iJDMTOY Super Bright LEDs! - Page 5 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Im goin to be adding leds ..dome light, map lights, trunk light, license plate lights, and the drl leds...does adding leds effect your cars electrical system at all or screw with anything else..or will the cars electrical system function exactly how it did when the stock bulbs were in?
revlimit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #82 (permalink)
13' TW Fb6
 
shad2fast4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 13,312
Shad
i would like to purchase led tailights, brake lights, signals (front and rear), reverse lights for my 11 civic 4dr. I haveno knowledge of the bulb numbers lol. I would like to kno the brightest 1's for each category.
shad2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Salem, Oh
Posts: 2,513
Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlimit View Post
Im goin to be adding leds ..dome light, map lights, trunk light, license plate lights, and the drl leds...does adding leds effect your cars electrical system at all or screw with anything else..or will the cars electrical system function exactly how it did when the stock bulbs were in?

The only thing the led's will do is decrease the load on the battery... You will notice little to no issues with led's. So yes it will function exactly like the stock bulbs...




Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2fast4u View Post
i would like to purchase led tailights, brake lights, signals (front and rear), reverse lights for my 11 civic 4dr. I haveno knowledge of the bulb numbers lol. I would like to kno the brightest 1's for each category.
I will let you know that even though they are led's they will not be brighter then the stock halogen bulbs. Depending on what colors you want, best to leave white in the brakes. Not red, even though they tell you not to, as it is dimmer then stock and can't be seen very well...

You will want amber for you turn signals with a flasher/load resistor to avoid rapid flashing...

I won't do this for you but here are your numbers you want...

Location[Stock Bulb #]
Back up light[7440]
Dome light[DE3022]
Fog/Driving light[H11]
Front sidemarker[1157A]
Front turn signal[1157A]
High mount stop light[7440]
License plate[168]
Map light[DE3022]
Parking light[1157A]
Rear sidemarker[168]
Rear turn signal[992 (7440A)]
Stop light[7443]
Tail light[168]
Tail light[7443]
Trunk/Cargo area[168]

Superbrightleds are good and cheap, but if you want great quality and don't mind paying extra for it then Putco is the way to go...

Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor
 
iJDMTOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 722
Thura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerson1 View Post

The only thing the led's will do is decrease the load on the battery... You will notice little to no issues with led's. So yes it will function exactly like the stock bulbs...


I will let you know that even though they are led's they will not be brighter then the stock halogen bulbs. Depending on what colors you want, best to leave white in the brakes. Not red, even though they tell you not to, as it is dimmer then stock and can't be seen very well...

You will want amber for you turn signals with a flasher/load resistor to avoid rapid flashing...

I won't do this for you but here are your numbers you want...

Location[Stock Bulb #]
Back up light[7440]
Dome light[DE3022]
Fog/Driving light[H11]
Front sidemarker[1157A]
Front turn signal[1157A]
High mount stop light[7440]
License plate[168]
Map light[DE3022]
Parking light[1157A]
Rear sidemarker[168]
Rear turn signal[992 (7440A)]
Stop light[7443]
Tail light[168]
Tail light[7443]
Trunk/Cargo area[168]

Superbrightleds are good and cheap, but if you want great quality and don't mind paying extra for it then Putco is the way to go...

Very well put sir! LEDs draw a lot less power than stock halogen bulbs. As for the brake lights, I personally do not recommend them for the tail lights although a lot of people do like them. LEDs are bright when comparing them next to halogen lights closely, but at a distance, halogen lights will win due to the fact that LEDs do not project light as far.

LED Panel Interior Package
$40.99
2006-2011 Honda Civic 5 Lights Direct Fit LED Interior Lights Package

License Plate/Trunk Light
$12.99
5-SMD T10 168 194 LED Bulbs, Car Interior Lights, License Plate Lights

Reverse Light, Sedan
$35.99
30 SMD 7440 7443 LED Bulbs | Back Up Lights, Corner Lights, Brake Lights

Reverse Light, Coupe
$21.99
13-SMD 5050 T10 Car Automobile LED Light Bulbs 168 194 921 2825

(The reverse light, tail/stop light, high mount, and rear turn signal all use the same type of bulbs)


If you use them for your turn signals, you will need load resistors.


The '8THGEN' code is now fixed, so you guys can go ahead and use it to receive 20% off your entire order!


__________________
info@ijdmtoy.com / ADD US ON FACEBOOK!
Monday - Friday 9AM-530PM PST
LED & HID Automotive Lighting Experts.
LED Bulbs, HID Conversion Kit, Daytime Running Lights

Last edited by iJDMTOY; 07-08-2011 at 05:56 PM.
iJDMTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,706
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDMTOY View Post
Very well put sir! LEDs draw a lot less power than stock halogen bulbs. As for the brake lights, I personally do not recommend them for the tail lights although a lot of people do like them. LEDs are bright when comparing them next to halogen lights closely, but at a distance, halogen lights will win due to the fact that LEDs do not project light as far.

LED Panel Interior Package
$40.99
2006-2011 Honda Civic 5 Lights Direct Fit LED Interior Lights Package

License Plate/Trunk Light
$12.99
5-SMD T10 168 194 LED Bulbs, Car Interior Lights, License Plate Lights

Reverse Light, Sedan
$35.99
30 SMD 7440 7443 LED Bulbs | Back Up Lights, Corner Lights, Brake Lights

Reverse Light, Coupe
$21.99
13-SMD 5050 T10 Car Automobile LED Light Bulbs 168 194 921 2825

The '8THGEN' code is now fixed, so you guys can go ahead and use it to receive 20% off your entire order!


So are you saying that leds are only good for reverse lights and not for brake lights?

There so many 7440 for the reverse light.. is the one you recommended the brightest among all the 7440?
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #86 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor
 
iJDMTOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 722
Thura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
So are you saying that leds are only good for reverse lights and not for brake lights?

There so many 7440 for the reverse light.. is the one you recommended the brightest among all the 7440?
The ones I provided the link to are the brightest we have for that size. You can use the LEDs in your brake/tail lights, but I rather just stick with my stock halogen lights. That is just my personal opinion.

Although, I do have many customers who love to switch it out to LED. It's a matter of personal opinion.
__________________
info@ijdmtoy.com / ADD US ON FACEBOOK!
Monday - Friday 9AM-530PM PST
LED & HID Automotive Lighting Experts.
LED Bulbs, HID Conversion Kit, Daytime Running Lights
iJDMTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Salem, Oh
Posts: 2,513
Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDMTOY View Post
Very well put sir! LEDs draw a lot less power than stock halogen bulbs. As for the brake lights, I personally do not recommend them for the tail lights although a lot of people do like them. LEDs are bright when comparing them next to halogen lights closely, but at a distance, halogen lights will win due to the fact that LEDs do not project light as far.

LED Panel Interior Package
$40.99
2006-2011 Honda Civic 5 Lights Direct Fit LED Interior Lights Package

License Plate/Trunk Light
$12.99
5-SMD T10 168 194 LED Bulbs, Car Interior Lights, License Plate Lights

Reverse Light, Sedan
$35.99
30 SMD 7440 7443 LED Bulbs | Back Up Lights, Corner Lights, Brake Lights

Reverse Light, Coupe
$21.99
13-SMD 5050 T10 Car Automobile LED Light Bulbs 168 194 921 2825

(The reverse light, tail/stop light, high mount, and rear turn signal all use the same type of bulbs)


If you use them for your turn signals, you will need load resistors.


The '8THGEN' code is now fixed, so you guys can go ahead and use it to receive 20% off your entire order!


Your interior package (led panels) comes only in Xenon White? Any chance that could be a different color...

Last edited by Beckerson1; 07-08-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 05:17 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,706
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDMTOY View Post
The ones I provided the link to are the brightest we have for that size. You can use the LEDs in your brake/tail lights, but I rather just stick with my stock halogen lights. That is just my personal opinion.

Although, I do have many customers who love to switch it out to LED. It's a matter of personal opinion.
Cool! thanks! appreciate the time for answering my questions through pm! great customer service! what i only need is to order what i need and once i get it.. i should be able to give a review on it still finalizing on what i would be needing....
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #89 (permalink)
VIP Member
 
fiji_24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 318
I would like to share some pics with you guys. I ordered the LED panels on thursday evening and got them today, talk about speedy shipping!





I also ordered the license plate bulbs. I was afraid the bulbs might be too dim but I was pleasantly surprised tonight, they are so bright they shoot down to the floor!




Installation was a breeze. Literally less than 5 minutes for all 5 bulbs.
Thanks guys for the super fast shipping!

Last edited by fiji_24/7; 07-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.
fiji_24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,706
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiji_24/7 View Post
I would like to share some pics with you guys. I ordered the LED panels on thursday evening and got them today, talk about speedy shipping!

image

image

image


I also ordered the license plate bulbs. I was afraid the bulbs might be too dim but I was pleasantly surprised tonight, they are so bright they shoot down to the floor!

image

image


Installation was a breeze. Literally less than 5 minutes for all 5 bulbs.
Thanks guys for the super fast shipping!
Thanks for the pics! i'm planning to order the direct fit panels in the next few days...hows the direct fit panel... is it bright enough or is it too bright?

What kind of license plate is that? is that the 360shine 5 led 5050 ?
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MellowGato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 693
anyone have night pictures of the reverse LEDs? Post please.
MellowGato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 53
Nevermind I found the answer to my question....

Last edited by jkulysses; 07-12-2011 at 01:33 AM.
jkulysses is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #93 (permalink)
VIP Member
 
fiji_24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
Thanks for the pics! i'm planning to order the direct fit panels in the next few days...hows the direct fit panel... is it bright enough or is it too bright?

What kind of license plate is that? is that the 360shine 5 led 5050 ?
These are the license plate LEDs I ordered :

Item description: JDM Super Bright Xenon White or Ultra Blue 360-Degree Shine 12-SMD T10 LED Light Bulbs

The direct panels are super bright, but not in a bad way; the white light makes it nice and not annoying. I actually had a couple people ask me about those lights last night when I went to the supermarket LOL.

Last edited by fiji_24/7; 07-12-2011 at 02:41 PM.
fiji_24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THURA FTW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal 626
Age: 24
Posts: 747
Thura
wrong account again...

Last edited by THURA FTW!; 07-13-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: wrong account -_-...
THURA FTW! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #95 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor
 
iJDMTOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 722
Thura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowGato View Post
anyone have night pictures of the reverse LEDs? Post please.
I'll post them up tonight! I don't have a decent camera with me so they'll be OK quality pictures from my iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiji_24/7 View Post
These are the license plate LEDs I ordered :

Item description: JDM Super Bright Xenon White or Ultra Blue 360-Degree Shine 12-SMD T10 LED Light Bulbs

The direct panels are super bright, but not in a bad way; the white light makes it nice and not annoying. I actually had a couple people ask me about those lights last night when I went to the supermarket LOL.
Those are the 5050 5-SMD T10 bulbs, IMO, the brightest we carry for the license plate lights. We have T10s with more LEDs, but they may not fit in the housing.

Glad you like the lights!


We recently just started carrying a new product.. It is a yellow tinted vinyl for your head lights or fog light lenses.

Available for $7.99



These high quality vinyl films are sold in 12"x48" (1'x4') sheets. They are a bit thicker than the traditional vinyl film so that they are more durable against rock chips. These will also help keep the lens together in the case of a crack.

__________________
info@ijdmtoy.com / ADD US ON FACEBOOK!
Monday - Friday 9AM-530PM PST
LED & HID Automotive Lighting Experts.
LED Bulbs, HID Conversion Kit, Daytime Running Lights

Last edited by iJDMTOY; 07-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.
iJDMTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #96 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,706
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDMTOY View Post
I'll post them up tonight! I don't have a decent camera with me so they'll be OK quality pictures from my iPhone.



Those are the 5050 5-SMD T10 bulbs, IMO, the brightest we carry for the license plate lights. We have T10s with more LEDs, but they may not fit in the housing.

Glad you like the lights!


We recently just started carrying a new product.. It is a yellow tinted vinyl for your head lights or fog light lenses.

Available for $7.99

image


These high quality vinyl films are sold in 12"x48" (1'x4') sheets. They are a bit thicker than the traditional vinyl film so that they are more durable against rock chips. These will also help keep the lens together in the case of a crack.

Do you have a actual size for the foglights for 09-11 civic sedan? Also, would love to see how it looks when the lights are on.. pics please! Wondering if this one are better than the grfxp yellow overlays... Also would these melt???
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor
 
iJDMTOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 722
Thura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricetan View Post
Do you have a actual size for the foglights for 09-11 civic sedan? Also, would love to see how it looks when the lights are on.. pics please! Wondering if this one are better than the grfxp yellow overlays... Also would these melt???
These aren't pre-cut for the fog lights, unfortunately. These were originally intended to be sold for head lights so the sheets are large pre-cut sheets.

I don't have any pictures of them on the 2006+ Honda Civic fog lights, but if any of you local guys want to drop by, I can certainly provide you a free sample for us to take pictures for reference!

I'm actually doing some on-going tests on the film to see if they are resistant to heat, but they should hold up fine as they were designed for headlights with high wattage bulbs.

I apologize for lagging with the pictures! I forgot my phone at home today so I was not able to upload them to show you guys the reverse lights.
__________________
info@ijdmtoy.com / ADD US ON FACEBOOK!
Monday - Friday 9AM-530PM PST
LED & HID Automotive Lighting Experts.
LED Bulbs, HID Conversion Kit, Daytime Running Lights
iJDMTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #98 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor
 
iJDMTOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 722
Thura
As promised guys, here are the pictures at night:

Reverse lights have our 54-SMD 7440 LED bulbs and my license plate has our 5-SMD T10 bulbs.


Just the reverse lights by themselves


Excuse the crappy quality as they were taken from my iPhone. Let me know if you guys have any questions regarding these lights!
__________________
info@ijdmtoy.com / ADD US ON FACEBOOK!
Monday - Friday 9AM-530PM PST
LED & HID Automotive Lighting Experts.
LED Bulbs, HID Conversion Kit, Daytime Running Lights
iJDMTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, BC
Age: 28
Posts: 2,706
Maurice
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDMTOY View Post
As promised guys, here are the pictures at night:

Reverse lights have our 54-SMD 7440 LED bulbs and my license plate has our 5-SMD T10 bulbs.
image


Just the reverse lights by themselves
image


Excuse the crappy quality as they were taken from my iPhone. Let me know if you guys have any questions regarding these lights!
wow those are bright.. thanks for the pic! those license plate lights are pretty bright too! you said that these ones "JDM Super Bright Xenon White 30-SMD 360 Degrees 7440 7441 7443 7444 LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Lights, Back Up Lights or Brake Lights" are gonna be brighter than those reverse lights that you have?
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rarebreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: cle.
Age: 26
Posts: 192
Excited

Well, after reading through pages and pages of debates on this forum over HID kits, i researched quite a bit the past couple of days, and i just ordered a conversion kit from you guys for my Si 07.

Cant wait to get it ..actually my first mod lol so ill make sure to come back with a review and some pics!
rarebreed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/259167-ijdmtoy-super-bright-leds.html
Posted By For Type Date
Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon on 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-29-2011 01:33 AM
iJDMTOY Super Bright LEDs! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum This thread Refback 06-21-2011 06:34 PM

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Bright LEDs 08HondaTypeR Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon 9 04-10-2011 08:32 AM
Super Bright LEDS Cedrik Lopez Civic Coupe And Sedan 12 04-07-2011 08:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved