8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

no more hid's

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  cambodianricer 
#1 ·
#7 ·
IM ALSO A VICTIM OF SUPERVTEC =[ !!! but my situation is different..the bulb colors arent matching because if you look directly at the bulb one is blue and the other is white. the output on the streets is still the same though. The ballast are in good working order just boo boo bulbs

#10 ·
Were you using a HID relay kit? I bought the same brand from a different ebayer and have not had a single issue. I have had the kit for almost 3 months now. I did put in a HID relay harness when I installed the HID kit. I wonder if the lack of the relay kit may have been your problem?

#11 ·
the slim ballast are more likely to experience problem starting up because instead of using the traditional coils to step up the voltage, it uses change pump circuit as well. The charge pump circuity is very very easy to have collapsing waveform, causing the output to be at an insufficient voltage level to ignite the HID
All ballast (even from the same factory) are different. Some are simply better than the other ones. It's just by chance if you get a good or bad ballast.

I never trust ebay sellers. but best of luck in confronting with him.
I have one of those slim ballast as well. I got it from ClubLexus. If mine burns out, I'm switching back to stock bulbs.

#12 ·
I have the same Xentec slim hid kit that I have been using since July and have not had any problems. I had the 5000k bulbs that it came with but was not happy with the color(it was too blue than supposely white) or output so I ordered some different brand set of 4300k. Never had any ballast problems from it, always turn on without hesitation - even in -10s degrees too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.