8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

H.I.D. Issue

736 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  obert 
#1 ·
Sometimes when it's very humid... I turn on my HIDs and my left low beam doesn't work. But I then, turn them off and right back on again and it works fine. What could be the problem? It's initially isn't turning on.

#5 ·
If the ballasts wasn't plugged in right... wouldn't the HIDs not work?... I've had my HIDs for a year now, they started messing up like 2 or 3 months ago. I'll check it tomorrow, gonna take off the front bumper again.
Anything else I should be checking guys?

#7 ·
If the ballasts wasn't plugged in right... wouldn't the HIDs not work?
If it's plugged in, but not all the way, you could get an intermittent connection, which could cause it to work sometimes and not other times. It could also explain why it happens with humidity, due to expansion/contraction of the plastic connectors.
But yeah, check your grounds and check to make sure that all the harnesses are plugged in completely.

Maybe also check the voltage... if the voltage is low periodically (not likely though), then it could cause the ignitor not to ignite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.