8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

clicking sound

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Opticon 
#1 ·
has any one have this prob? when i disengage the clutch to go i here a vary loud clicking sound from the left front wheel area. so load it can be herd with windows up and music on and some times i can feel it in the clutch pedal. i have a 06 civic sedan lowerd on the pro-kit

#5 ·
i have theres no wheel play at all theres nothen loose and iv retourqed everying thing to the right specs. and still the sounds is there. it also does it when i down shift from 3rd to 2nd. iv taken it to honda 8 times for the sam problem and they say its a dry caliper pin every time.

#6 ·
I'll bet it's the ignition interlock switch that keeps you from starting the car with the clutch out. Mine is a bit noisy too. Normally, you can hear it when the pedal is almost all the way out, or just as you're pushing it in. It's a lot worse in COLD weather. Mine does seem to have quieted down as I put miles on the car.

#8 ·
yea. ok here we go step by step of what i here. as i put the clutch in and give it gas and then let the clutch out slowly at a certain point (and its the same point every time) there will be a load CLICK from the front left wheel area. ok then if i where to do the sam thing but going in reverse it will do the same thing. and it will do it when i down shift from 3rd to 2nd and normal speeds.

#13 ·
yes its possible, jack the car up with the wheels off the ground, then grab the tire and try to move it back and forth to see if it has any play in it. if it doesnt have any play, spin the wheel and hear if it makes a humming noise. if that doesnt answer your question, while its off the ground, put it in gear and spin the wheel back and forth, it should make that clunking sound u were talking about. mine did that and it was the motor mount

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.