8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Matsushita Gen 3 Mounting

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  striker_1818 
#1 ·
I just got my retrofit done and am looking for places to mount my matsushita gen 3 ballasts. Before you all yell SEARCH at me I have searched and every single result has to do with plug and play ballasts with ballast mounts, and my matsushita gen 3 has none. It has triangular shaped holes on the sides, due to its circular shape and I am having a very hard time trying to find a place to mount them. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I know, it's hard to get that specific answer here. I mounted mine with 3m tape (as much as I could fit on the flattest side) AND zip tied them to the vertical frame piece directly under the headlight. I used some 12" or 18" long zippies I found at home depot in the electrical section. There are pre-drilled holes in frame piece you can fish the zip ties through.

I'm not saying this is what you should do... just telling you what I did. I really don't know if it's the best spot or not.

Also, my ballasts have gobs of silicone over the important connections, which I hope is enough to keep the water off in this somewhat precarious spot.

One last thing. Make sure you keep your relay plug and in-line fuse box up near the battery/coolant overflow bottle... in case you need to access it, you won't have to take your bumper off. I learned the hard way. lol.

good luck!

#4 ·
Thanks, I ended up putting them on the flat section directly under the turn signals, where the fender meets the frame next to the wheel well. I used Scotch double sided mounting tape and zip tied it also like you did. It seems really secure. I took some vaseline and put them on the ballast also. The relay plug and fuse box are up in the engine bay. Thanks anyways though! Seems like we did pretty much the same thing :thumb:

#9 ·
Both. You always place the connector facing down.
Remember gravity? Water gets in, but bc of gravity, it will drop down and dry up. Keep the connector upwards, and you will get water accumulated within a single spot that won't dry up because there is no way for that water to escape or drain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.