8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

buying HIDs

1K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  FA5KIT 
#1 ·
i was wondering is it that much brighter for the 55w den the 35w? i wanna get 10k 55w for low and 35w 3k for fogs i saw ddmtuning have some reasonable price HID i think ill get apexcone? does anyone know if the price for the HIDs includes shipping? or is it HID + shipping im from canada.

#2 ·
I added them to my cart and it was going to cost $15 for shipping, but I have not ordered them yet.
10K and 55 watts, from what I have read, there will be so much glare, you will be blinding everyone else on the road.
GL with your install...please post pics when you get them installed.

#9 ·
I think the point is that the 55w10k may be a bit bright (too much glare for everyone comin at u) unless you have projectors and even then there's a risk. Most peoples will warn you away from using em but I don't have them it's just what I've been reading. They're very noticably brighter then the 35w's from photos people have posted.

There's definitly shipping added to DDM's prices when you check out as mentioned above.

#16 ·
I am going with the 35w kit myself...but I have 2 questions...Is 6000K more like what I would see on a stock Acura TL or TSX? or would they be closer to 5000K?
Then, is it better to be safe than sorry, and just go ahead and buy the harness, even though you are only using 35w system?

Sorry to threadjack...but these are relevant questions...
Thanks in advance for all the help on this...

#17 ·
I would say 5000K would be a better representation. TSXs and TLs have projectors where the light is constantly refracting. The headlights will look pure white if it's parked right behind you at a red light. It will create hues of purple and blue if it's a distance behind you i.e. highway since it's bouncing up and down and the light is bending.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info...5000K it will be...If Civic were to get HID's stock, that is what I want it to look like...And for those who hate on HID's, I am not spending $1000+ for retros.
So now all I need to know is if I need a harness for 35w 5000K HID's..Anyone?
Also, since I am considering DDMtuning.com as the seller, is there any difference in the $59 apex and the $99 (supposedly better built) Helios or NiWalker?
Thanks again everyone

#22 ·
Straight from the ddmtuning website..

What is the difference between 55w and 35w kits?
Our 55w HID kits are 40% brighter than the standard 35w kits.The 55W system ballasts are about 1 cm longer than the 35W ballasts. 55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output( for example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit).55w Kits are not recommended for smaller fog light housings because they tend to concentrate a large amount of heat in a small area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.