8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

fog lights with HID

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  linuxglobal 
#1 ·
does anyone know where i can get HID for my fog lights??? or is it better to keep it stock??? do i just change the buld or i have to get the complete kits... pls help a brother out:eek:hnoes:

#18 ·
buloy69 said:
so u have HID for low beam and HID for the fog lights as well is the vision a lot better??? is your fog lights OEM???

i love tims fog retro so much i want to do a set now. and he has head light hid retro too here are some of his pictures.

Tim said:
Update:

New projector fogs as retrofitted by caveman74 himself. Here are the new cutoff pictures:

Lows Only:

Lows and Fogs firing up (yes, they start up green):

Lows and Fogs Warmed Up:

Fogs Only:

Fogs and Lows firing up:

The fogs are running an H3 HID kit that's supposed to be 4300K, but it seems to run a bit green, so I think it's closer to 6000K (more blue color bulbs plus the projector is yellow). If I were to re-aim the fogs, they could easily serve as headlights and still light up better than the halogen stock bulb. The projectors have a good amount of width to them, and they manage the glare a LOT better than the stock fogs with HID did.

Another neat shot:

All lit up:

tim i hope you don't mind me whoring out your lighting set up. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.