8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

HID Problems

883 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  trehouse 
#1 ·
Hey, I got my HID's installed yesterday by a local garage, and I noticed that my Hids are moving up and downl a little, its a little hard to explain but, even if my car is stopped, my lights goes a little down and up all the time .. can anyone help??..

#8 ·
Your car is a front wheel drive car. Whenever it moves, the aim of your beams will always go up unless you have a car with auto-leveling headlights. That's why you can't aim these perfectly with HID's or follow a little website that says the cutoff has to be at this specific measurement.

#11 ·
could be a slight flicker...maybe it's the ballast...I'd build a harness and run it straight from the battery..it's like $30 in parts...and as many may argue save your factory harness...striker may agree with me, but others think you don't need it..I live by the motto "better safe than sorry"

#12 ·
i'm having the same problem...my left BULB flickers JUST a tiny bit...its noticeable only when im driving in dark streets...in addition to that...my xenons dont give out sufficient light...i took it back to the people and they even tried it with a different bulb...still flickers a little and it isnt too bright at all...its REALLY dim actually...any ideas???im pretty new at all this stuff so a "not to difficult to understand" reply would be helpful :)

#13 · (Edited)
raxar, I'm thinking to check all of your connections on that side. Could be a ballast thing but I'm not sure. If possible, without disassembling things (I realize you had these installed for you) can you wiggle each connection while watching the light output against a wall? Thats what Id do. Wiggle each connection on the problem side to see if the flikering stablizes by temporarily making either a better connection to ground or to the + side. In other words, grab the point of connection and pull it to 1 side and hold it there a second while watching the flickering then try in the other direction on that connection. Then move to the next connection etc. Don't pull enough to bust anything, just enough to increase pressure on each connection.

BTW, what temp are the bulbs?

I was thinking that if you should also swap the ballasts (perhaps 1st thing) to see if the problem moves to the other side without wasting time checking the connections.

Alternatively, bring it back to your installer and tell them 1 side flickers and they'll do the above or something similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.