8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DDM Apexcone Installed... not working

2K views 51 replies 8 participants last post by  trehouse 
#1 ·
I've double checked my connections, and it was a pretty simple install. I can't figure out what would be wrong...

Any idea's besides a broken kit or bulbs?

#6 ·
nevermind... I just read...

but I am still a little confused...

I take the female piece that the oem harness plugs into, and scratch away the plastic bump that prevents the male piece (from the DDM kit) from going in multiple ways?

then plug it in that way???

#9 ·
The cable which looks like an extension which is in the 0 ring and didnt come connected to anything I had to use since the white connector which was originally conntected to the original bulb on my 09 cant go directly into the ballast due to a tab on both sides on the ballast connection, not just on 1 side like the original bulb.
With the "extension cable" I plug the bulb into that and the other side into the ballast. It went into the ballast connector instead of going in and and covering the entire connector on the outside. For 9006's they said that this "extension cable wasn't needed"

#14 ·
here's how someone else explains the fix on the forum:

Emily
Send a message via AIM to LadyEmily

thank you guys so much! you were right, even though the socket was designed to go in ONE way, the manufacture apparently had the wiring reversed....

there was one of two simple solutions:

1) cut off the wire right before the socket, and reverse the connection and crimp it

2) or simply take a razor, and cut off (shave off) a little section of the socket that wouldn't allow it to go in reverse, and then push it in...

i went with option 2, and worked fine.

has anyone ever needed to upgrade their fuse with the HIDs?

thanks so much for your help guys!
LadyEmily is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

#16 ·
If I get you right, if the wire from the stock harness where the original bulb was CAN go right into the ballast you can do this as is common with 9006 bulbs.

In my case I couldn't cause the connector from the original bulb on my 2009 Sedan didn't. There's no need to use the extra harness. As you may have noticed in the instructions which came with the kit they show the guy cutting it off if not needed. Also, it can be used as an extension cord for mounting your ballasts way out of the way if youd like.

#18 · (Edited)
So I fully understand reversing the polarity, the question is...

Should my OEM harness plug (that previously went into the halogen bulb) go directly into the Ballast, OR should it remain how I have it as pictured? If I keep it how it is in the picture, then should I be reversing the polarity on that plug... or on the plug that goes into the ballast?

EDIT: I guess thinking about it logically, it does not matter because those red/black wires are essentially an extension to the ballast, and nothing more. I'm going to try flipping the plug's at each ballast... wish me luck

#20 ·
Keep everything the same. As long as the plugs are fully connected, you have them setup right. Each plug is a male and female end and can only be connected to each other.

If you did the ABOVE correct and the bulbs do not flicker or attempt to turn on, try the BELOW :

Take the power plug that connects to the factory harness, and remove that little groove in the HID plug....this will allow you to install the factory plug "upside down"

If that doesnt do the trick, send it back to DDM and they will get you a new setup

#21 ·
well, on your stock connenctor, you have the blue wire connected to the black wire on the ballast. And you have the black connector on your stock wire to the red on the ballast.
Black with black, red with blue dude lol. Thats why theyre not turning on. And using tape to hold them in place? Dont blazer projectors use 9006 bulbs?

#24 ·
Ah, it seemed like that was the only way that they fit. I never considered that the kits were wired opposite of our cars.

I bought my fogs from a member on here who said he had been using tape as well. The projectors that I have definitely don't have anything to hold a bulb (any type) in place.

Did I get screwed? I thought I'd read other people on here saying that they'd used tape for their retrofogs.

Also, thanks for everyone's help guys. I didn't mess with it today, but I will tomorrow and hopefully get them running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.