Pure White interior LEDs! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cbp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 206
Clayton
Pure White interior LEDs!

I originally bought ijdmtoy "xenon white" LEDs for my interior but I was so sick of the blue tint from them. I thought about getting the EXLED kit, but at $70 +shipping, I kept looking. I ended up getting 5000k bulbs from VLEDS and they're perfect! A nice pure white color, no blue, no yellow, and much brighter than the ijdmtoy bulbs.

Part numbers I used for my coupe:
(Interior lights)
3136_3HP_W_5K - 5K WHITE 1.5W 3 LED HIGH POWER UNIVERSAL DOME LIGHT BULB 31-36MM ADJUSTABLE
(License plate lights)
194_5_3C_W_5K - 5K WHITE 3 CHIP 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

VLEDS bulb on left and ijdmtoy on right.


VLEDS vs ijdmtoy. (the ijdmtoy bulb's blue tint is exaggerated next to the pure white bulbs)


No more blue!


VLEDS vs ijdmtoy for the license plate lights


ijdmtoy (bluer in person)


VLEDS
cbp27 is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
nice.. no difference with a sedan im guessing?
TheSi-era is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Edwin H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,137
Looks awesome. I have the annoying blue as well and want the clear white
Edwin H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Colin00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal 626
Age: 20
Posts: 3,737
Colin
I agree with the blue tint.

Its cool at first, but it gets kinda annoying in the long run.
No hate tho, I've purchased stuff from them before and its quality.


They got some 7.5w reverse bulbs that are advertised with a blue tint, when in reality its pretty white.

I was the first 8th to have them, pretty satisfied with the results.
/partiallyadvertising
Colin00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
WOW 1st of all i need to say THANK YOU to you, because thats the white im looking for. The only reason i didnt install HID yet it because i cant find a pure white license plate light to match my Volt HID 4300k light.
Chaddd.W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,711
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp27 View Post
I originally bought ijdmtoy "xenon white" LEDs for my interior but I was so sick of the blue tint from them. I thought about getting the EXLED kit, but at $70 +shipping, I kept looking. I ended up getting 5000k bulbs from VLEDS and they're perfect! A nice pure white color, no blue, no yellow, and much brighter than the ijdmtoy bulbs.

Part numbers I used for my coupe:
(Interior lights)
3136_3HP_W_5K - 5K WHITE 1.5W 3 LED HIGH POWER UNIVERSAL DOME LIGHT BULB 31-36MM ADJUSTABLE
(License plate lights)
194_5_3C_W_5K - 5K WHITE 3 CHIP 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

VLEDS bulb on left and ijdmtoy on right.
image


VLEDS vs ijdmtoy. (the ijdmtoy bulb's blue tint is exaggerated next to the pure white bulbs)
image


No more blue!
image


VLEDS vs ijdmtoy for the license plate lights
image


ijdmtoy (bluer in person)
image


VLEDS
image
Thanks for the post! Those looks pretty nice! I have the ijdmtoy direct fit panel on my r18 and it doesn't seem to be as white as those! I actually have the v-leds 194 5k retina burner for my license plate and its damn bright! brightest 194 bulb if im not mistaken..
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
R18LX-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 542
Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
Thanks for the post! Those looks pretty nice! I have the ijdmtoy direct fit panel on my r18 and it doesn't seem to be as white as those! I actually have the v-leds 194 5k retina burner for my license plate and its damn bright! brightest 194 bulb if im not mistaken..
Can you post a link and/or pics!

I want these but can't find them anywhere :'(
R18LX-S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by R18LX-S View Post
Can you post a link and/or pics!

I want these but can't find them anywhere :'(
I tried to do a google search. It looks like their site is under some construction.
Also, I searched for coupon codes

NLCODE = 5% off
H3F316 = 10% off $20
7581B4 = 15% off 50

None of those codes work. Anyone have anything?
Igeboy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Centreville, MD
Posts: 223
Anthony b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp27 View Post
I originally bought ijdmtoy "xenon white" LEDs for my interior but I was so sick of the blue tint from them. I thought about getting the EXLED kit, but at $70 +shipping, I kept looking. I ended up getting 5000k bulbs from VLEDS and they're perfect! A nice pure white color, no blue, no yellow, and much brighter than the ijdmtoy bulbs.

Part numbers I used for my coupe:
(Interior lights)
3136_3HP_W_5K - 5K WHITE 1.5W 3 LED HIGH POWER UNIVERSAL DOME LIGHT BULB 31-36MM ADJUSTABLE
(License plate lights)
194_5_3C_W_5K - 5K WHITE 3 CHIP 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

VLEDS bulb on left and ijdmtoy on right.
image


VLEDS vs ijdmtoy. (the ijdmtoy bulb's blue tint is exaggerated next to the pure white bulbs)
image


No more blue!
image


VLEDS vs ijdmtoy for the license plate lights
image


ijdmtoy (bluer in person)
image


VLEDS
image
were these the L.E.D's you bought from him? i was thinking of buiying these, but if there is a blue tint then thats a big no.
iJDMTOY 108-SMD 3-Piece Vehicle Specific Exact Fit Full LED Interior Light Package For Acura Honda, Xenon White : Amazon.com : Automotive iJDMTOY 108-SMD 3-Piece Vehicle Specific Exact Fit Full LED Interior Light Package For Acura Honda, Xenon White : Amazon.com : Automotive
anthony_si08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_si08 View Post
were these the L.E.D's you bought from him? i was thinking of buiying these, but if there is a blue tint then thats a big no.
iJDMTOY 108-SMD 3-Piece Vehicle Specific Exact Fit Full LED Interior Light Package For Acura Honda, Xenon White : Amazon.com : Automotive
I got those about a year ago and haven't noticed a blue tint. They're not warm white, that's for sure. They're very bright and fit nicely into each of the housings.

If you're annoyed by 'cool white' then these aren't for you.
Brad Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
R18LX-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 542
Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igeboy View Post
I tried to do a google search. It looks like their site is under some construction.
Also, I searched for coupon codes

NLCODE = 5% off
H3F316 = 10% off $20
7581B4 = 15% off 50

None of those codes work. Anyone have anything?
Ill do some digging later on today and hopefully Ill find something
R18LX-S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,711
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by R18LX-S View Post
Can you post a link and/or pics!

I want these but can't find them anywhere :'(
the direct fit panel interior leds from ijdmtoy or the 194 rb leds from v-leds??
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32
wow they look great, been meaning to change out some of my lights for leds
kentchup. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
R18LX-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 542
Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
the direct fit panel interior leds from ijdmtoy or the 194 rb leds from v-leds??
v-leds
R18LX-S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cbp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 206
Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSi-era View Post
nice.. no difference with a sedan im guessing?
Thanks. The coupe and sedan share the same dome, map, and license plate bulb types. I found the easiest way to check bulb numbers is on superbrightleds' website. On the left side there are drop down menus for vehicle selection. Once completed it gives a list of all compatible bulbs for every placement. Link below.

LED Car Bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin H View Post
Looks awesome. I have the annoying blue as well and want the clear white
Thanks. It's so much more pleasant with pure white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin00 View Post
I agree with the blue tint.

Its cool at first, but it gets kinda annoying in the long run.
No hate tho, I've purchased stuff from them before and its quality.

They got some 7.5w reverse bulbs that are advertised with a blue tint, when in reality its pretty white.

I was the first 8th to have them, pretty satisfied with the results.
/partiallyadvertising
Nothing against ijdmtoy's parts. They worked great with no problems. I just wish they had more color choices for white like superbrightleds and VLEDS. I actually bought a set of the projector LEDs from ijdmtoy, but they just didn't have enough usable light for me. I'm sure some of the other bulbs with more LEDs are better, but I'd rather save my money for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddd.W View Post
WOW 1st of all i need to say THANK YOU to you, because thats the white im looking for. The only reason i didnt install HID yet it because i cant find a pure white license plate light to match my Volt HID 4300k light.
No problem, that's why I made the thread lol That's the same HID kit I have in my Mini H1's. It's a nice solid kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
Thanks for the post! Those looks pretty nice! I have the ijdmtoy direct fit panel on my r18 and it doesn't seem to be as white as those! I actually have the v-leds 194 5k retina burner for my license plate and its damn bright! brightest 194 bulb if im not mistaken..
No problem. I was tempted to get the direct fit panels from them but I hesitated because I knew their "xenon white" is really cool white. EXLED USA sells a really nice direct fit kit in multiple colors (even multiple white colors) with adjustable brightness for each panel. But the price kept me away. I'm happy with the VLEDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R18LX-S View Post
Can you post a link and/or pics!

I want these but can't find them anywhere :'(
If you're asking for the Retina Burner VLEDs: 5K WHITE 4 LED 2W HIGH POWER BULBS 194 168 158 | 1 PAIR - Forward Style - 5K White LED - 194 - 168 - 158 LED - Bulb Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igeboy View Post
I tried to do a google search. It looks like their site is under some construction.
Also, I searched for coupon codes

NLCODE = 5% off
H3F316 = 10% off $20
7581B4 = 15% off 50

None of those codes work. Anyone have anything?
They just overhauled their site and actually moved to a different URL. The old one was v-leds.com and the new one is vleds.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_si08 View Post
were these the L.E.D's you bought from him? i was thinking of buiying these, but if there is a blue tint then thats a big no.
iJDMTOY 108-SMD 3-Piece Vehicle Specific Exact Fit Full LED Interior Light Package For Acura Honda, Xenon White : Amazon.com : Automotive
As far as I know, almost any of ijdmtoy's "xenon white" LEDs will have a slight blue tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Bishop View Post
If you're annoyed by 'cool white' then these aren't for you.
Almost anything with "cool white" or "xenon white" will usually have a slight blue tint, similar to 6000k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentchup. View Post
wow they look great, been meaning to change out some of my lights for leds
Thanks. I definitely recommend them if you want pure white.
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cbp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 206
Clayton
Even though I haven't tried this kit, I really feel like it would be great for those who want to go "all out" with LED lights in the stock locations.

EXLED USA sells this complete interior kit with map, dome, and trunk LED panels, and a pair of LEDs for the license plate. Color choices are 3K white, 5K white, 6K white, 7K white, yellow, pink, red, pio green, green, alaska blue, blue, and custom. Every color but 5-7K white have extra costs. The interior panels have a small brightness adjustment screw.

They also offer a lot of other cool LED accessories and kits for other vehicles.

Honda Civic 8th & 9th gen custom interior light kit




cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 32
wow, the exled one is kinda crazy extreme ..
rsqd03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsqd03 View Post
wow, the exled one is kinda crazy extreme ..
Ya, but u get ur moneys worth. I just bought 3 map/dome lights, and a pair of license plate lights. That totaled around $35. For double that, u get more than double the leds and a trunk light. More value in the exledusa kit if ur willing to drop the money.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Igeboy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cbp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 206
Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsqd03 View Post
wow, the exled one is kinda crazy extreme ..
Yup lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igeboy View Post
Ya, but u get ur moneys worth. I just bought 3 map/dome lights, and a pair of license plate lights. That totaled around $35. For double that, u get more than double the leds and a trunk light. More value in the exledusa kit if ur willing to drop the money.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Definitely. I actually reused one of my ijdmtoy LEDs for the trunk light. But the trunk could still use some more light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivi View Post
they also do custom headlight
Yup. If you go to exLEDSHOP.com, which I think is their international site, they have even more stuff!
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Led Strip 9-12 Leds SMD5050 PURE White hadar20 Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon 1 04-02-2012 03:49 AM
DRL Luminics Pure Blue or Nokya Arctic White SBAQUi4L Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon 1 12-30-2009 07:46 PM
Interior LEDs IndoJin1604 Inside and Out 4 12-13-2008 08:35 PM
who is the guy with red/white interior leds? bruchte Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon 14 11-10-2008 12:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved