8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

HID Color Help

884 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Grey2.0SI 
#1 ·
sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't find a direct answer to my question.

I plan on buying an HID kit soon, and I plan on getting either an 6000k bulb, or an 8000k bulb. Now I know the 6000k bulb will produce an white light with a hint of blue. Also I know that the 8000k bulb will produce more of a blueish light.

My quetion is, what color will the 6000k bulb change to over time and what color will the 8000k bulb change to over time?

Also, My car is Rallye Red, and I think the more blueish color will look better with the color (I know I will be sacrificing some light ouput), but what do you guys think would look better with Rallye Red?

thanks for all the help :wheee:

#2 ·
When i had the Philips 8000K bulb on my Eclipse2G for about 2 years, it started changing to like a lighter blue towards becomming more white. And i did had a 10,000k bulb also, which is purple then it would be like a light pinkish red color. I never had anything lower then 8000K so i can not really give you an answer. Hope that helps.

#4 ·
alright, well, after browsing around photos on different topics and forums I've decided to go with 6000k bulbs.

the 6000k bulbs give more light output and have that hint of blue that I was looking for. The 8000k was just too blue, especially on an RR coupe lol. Also, the 6000k would attract less attention from police since they are more white and plain looking.

#11 ·
well, I ended up buying a 6000k kit, from the ebay store that was in the DIY frokm this section of threads. As that kit got a lot of good reviews, and was fairly cheap.

Also, I was wondering, since I had purchased the 6000k kit, would it be possible to change the 6000k bulbs in the future with different bulbs such as 8000k or down to 5000k?

#12 ·
Phillips doesn't make conversion kits, anything that represents its self as such is fake. What people do is rebase Phillips bulbs to make them compatible with non stock HID cars and sell them. The only bulbs they make are 4300K 85122 and 5000k 85122+ color match, in D2S D2R D1R...ect. They also make a 6000K Ultinon bulb(Which I have and is awsome!) which is not for sale state side or in EU and is available in Asia only.

*Edit* and Yes you can swap out bulbs down the road.

#14 ·
I just got the Xenon depot 6000K kit and couldnt be happier. Light output is what i wanted in addition to the color. They are bluer than i thought (they are white but tinged with blue through the light, i guess more than i thought not that its bad.) I have only had them for a few weeks so i have not noticed any change in color. I was looking at 6000K and 8000K but decided on 6 for the better light output and am happy i did. I say go with the 6000K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.