8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

HID Fog Lights

10K views 59 replies 14 participants last post by  striker_1818 
#1 ·
I'm sure some have done this, I'm going with yellow HID fogs. is it just as easy or more difficult than head lights? do i need to remove the bumper? is there room for the ballast to be mounted etc? Please feed back is greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
illmaticone said:
I'm sure some have done this, I'm going with yellow HID fogs. is it just as easy or more difficult than head lights? do i need to remove the bumper? is there room for the ballast to be mounted etc? Please feed back is greatly appreciated!!

Bumper is like 5 mins of work.. but im not sure.. post pics when you get it done.. i wanna see..

#7 ·
Nomar06 said:
Are you doing a retro or just a PNP kit??? Either way there is penty of room for the ballast. Removing the bumper makes it easier to do.
a guy at my job had a shop retro some in his BMW and charged him 300 for everything :eek:mg:

I got his card and am going to see what he has to fit in our housing. 300, I'll be there this weekend and let him do all the work. If anyone near NYC knows this shop, fill me in..

Neys Auto Sound on Jerome Ave in da Bronx

#8 ·
i have a retro fog light set up, i will post pictures once i get them installed

#10 ·
illmaticone said:
will do, hopefully will be done Saturday depending on weather and how much time i have. maybe ill do a DIY if i have the time as well.

its gonna be 8000k low beams, with 3000k fogs
is this your first-time removing the bumper?
If so, when all the little screws are out, and you still cannot pull the bumper out of the car, that's because on each side by the edge of the headlight, there is a tab that. In other words, you need to apply some force pulling it. You'll hear a clamp, then take it out carefully.

#11 ·
striker_1818 said:
is this your first-time removing the bumper?
If so, when all the little screws are out, and you still cannot pull the bumper out of the car, that's because on each side by the edge of the headlight, there is a tab that. In other words, you need to apply some force pulling it. You'll hear a clamp, then take it out carefully.
Yes it is, thanks for the advice!

#12 ·
illmaticone said:
please keep me in mind when you do this. i also want to do the same exact thing. i have an ex coupe without any fogs at all and i would love some yellow hids.

#21 ·
#24 ·
-Bionic- said:
Is this right? It says OEM, but the price seems way to low, and I thought the OEMs used H11 bulbs; not H3. Shouldn't he have stated OEM style?

Anywho does anyone the fittment on these? do they fit like OEM on the car?

Thanks
They sell a wide variety of products and the H3 error is a copy and paste error I guess. A lot of people have them on the boards, me included. They work great. Just K2Motor itself as a seller really sucks - slow service, shipping and communication. They also have a tendency to sell out of stock products.

#26 ·
even aftermarket fogs use H11 Bjorn.
OEM will have a different harness that will let you control your fogs as you wish. Say you want them on by themselves, you can do that. They also flash when you lock your car.
OEM pretty much has one purpose: be used as fogs only. They will turn on as long as your low beams are on, only. Other than that, forget about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.