Cracks in paint(crows feet)? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Chris
Cracks in paint(crows feet)?

I just recently bought an 07 Civic Si, and all over the hood and fenders, there are little cracks in the paint. The same thing happened to my friends 08 Civic Si. Has anyone ever had this problem and will Honda cover it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

its usually on black civics that this happens on. dealers have been nice enoough and covered it under warranty. take it back and have them fix it.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

a lot of people started having this problem. just bring it in and they will repaint it. a lot of people on this forum will vouch for you on this
its_errick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Andrew
i just noticed what i believe to be crows feet

hope honda covers this. i bought my 08 in the winter of 07
tuner student is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Andrew
also it this normall just on the hood? maybe i should check all the car with a fine tooth comb and see exactly what needs painting. hope they blend it or it doesn't look too much newer than the rest of the paint.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner student View Post
also it this normall just on the hood? maybe i should check all the car with a fine tooth comb and see exactly what needs painting. hope they blend it or it doesn't look too much newer than the rest of the paint.
Only visible on the hood of my GGM.
AbstraKt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
8th-a-holic

Josh
My dealer repainted my 06 GGM for free because of this. i had 42K at the time.

For the guy in Newburgh NY...(Stationed at West point I assume), its worth the drive to come up to Fort Drum. Drum Honda WILL square you away. They did me. PM me and I can give you their phone #.
ArmyofOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just noticed a similar cracking on my car. I have a black 09 civic si and noticed a "spiderweb-like" crack on the roof about the size of the dime. The dealer says they won't fix it because it was "caused by the environment" and they are not responsible.

When I asked them to clarify they said maybe a bird crapped on it and I left it there for too long. I've had the car almost 3 months and have never left anything on it for any period of time. I park in a parking garage at work and if I get to wherever I'm going and find anything on the car, I take it off. This annoys my fiance, but I do it anyway because this is my first new car. How can it be my fault?
djgarcia2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Noorullah
I have this all over my hood, its so annoying, I dont know if my dealership will be nice enough though.
SniperNoor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
My dealer repainted my 06 GGM for free because of this. i had 42K at the time.

For the guy in Newburgh NY...(Stationed at West point I assume), its worth the drive to come up to Fort Drum. Drum Honda WILL square you away. They did me. PM me and I can give you their phone #.
i'm actually stationed at stewart ANGB in newburgh. morehead honda here said they will take care of it. thanks anyways
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Its cracking because Honda puts too much paint on the hood and fenders. Even the EM1 are doing it. Its mainly black because you can see it.
Poweraide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Chris
I have an 07 Habi Red fa5 and it is doing it on the hood, front of fenders, and the roof. Honda is going to cover it under warranty. Since there isn't a body shop at the Honda dealers here, the district rep had to come and check it out.
04lxCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Want to see a real bad one.. Here is my hood from my 2006 Nighthawk Black SI. The Hood is pretty much completely covered in cracks along with the passenger side fender. My car has 80,000 KM on it and this started appearing at about 75,000 and has just continued to spread. I am going to be contacting Honda Customer Relations cause this is just terrible.

2006 Civic SI Hood Cracks - Link to pic for some reason it doesnt show up

Last edited by Aver; 11-04-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Aver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Robbie
Does your car have to be covered under warranty for honda to look into the paint? I bought my car used with 41k, and I have that in a section above my left rear window. It was purchased at a Jeep and chrysler dealership with only the powertrain warranty.
07REGSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Renzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
Want to see a real bad one.. Here is my hood from my 2006 Nighthawk Black SI. The Hood is pretty much completely covered in cracks along with the passenger side fender. My car has 80,000 KM on it and this started appearing at about 75,000 and has just continued to spread. I am going to be contacting Honda Customer Relations cause this is just terrible.

holy sh*t dude why did you wait for it to get so bad before you decided to take it in?! i took mine in when i saw a few crows feet on my drivers side fender and they covered it.
d3fton3s87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fton3s87 View Post
holy sh*t dude why did you wait for it to get so bad before you decided to take it in?! i took mine in when i saw a few crows feet on my drivers side fender and they covered it.
Hah, I didn't wait.. I came out from lunch towards the end of August on a really hot day and it looked my hood exploded. There were no noticeable marks prior to that day.
Aver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperNoor View Post
I have this all over my hood, its so annoying, I dont know if my dealership will be nice enough though.
You don't have to take it to one particular stealership. Also, the regional Honda rep can take a look and put in the clearance for a re-paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07REGSI View Post
Does your car have to be covered under warranty for honda to look into the paint? I bought my car used with 41k, and I have that in a section above my left rear window. It was purchased at a Jeep and chrysler dealership with only the powertrain warranty.
They can always to do it as a good faith thing. However, getting things covered under good faith after the warranty period is harder. Not impossible.
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post

Good luck, I've found Honda customer care to be pretty crappy. They are pretty indifferent to your problems regarding their cars and dealerhips.

Avoid O'Donnell Honda of Ellicott City Maryland. They damage cars and their service manager will get beligerent when confronted about it. Then lie about it all even with photographic evidence. Honda won't even bother to look at the photos.
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

mike
back from the dead but i got mine crows feet covered under bumper to bumper warranty, i should be getting my car back in a few days
vollrathian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 12:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Eric
My hood wan't quite as bad as the one above, but it was close. My car had 30,000 KM's and I brought it to the dealer. At first they didn't want to paint it, but finally their paint guy said it had to be done. Everything was paid for by Honda, had my car back a day later. NHBP by the way. I was told this is a common problem on all years of black Hondas. Something to do with the heat of the engine bay, plus the fact that the hood is black or some crap like that...

Last edited by ecosse; 01-28-2010 at 12:40 AM.
ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.