8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

New third brake light

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  FA5 7ATE6 
#1 · (Edited)
After running without a third brake light for well over 8 months because I just had to have an ex trunk, I decided it was time to come up with one even though I inspected it without one. But with window tint and no third brake light I figure I would end up being a cops love the way I drive, especially with my name on the inspection stickers. A buddy of mine picked up almost a hundred feet of these lights and realized I could throw something together. After trying many different lengths, locations and angles I came up with this was the best set up for me. So here it is, sorry for the poor picture and filthy car. Questions and comments are gladly welcome.

See less See more
#7 ·
I tried doing the top with a longer strip. But I ran into a problem with the little plastic cover on the left side blocking about 2 inchs of room so it looked really bad missing two inchs on one side. Other than that I really couldnt go anywhere else with it, except an idea to put it in my hfp rear lip. And sorry for the wrong way picture. I tried correcting it 3 times and it stays the same.

#22 ·
I think it is straight but just the reflection of the lights off the glass make it look wavy. Good idea. looks good. I would of probably went with a shorter strip though. Also do you mind giving like a DIY instructions I might take my wing off or swap and would also like to have a 3rd brake lights and have tint already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.