8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Headlight Bulb Install

19K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  PrettyRicky 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've done half a dozen searches already and haven't been able to find anything. Can someone point me to instructions for replacing headlight bulbs while taking as few things apart as possible?

#6 ·
I installed a full HID kit on my car without taking off the wheel.

When you go to replace the driver side, turn the wheel as if your doing a right turn. It'll give you plenty of space to get to the bulbs. Left turn for passanger side.

you don't even need to pull the inner fender all the way off, just pull it back.

#9 ·
I don't know if this will help anyone, but 2008 Civic, passenger side bulb low beam. Turn the wheel all the way to the right. Turn your attention to the front passenger wheel well. There are two plastic pop-pins, one on the edge of the fender and one in the center of the wheel well. If you remove these two pins, then pry the plastic wheel well cover back enough to get your hand/wrist into the area where the bulb is located, it will twist right out. This method took me about 5 min, start to finish.

#10 ·
hey man i think i can help. Well i have a 06 civic si coupe. and for that all you need to do is.
for the drivers side. turn the wheel all the way to the right. and you will be able to see the bulb right behind the fender. just turn it counterclockwise and remove it. I was able to fit my hand in there.
For the passenger side. turn the wheel all the way to the left and do the same thing. Its pretty easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.