8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

RX330 Retro Cutoff

5K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  HoNgKoNgKoBe 
#1 · (Edited)
My brother helped me take some pics of my cutoff and it seems to be messed up. my left beam goes "-\" while the right beam goes "/-" what ways are there to fix this. on HIDplanet it was said to be RHD. if i just leave it on now and change it when it gets warmer will it blind on coming traffic?

elvasoshexai said:
so is the only way to fix it taking it all apart and making a new shield?

here are pics:

#3 ·
driver side needs to be rotated clockwise if you're facing it. passenger side needs to be rotated counter-clockwise if you're looking at it. and they both need to be centered. the beams spread to far apart. The stagger in the beam patterns should overlap.

you don't need new shields but you do need to take them apart and adjust the WHOLE projector. as for blinding people, I'd be consider with the left side of the driver lamp because it's cantered pretty high. Who did your retro/how did you aim them.

#4 ·
someone on the forum in my local area did them but sold them as he didnt have his 8th gen anymore. he did it himself. and i didnt rally aim it yet i just sort of put it on the car to test fit. and i came out with issues.... fitment problems with holes and now this. i dont really want to take it off as im pretty lazy and its too cold.

#8 · (Edited)
not necessarily a pro, but someone who knows how to properly aim them. You can do it yourself if you look at how it's installed, what changes need to be made to make it look like that picture..it's just a matter of taking off the clear lens and moving a few parts around..but if you're not into that sort of thing, give customlightz a call they are REALLY good if not the best, as long as you have a spare set to run for now if you ship them all your parts I'm sure they can fix it/make you a new set.

8thcivic has a pretty good reputation with them

Pirate: projectors have a cutoff shield that gives the light it's characteristic sharp line, and if they are install crooked the shield is oriented wrong and it ends up like the OP's. It's fixable and hardly catastrophic, but it's annoying to fix

#9 · (Edited)
thanks alot for you info i just PMed one of our local ones on this forum linuxglobal. so would you say that it is the projectors not put properly making this issue? i dunno too much about lighting so bare with me.

#10 ·
It's all good Pete. But yeah, from the looks of it they are merely installed crooked and beam pattern is a bit wider than it needs to be. should be a relief since it's not that hard to fix and it's not something wrong with the projectors themselves. All they would have to do is adjust the rotation on the projector unit and aim them so the cutoffs overlap like the pic i posted.

#20 ·
thanks for all the help your help mike its greatly appreciated.

well from this point on you have the bulk part of the retro done have him (linuxglobal) add shruads and fix the alignment of the lenses then you should have decent retros rather then your pimp cardboard shrouds :D
mhmm my brother helped me call linxu. its all set an done for friday :wheee:. prepare for some nice retros at the next meet haha.

#13 ·
wow I knew they where a little off but I didn't know they where off that bad, though it was hard to tell while in your garage.

them being siliconed into place will make them a lot harder to take apart now :(

dose it smell like burning yet pete?

as HondaFREAK pointed out they need to be adjusted (which we kinda knew already) and once they are taken apart it's not too hard to do it but winter is not the best time for it.... pete I say drive like that for now and either we do something with them when it's not winter or save up some money to get real retros

#18 ·
nop it doesnt smell yet. i PMed linuxglobal and he found the issue already :dance:. i think he may even help me change out that carboard haha. mhmm it was sorta hard to tell when it was in my garage but when i took it out for a bit it didnt seem right to me. and then my brother took charge and went out to see himself.

#17 ·
wow, those are so effed up.

+1 for CustomLightz (and HID Illusionz) .... another example of why I'd rather pay them to do it for me rather than me to screw it up myself!

Sorry to see man, hope everything works out well.... I think once you rotate them properly, they'll look great!

#22 ·
of course i will take some before and after pics and take some vids while the guy finds out what stupid mistake the seller made. but there goes more money down the drain:(. so there goes my intake now unless someone wants to buy me one for christmas :pray:

#30 ·
^ Squirrel finders :)

I think the current model MDX has a better version of that feature. The shroud has a little flat reflector part at the bottom that reflects a bit of scattered light up, rather than searing people's eyes with what's coming directly through the lens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.