8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DDM tuning hids????\

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  huy1224 
#1 ·
are these hids that reliable for the price they offer them at. its a too good to be true price for some hids with slim fit ballast. has anyone had them and/or had problems with them

#4 ·
i have them right now, for the price they are and the function, they do the job nicely. I was very pleased with mine and it was easy to install. I don't really have any problems with them at all, except that sometimes when turning the lights on, only one side will go on. However its really easy to fix, just flip the switch on and off again and the 2nd light will fire. Not sure why this happens, but my friend's set does the same thing. I did a group buy with 2 other guys and they didn't charge us tax. so overall i am pleased with them, but someday I may want to upgrade to a better set.

#11 · (Edited)
I bought the regular 35w 6000k Apexcone hids, they shipped me the DDM slim ones that costed $15 more. :dance: I'm not complaining lol, they work awesome, easy to install. Both mine fire up right away, but I find that if you move the external ignitor/ballast they lights will turn off, so you gotta mount them well. (I just used double sided tape and it keeps falling off.) Just buy them man, they come with lifetime warranty so if anything goes wrong your safe. Oh, they were pretty backed up when I bought them (November 17) they shipped on December 4 and I received them on December 11. You might not receive them before Christmas.

#20 ·
Yeah 6000k is really white but if you look at it on certain angles its a little blue. Supposedly hid bulbs color shift after like 100 hours, so 6000k will be closer to 7000k? I had those blue halogen bulbs before, they sucked ass. I could barely see, and when it rained it was like I had no lights on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.