Pure White interior LEDs! - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Binks

Darwin
I like the turn signal.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp27 View Post
Even though I haven't tried this kit, I really feel like it would be great for those who want to go "all out" with LED lights in the stock locations.

EXLED USA sells this complete interior kit with map, dome, and trunk LED panels, and a pair of LEDs for the license plate. Color choices are 3K white, 5K white, 6K white, 7K white, yellow, pink, red, pio green, green, alaska blue, blue, and custom. Every color but 5-7K white have extra costs. The interior panels have a small brightness adjustment screw.

They also offer a lot of other cool LED accessories and kits for other vehicles.

Honda Civic 8th & 9th gen custom interior light kit

exLEDusa Honda Civic Custom LED Map Light - How to Install - YouTube

exLED Acura RSX DC5 Custom Interior LED Lights Kit - Map: 5K, Dome: Red - YouTube
I wonder how bright are those compared to the v-leds that you have right now? Do you think those exledusa direct fit would be way brighter than the v-leds?
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
I wonder how bright are those compared to the v-leds that you have right now? Do you think those exledusa direct fit would be way brighter than the v-leds?
I have no doubt they would be a lot brighter than the VLEDs just because of how many diodes there are.
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Brad
Anyone know how to wire courtesy lights or leds so they worj with the dome light. All I find are peope jimmy rigging it with duct tape etc...Im looking for something safer and more legit.

I asked vleds and they were no help
R18LX-S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Binks

Darwin
Brightness also depends on wattage. My 1W LED 194 license plate bulbs were bright. Then I bought 2W bulbs which are much much brighter. Anything with higher watt like CREE bulbs would be too bright. Lol.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by R18LX-S View Post
Anyone know how to wire courtesy lights or leds so they worj with the dome light. All I find are peope jimmy rigging it with duct tape etc...Im looking for something safer and more legit.

I asked vleds and they were no help
Bam! How to Install Footwell Lighting that Dims with Dome Light in a 2006-2011 Honda Civic Coupe - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar-Dar View Post
Brightness also depends on wattage. My 1W LED 194 license plate bulbs were bright. Then I bought 2W bulbs which are much much brighter. Anything with higher watt like CREE bulbs would be too bright. Lol.
Makes sense.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
I have no doubt they would be a lot brighter than the VLEDs just because of how many diodes there are.
Here are some photo reviews for the exLEDusa. Hope these help.

Review: Custom RSX-specific interior LED replacement lights by exLEDusa - Club RSX Message Board
exLED Kit Installed - With Pics And Installation Tips - Drive Accord Honda Forums
EXLEDUSA custom LED interior light props - AcuraZine Community
Review: exLEDusa custom 3rd gen base Toyota Prius interior map and dome light LED upgrade | Balancing Act
sivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

Eric
Did this too. My LEDs are so bright on the interior its blinding luckily I don't try and use them while in motion. My plate ones also give a nice bright glow and make the car look much classier than the stock ones which were kind of orange.
lamboboy732 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar-dar View Post
i like the turn signal.
+2
rsqd03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #30 (permalink)

Did anyone install the trunk light from VLEDs? I'm having a hard time figuring out which one to purchase from their web site. I want to make sure the LED shines only downward and covers the entire 360 degrees of the trunk, but must not shine upwards.

I already figured out the ones to get for the interior lights & license plate lights. Thanks.
MardiGras is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras View Post
Did anyone install the trunk light from VLEDs? I'm having a hard time figuring out which one to purchase from their web site. I want to make sure the LED shines only downward and covers the entire 360 degrees of the trunk, but must not shine upwards.

I already figured out the ones to get for the interior lights & license plate lights. Thanks.
I plan on upgrading my trunk light to a VLED light soon. I'm using one of my old "xenon blue" leds from my license plate lights for now. A 194 type bulb will work.

This is what I plan to get from VLED (they come in pairs though): 5K WHITE 4 LED 2 WATT HP FLANK BULBS 194 168 158 | 1 PAIR B/O

Here's a cheaper alternative that has a slightly lower output rating: 5K WHITE 4 LED 3 CHIP FLANK BULBS 194 168 158 2825 | 1 PAIR
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I plan on upgrading my trunk light to a VLED light soon. I'm using one of my old "xenon blue" leds from my license plate lights for now. A 194 type bulb will work.

This is what I plan to get from VLED (they come in pairs though): 5K WHITE 4 LED 2 WATT HP FLANK BULBS 194 168 158 | 1 PAIR B/O

Here's a cheaper alternative that has a slightly lower output rating: 5K WHITE 4 LED 3 CHIP FLANK BULBS 194 168 158 2825 | 1 PAIR
Thanks cbp27!

So a standard 2825 bulb dimensions are 27mm L x 10mm W.

The first VLED you listed above is 27mm L x 10mm W x 9mm thick, so that one should fit nicely.
The second VLED you listed is 28.5mm L x 12.4mm W x 4.6mm thick. Do you think the extra bit of length & width may prevent proper fitment?

Both of them look like they'll just shine downwards directly below the lens cover vs spread around the entire trunk. Have any idea? It's hard to tell from the pictures on the VLEDS web site.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

Clayton
Quote:
Thanks cbp27!

So a standard 2825 bulb dimensions are 27mm L x 10mm W.

The first VLED you listed above is 27mm L x 10mm W x 9mm thick, so that one should fit nicely.
The second VLED you listed is 28.5mm L x 12.4mm W x 4.6mm thick. Do you think the extra bit of length & width may prevent proper fitment?

Both of them look like they'll just shine downwards directly below the lens cover vs spread around the entire trunk. Have any idea? It's hard to tell from the pictures on the VLEDS web site.
I'm not sure about the size of the trunk light lens/holder. I would suggest removing and measuring the empty space before ordering just to make sure you buy the correct size. And yes, the LEDs I listed are on one side of a flat panel and shine directly outward. I've seen on 8th before where people use aluminum foil or thin aluminum from soda cans as reflectors to help direct more light downwards. If you're worried about the spread of the LEDs I'm sure VLEDs can provide you with their spread pattern (in degrees).
Old 06-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not sure about the size of the trunk light lens/holder. I would suggest removing and measuring the empty space before ordering just to make sure you buy the correct size. And yes, the LEDs I listed are on one side of a flat panel and shine directly outward. I've seen on 8th before where people use aluminum foil or thin aluminum from soda cans as reflectors to help direct more light downwards. If you're worried about the spread of the LEDs I'm sure VLEDs can provide you with their spread pattern (in degrees).
Thanks again. I decided to pull the trigger on the exLEDusa.com custom LED kit. It looks sweet, and I like the fact that brightness levels for all interior LEDs are easily adjustable.

It's $70 for the full kit. If I purchased the equivalent set of bulbs from VLEDs, I'd have to fork over $50; so the $20 difference is a no brainer for me.

Anyone installed the exLEDusa kit?
Anyone know if they go on sale or have a promotional code?
Attached Thumbnails
Pure White interior LEDs!-exled-custom-kit.jpg  
Old 06-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #35 (permalink)

Clayton
Quote:
Thanks again. I decided to pull the trigger on the exLEDusa.com custom LED kit. It looks sweet, and I like the fact that brightness levels for all interior LEDs are easily adjustable.

It's $70 for the full kit. If I purchased the equivalent set of bulbs from VLEDs, I'd have to fork over $50; so the $20 difference is a no brainer for me.

Anyone installed the exLEDusa kit?
Anyone know if they go on sale or have a promotional code?
lol Good choice! I still really want to get the exLED kit someday. I know of two people on this forum who have this kit, but no DIYs or pics of after the install.
Not sure about the discounts. Let us know if you can find some!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
lol Good choice! I still really want to get the exLED kit someday. I know of two people on this forum who have this kit, but no DIYs or pics of after the install.
Not sure about the discounts. Let us know if you can find some!
They have excellent DIY videos on their web site & YouTube.

When I get 'em, I'll definitely post "after" pics.

I do know that they offer "group buy" discounts (saw it on a TSX forum). They offer a 20% discount for 10 or more buyers! May have to start a "Group Buy" thread to see how many 8th Civic takers there are.

I plan to call them later today. Will let you know if I find out anything.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

Clayton
Quote:
They have excellent DIY videos on their web site & YouTube.

When I get 'em, I'll definitely post "after" pics.

I do know that they offer "group buy" discounts (saw it on a TSX forum). They offer a 20% discount for 10 or more buyers! May have to start a "Group Buy" thread to see how many 8th Civic takers there are.

I plan to call them later today. Will let you know if I find out anything.
Sounds good! I'd definitely be in if you started a group buy.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #38 (permalink)

Check out this new thread I just posted if you want in on the 20-25% discount for the exLEDusa custom LED kit:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/light...group-buy.html

Last edited by MardiGras; 06-11-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Check out this new thread I just posted if you want in on the 20-25% discount for the exLEDusa custom LED kit:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/light...group-buy.html
Damn. I'm surprised at the lack of interest!

So far, it's just me and cbp27.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #40 (permalink)

some good info in this thread
Black03civic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.