Civic si clutch - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Civic si clutch

Ho guys i have recently join to this awesome community. Well I've been having troubles with the clutch but yesterday it quit working. the mechanic check it; and he said its the auxiliary bomb so I bought it but it didn't work either now I took it to the dealer and they can't find the issue any ideas???.

My car is a 2006 civic Si
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Special.K
what is the car doing? is not going into gear? while driving is it revving freely?
killin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Actually right now it doesn't gear at all if the car is off gears gets in perfectly but when the car is on no way to get any gear in at all.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
VIP Member

Jesse
Get your front tires off the ground put it in first and then give it gas then push the clutch. If your RPMs jump up in that means your clutch is somewhat working. Let us know after that. It could be as simple as ajusting the rod on the back of your clutch pedal.

Last edited by Fsrider; 11-18-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Fsrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

^^^^^ dumb **** lets think safety first. 95% of the time when the CMC has fluid and system is bled and it still will not go into gear your clutch is shot. you should be smelling a little bit of it aswell.
07taffyfa5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
VIP Member

Jesse
Have you dropped a transmission and swapped a clutch before? I have and You can move that rod enough so that you can not get into gear even with stock clutch . Obviously you should check the fluid as well. These cars have a very finicky adjustment I have spent a lot of time with my elbow up around the gas pedal trying to get it perfect.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you I have check the fluid and the rod but they are fine I think they haven't drop the transmission Monday I guess they will. I'll update what have they done
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Matt
I wouldn't **** with the clutch pedal adjustment. Automatic headache.

Last edited by metalmatt; 11-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.
metalmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Andrew
If you can't get the car into gear when the engine is running the clutch is partially engaged. There are 2 scenarios here, either the master or slave cylinder is failing and not releasing the clutch all the way (cheapest fix) causing it to stay partially engaged.... or the clutch is dragging because it's warped, coming apart, or there's a problem with the pressure plate / release fork.

Hope it's the first scenario. The rest require the trans to come out

Either way, a dragging clutch is not good. do not continue to drive like this or you will put severe stress on your synchros trying to overcome that dragging clutch.
volvo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo9 View Post
If you can't get the car into gear when the engine is running the clutch is partially engaged. There are 2 scenarios here, either the master or slave cylinder is failing and not releasing the clutch all the way (cheapest fix) causing it to stay partially engaged.... or the clutch is dragging because it's warped, coming apart, or there's a problem with the pressure plate / release fork.

Hope it's the first scenario. The rest require the trans to come out

Either way, a dragging clutch is not good. do not continue to drive like this or you will put severe stress on your synchros trying to overcome that dragging clutch.
Hey thanks so great explanation i will take the car today with another mechanic because the dealer could not find the issue here but I'll explain this to the new mechanic so he can start with that thank you again
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Andrew
They couldn't find the issue? I hope it only happens intermittently, or else that's a pretty sh*tty dealer.

If it's intermittent it could most likely be the master cylinder
volvo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo9 View Post
They couldn't find the issue? I hope it only happens intermittently, or else that's a pretty sh*tty dealer.

If it's intermittent it could most likely be the master cylinder
Thank you i'll explain this to the mechanic because dealer couldn't do **** to fix it. They suck... Maybe because I'm in Guatemala.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.