each winter to mount and dismount tires to get the sensors back and forth.

The Tire Rack supplies the correct OEM sensor from Honda same as you buy at the dealer. The customer just needs to get them initialized to there vehicle.
You are right, it is kind of a pain, but technically you don't have to dismount the tire. You can just let out the air and break the bead and reach in and grab the sensors and put them on your other wheels, that is if you have access to a tire machine... A tire shop may do this for you for a nominal fee, it is much easier / faster than actually dismounting the whole set. (just don't drop the sensor in the tire cuz then you do have to dismount it, don't ask me how I know...)
Solo2EG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #183 (permalink)

Respect my authoritah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo2EG View Post
You are right, it is kind of a pain, but technically you don't have to dismount the tire. You can just let out the air and break the bead and reach in and grab the sensors and put them on your other wheels, that is if you have access to a tire machine... A tire shop may do this for you for a nominal fee, it is much easier / faster than actually dismounting the whole set. (just don't drop the sensor in the tire cuz then you do have to dismount it, don't ask me how I know...)
True you don't have to dismount but it seemed a tad simpler than explaining the whole thing like you just did. Besides it still costs your time and money to have this done every fall and spring.

Last edited by thedamaja; 12-12-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #184 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedamaja View Post
True, as long as the new wheel is TPMS compatible you could just transfer the sensors.
I guess that would be the next question, which wheels would have the TPMS compatibility. I'm guessing as long as you can select it at tirerack or discounttire and you put there that your car has TPMS that they are TPMS compatible? Its just a wild guess. Cause i was informed that the FN01R-C is not TPMS compatible (Rims the I like).
pgFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #185 (permalink)

Respect my authoritah!
Quote:
I guess that would be the next question, which wheels would have the TPMS compatibility. I'm guessing as long as you can select it at tirerack or discounttire and you put there that your car has TPMS that they are TPMS compatible? Its just a wild guess. Cause i was informed that the FN01R-C is not TPMS compatible (Rims the I like).
Tire Rack will only list the correct TPMS compatible wheels when you input your vehicle. I'm not sure about Discount Tire.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #186 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
Oh ok... So pretty much the ones that shows up would be the one that is TPMS compatible.

kngo28: Any update on the dealer re-program of the TPMS?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #187 (permalink)

Khoa
Quote:
Oh ok... So pretty much the ones that shows up would be the one that is TPMS compatible.

kngo28: Any update on the dealer re-program of the TPMS?
nothing yet I'll call the dealership later today and see what's going on.
kngo28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #188 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
Ok. I hope they find a solution for this. I wish its as easy as selecting the wheels and then putting the TPMS in the new wheels.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #189 (permalink)

Khoa
Alright, I just got off the phone with the dealership. They said they can reset it but it will cost $120..Ouch, at this point im feeling like I'm really getting hosed. I spend $255 on sensors and now I gotta spend $120 to get them reset. I have 2 sets of tires to rotate seasonally that means I gotta spend at least $240 dollars a year. Seriously. WTF. I'm not happy with this new TPMS crap, I will call around all the local dealers to see if they have different prices. I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #190 (permalink)

Khoa
Ok, I just called a second dealership and got a much better price. The price they gave me is $56. For those who live in MN, the first dealership I talked to is Burnsville Honda, $120. Second dealership I talked to is Richfield/Bloomington Honda, $56. I tried to call Buerkle Honda and Brookdale Honda, no one picked up in service. I'm just gonna assume that $56 will be the best price so now I'm just debating if it would be worth reseting.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #191 (permalink)

Do the new honda accords reset themselves too?
mhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #192 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
Wow! Thats pretty pricey... I think it would be better if you just transfer the OEM TPMS from one wheel to the other if it fits since you're going to go through the same hassle by re-programing the TPMS every time. Plus I think it would be cheaper... (Maybe)
Old 12-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #193 (permalink)

Reese
wait...let me get this right. so each time you have to rotate your tires, you have to pay to re-program the TPMS??? im asking because my gf just bought an 08 CR-V for her parents last night so it has TPMS as a feature for all 08s.
FusionSi11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #194 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
Not on a tire rotation but if you are planning on putting some aftermarket wheels, then thats the time that either you get new TPMS and have them reprogram or transfer the OEM TPMS to the new wheels. Either way, you might end up paying extra.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #195 (permalink)

Reese
gotcha..thanks homie. i wouldnt have been too happy if we had to pay each time the tires are rotated.
FusionSi11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #196 (permalink)

Khoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionSi11 View Post
wait...let me get this right. so each time you have to rotate your tires, you have to pay to re-program the TPMS??? im asking because my gf just bought an 08 CR-V for her parents last night so it has TPMS as a feature for all 08s.
no, each time I switch sets of tires. I have 2 sets of tires, one for winter and one for summer. Each set has its own sensors in which they need to be reset in order to sync with each set.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #197 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
No one would be buying those TPMS if that is the case. Hahaha! Right now, the only real hassle for me is finding wheels that I want that is TPMS compatible. I dont mind putting my OEM TPMS on the new wheel since I really dont need to switch out wheels for different season (SoCal).
Old 12-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #198 (permalink)

Khoa
Quote:
Not on a tire rotation but if you are planning on putting some aftermarket wheels, then thats the time that either you get new TPMS and have them reprogram or transfer the OEM TPMS to the new wheels. Either way, you might end up paying extra.
Also keep in mind that your oem sensors may not fit on after market rims as shown in the collegehills honda video on the 06-07 hfp rims.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #199 (permalink)

Khoa
Quote:
No one would be buying those TPMS if that is the case. Hahaha! Right now, the only real hassle for me is finding wheels that I want that is TPMS compatible. I dont mind putting my OEM TPMS on the new wheel since I really dont need to switch out wheels for different season (SoCal).
bah I'm slow LOL you know what's going on
Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #200 (permalink)
Broke Baller

Pogi
Yeah I saw that Video of them putting the sensor on the 06-07 HFP and it has a little gap between the wheel and the sensor. But if I were you, I would check how much it would cost you just to move the sensor from one wheel to another. It might be cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.