8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

What should I pay to have my foglights installed?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Bman825 
#1 ·
Got a free pair of OEM foglights for my 07 Si sedan. Dealership wants 200$ to install them. Is this reasonable?

#2 ·
If you don't want to deal with the hassle of carefully cutting your bumper and get it scratch-free, trail and error for fitting, do the whole wiring on the outside, go back and take the dash apart and finally take the dead pedal off to have access to the inner fender. If you're ready to do that, then by all means don't pay the $200. It's not hard but it does require time and patience

#13 ·
Again, you may be savvy or know how to do it. But for people who don't know how to do it properly, you can't just tell them to straight up do it themselves. Why? they might do something that cannot be reversed which has happened ALOT on this forum and some members have had their warranty revoked.
I know it's easy and I can do it. I did both OEM and k2. You might know as much, if not more or less, than I do. But does the OP have any knowledge or background?
Think before you type stuff out. I've laid out what he needs to do on my first post. If he's not comfortable with it, then he can always pay someone else to do it. If he feels he can at least try, then go right ahead.

#16 · (Edited)
LOL some things never change.

OP: Read through collegehills instructions and see if its something you could do. It's just a few screws and clicking connectors together. Really easy. The only thing you have to be careful with is cutting the plastic part out of the bumber. A razor blade and a steady hand should do it.

Oh and I think 200 is a little steep for this. But we are talking about the dealer. Try a small time shop with a decent reputation and see what's up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.