8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Where Did You Buy Your Fog Lights

4K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  bluCiv 
#1 ·
I was looking into buying a cheaper set of fog lights and add some HIDs, but I was curious as to where everyone bought their fog lights? I know a bunch of you purchased them off webpages for like $100+, but I am looking into a cheaper pair. My plans are to replace the lense with Lexan (to make it more sturdy) and add an HID kit that I have been looking into. Any insight guys?!?

Here are a few that I saw on eBay for dirt cheap:
1.) eBay Motors: JDM OEM FOGLIGHTS FOG for 06 07 HONDA CIVIC 2DR COUPE (item 380097205391 end time Feb-14-09 07:06:55 PST)

2.) eBay Motors: 06-07 HONDA CIVIC 2DR 2D COUPE OEM JDM FOGLIGHT CLEAR (item 200300022561 end time Jan-22-09 10:03:37 PST)

:popcorn:

#3 ·
i bought mine off of eBay for 80 bucks two years ago, up until this year they worked fine until i had a piece of truck tire hit my drive side bumper(on the fog light itself mainly, and it was morning traffic on my way to work and had no where to move) and it cracked all the way across, but then i looked into just replacing the housing itself and on a Honda parts site it was 97 dollars for one housing, i decided not to do than and just buy a new set off of ebay for like 50 bucks, they work great for me

#7 ·
^ damn, it seems like no matter what fogs you get, there is going to be a problem with them, such as:

*broken lense
*switch dying
*lights not working
*etc

which makes me think that I should just get a really cheap set b/c it is inevitable that they will break...

#10 ·
how long have you had them zetarin71?

it all depends on the area you drive in and what your roads are like, i dont feel bad buying another set and just using the housings because i didnt pay that much for them, and they work the same, i never had a switch die and i bought mine in august of 2006, up until this about a month ago i didnt have problem until one cracked
very true... I plan on buying a cheap set and then replacing the crappy ("weak") lense with Lexan which is like 10X more durable; and thicker too!

#9 ·
it all depends on the area you drive in and what your roads are like, i dont feel bad buying another set and just using the housings because i didnt pay that much for them, and they work the same, i never had a switch die and i bought mine in august of 2006, up until this about a month ago i didnt have problem until one cracked

#19 ·
I actually have two friends that bought ebay fogs.

and both of them had one lens cracked...pretty weird.

if you plan on getting fogs. make sure you put lamin x on it.
I was definitely planning on putting Lamin-X on it. But first I am going to replace the lense completely with Lexan glass, then putting the Lamin-X on it, making it more like 20x more durable and less likely to break :badger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.