Cracks in paint(crows feet)? - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

Chris
Mine started appearing around 30k miles. Honda covered it, but it took awhile. They don't ever want to fix any of their mistakes.
04lxCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

mike
my car looks like it came off the showroom floor now
vollrathian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

Eric

Last edited by ecosse; 02-02-2010 at 04:49 AM.
ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

ghetto fabulous
f_ck. i am just over the 3 year mark like literally a couple weeks and i just washed my car and noticed this!!! do you guys think honda will cover this? would honda be hestitant to do this on a car that has had full bolt ons installed previously?
20civic07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
8th-a-holic

Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
its usually on black civics that this happens on. dealers have been nice enoough and covered it under warranty. take it back and have them fix it.
Zuece! How goes it man? Aint seen you around in awhile.

BOT, OP, it isnt just black cars this happens too. There is a thread here somewhere...I will see if i can find it:

Cracks in the hood (pics)

^there it is you can see on page 1 there is a running list of people with the problem.

As for me, I have an 06 GGM EX Sedan, that I bought USED from a non honda dealer, and I got my ENTIRE car (minus front and rear bumper covers) repainted under Honda's warranty.

Before (you can kinda see the defects, but they dont show up well on GGM):

and after:

I think you picked the mans man of trucks. That truck is so manly it plays the Orgasmo theme song when you forget to buckle up.
ArmyofOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
Want to see a real bad one.. Here is my hood from my 2006 Nighthawk Black SI. The Hood is pretty much completely covered in cracks along with the passenger side fender. My car has 80,000 KM on it and this started appearing at about 75,000 and has just continued to spread. I am going to be contacting Honda Customer Relations cause this is just terrible.

2006 Civic SI Hood Cracks - Link to pic for some reason it doesnt show up
thats what my hood and fenders looked like...mine was repainted under warrenty...
Ryan410 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

Mine was repainted under warranty too. Too bad they only resprayed it, as 6 months later it's starting to crack.... Again.
Keith P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

how many years is the warranty? im starting to notice small cracks on the hood and roof... other parts of the car have new paint due to accidents but yea... i even got the protection package where they coat the seats and do the undercoating... and also a sealant on the paint.. the salesman even said "with the paint sealer, you will never have to wax your car" hahahaha jerk
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

i just realized i am a few months past the warranty.. i live in canada and hopefully they will be nice like some of your dealers' have been.. i will bring it in tomorrow. if they give me a hard time, then this will probably be my last honda i buy. it is unacceptable to have such poor quality paint on a car that has known to be "reliable".
Old 09-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

George
i have the same issue, noticed it a few months ago, took it to honda and they said it wasnt a paint defect it was something that i had done to the vehicle. i have taken it to 3 different dealerships atleast 3 times a piece and no one will correct the problem. as well as the service bulletin check with the steering gear box and the 3rd gear pop/grind. i have finally had it with VA honda dealerships and will be calling honda directly tomorrow, and continuing with legal matter depending on how Honda of America responds.
itsawhr08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Adam (A.J.)
Damn my car has 6K miles on it and crows feet are already apearing...I noticed it when i waxed her the other day
TroiRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
Want to see a real bad one.. Here is my hood from my 2006 Nighthawk Black SI. The Hood is pretty much completely covered in cracks along with the passenger side fender. My car has 80,000 KM on it and this started appearing at about 75,000 and has just continued to spread. I am going to be contacting Honda Customer Relations cause this is just terrible.

2006 Civic SI Hood Cracks - Link to pic for some reason it doesnt show up
This is exactly how the hood and fenders look on our nhbp o6 coupe. I took the car in and (hendrickhonda NC) told me that they will call me after pics were submitted to there uppers.I said ok not that big of rush since its just paint that's fine .This was 6 months ago. I think I have to recall them and complain.---CRAP----
JDM498 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

Adam (A.J.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM498 View Post
This is exactly how the hood and fenders look on our nhbp o6 coupe. I took the car in and (hendrickhonda NC) told me that they will call me after pics were submitted to there uppers.I said ok not that big of rush since its just paint that's fine .This was 6 months ago. I think I have to recall them and complain.---CRAP----
Raise hell tell them you are a little and never know what will happen

nah i would have reminded them after a week
TroiRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM498 View Post
was your car still under the warranty when you went?

I think I am going to go directly with Honda Canada, as the dealers either will be stubborn as ****, or not even know what the hell they are looking at.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #35 (permalink)

Cracks in paint(crows feet)?

At 35,700 right now and noticed the crows feet happening Saturday while washing it. At dealership now and he's calling it in to Honda to get it fixed . Lucky me. Bought the car new, sucks to see it on a car that's not even 3 years old. Oh and it's nhbp
kyaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyaos View Post
At 35,700 right now and noticed the crows feet happening Saturday while washing it. At dealership now and he's calling it in to Honda to get it fixed . Lucky me. Bought the car new, sucks to see it on a car that's not even 3 years old. Oh and it's nhbp
i am sure it happens to ALL the cars if not the mass majority.. the only difference is it is a lot easier to spot on the NHPB compared to white or silver (in which ppl will probably never even notice.. esp average joes). I am going to call honda canada now and see what they say.. i am 4 months past my warranty.

u are lucky you found this before the warranty period it up.!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

just got off the phone with honda canada.. he opened up a file for me, but bc i am past the 3 year warranty period, he told me to go to my dealer for pics to be taken and they will take a look at the pictures and see if i qualify for "goodwill" warranty... he asked about my mileage which is only 56k so hopefully that goes in my favour because it is still under 60k. ill let you guys know whats up
Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #38 (permalink)

LemondAidCars.com
Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #39 (permalink)

Mark (call me Cowboy)
what is the standard warranty when you buy a new honda? mine was a 2008 brand new with 6 miles on it. now 2 years, 1 month, 31,000 miles later, the hood and front fenders have become riddled with crows feet. i really noticed it when i waxed my car two weeks ago thinking i did something wrong waxing it but found out about this.

something tells me it was 3 years/30,000 miles.

yeah its like that all over the hood and fenders.

am i covered?
RMYoshiSuzuki1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

Matt
Just bought a NHBP 08 SI and I think I'm going to run into the same issue. Noticed them starting already and sure they will get worse. Luckily I have another year on the bumper to bumper.

Had these HORRIBLY on my 99 Mazda 626 - Green. Looked horrible, don't want to go down that same road again.
mattya802 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.