8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Best Halogen bulb to go with?

16K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  dannyboy 
#1 ·
I've seen a TON of info on HID and projector setups in this section, but not too much on halogen bulbs. I'm trying to keep the cost low ($150-$300 for hid setup) but still have a nice looking ride. Plus, my local honda dealership told me that HID setups will burn up the wiring, thus voiding otherwise warrantied work.

AAAAnyway, I want to get some halogen bulbs with a super bright blue bulb. Nothing toooo blue....more like a pale "electric" type blue color. I've got yellow foggies and nokya yellows for the DRL'S. Any suggestions on which brand bulb to go with for the 9006's?

Thanks!

#2 ·
i use phillips hyper white. they are really bright but they arent focused as hids are so some people think im high beaming them. then i just flick my high beams to show that my lows are just really bright. i have yellow fogs and wanted to put yellow bulbs in the drl's. u have pics of that?

#4 ·
#6 ·
thanks for the info. I DO want my car to look mAd tyte y0.....
but not at the cost of decreased performance. I want style+functionality. I used to slap any old part on to my beater crx, but I wanna do it right the first time with this car. To be honest, I just like the way the blue bulbs look on a car, but it's starting to sound like it's not worth the hassle. Thanks again for the input.

#14 ·
hmm...that sux. i was wondering about that. I did some reading and came across issues with cutoff and glare. maybe I'll just leave the lights alone for now until i can afford retro. I've just got $250 burning a hole in my pocket. I don't wanna spend money on something I'm gonna have to take out. This site is a great resource for newbs like me. you've been really helpful dent, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.